WWE

lharris92

I think we all know that Reigns is going to beat Taker and Mania. 

In my opinion the only way that will work is if it also involves a heel turn. They've pushed him endlessly as a face and it simply isn't working. I think people are starting to get a bit sick of it. A heel turn would at least keep fans happy as that what they (we) have wanted for ages.

Having said that, people always said the same about Cena and that never happened. Merch sales are king.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I think we all know that Reigns is going to beat Taker and Mania. 

In my opinion the only way that will work is if it also involves a heel turn. They've pushed him endlessly as a face and it simply isn't working. I think people are starting to get a bit sick of it. A heel turn would at least keep fans happy as that what they (we) have wanted for ages.

Having said that, people always said the same about Cena and that never happened. Merch sales are king.

He's been booed every week for the last 6 months that i've been watching. Think it started a lot time ago.

Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton 
(WWE Championship) 

Bayley vs. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
(RAW Women's Championship) 

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar 
(WWE Universal Championship) 

Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker 

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal 
(Winner = Braun Strowman) 

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H 
(No Holds Barred) 

John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse 

Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens 
(WWE United States Championship)

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon

Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe

Dean Ambrose vs. Baron Corbin 
(IC Championship Street Fight) 

Gallows & Anderson vs. Enzo & Cass
(WWE RAW Tag Team Championships) 

***Kick-Off Show*** 

Neville vs. Austin Aries 
(Cruiserweight Championship Lumberjack Match) 

Alexa Bliss vs. SD! Live Women's Roster
(SmackDown Women's Championship) 

American Alpha vs. The Usos 
 (SmackDown Tag Team Championships)

Going on what we already have confirmed I think this is the card we will end up with. I would be tempted to have the RAW Tag match on the Kick-Off show too but I think they will have Enzo & Cass win the titles on the main show. They've held off for a reason. On the topic of the Kick-Off show, I think the Cruiserweight title match could easily end up being a multi-man ladder match. 

On 3/10/2017 at 2:31 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

So the Impact Wrestling (no longer TNA)  reboot show last night was apparently one of the worst shows of all time. They spent most of the show talking about WWE and how Impact used to be good and started a feud between commentators.

Come on you know better than apparently. People LOVE to hate TNA. Most people moaning about it won't have seen it, they never do, they just love to shit on TNA, Over the years TNA is shit their wrestlers are shit, nowadays OMG I love Joe and AJ and Aries and EY and all these new guys TNA would never have such talent, OMG Daniels is ROH champ TNA OMG Kaz is TV number contender etc, everyone getting pushed in other companies were all hated in TNA now theyre elsewhere everyone is w*nking over them.  

So bored with it all, if you like it, enjoy it, thats it simple.

BTW going back to Mania the card is very lackluster, the poster says it all, I tell you what, soon Goldberg, Taker, Lesnar, Shane, Cena etc aren't going to be around, sadly Reigns is gunna be around a while but when theyre all gone, AJ, Owens, Nakamura, Joe, Rollins, we could start to have great wrestling cards again, instead of just living off name value. Just want to get this Mania out to way and hopefully by next years Mania things will be very different.

15 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

TNA is shit their wrestlers are shit, nowadays OMG I love Joe and AJ and Aries and EY and all these new guys TNA would never have such talent. 

I have to admit I have only seen one tna match and had never seen any of those names before they joined nxt. I wouldn't say I love all those guys. Joe is my favourite on raw along with reigns and rollins. I enjoy Styles, but he doesn't have the charisma to be "the man". Aries and young are wwe mid card level at best. 

20 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

BTW going back to Mania the card is very lackluster, the poster says it all, I tell you what, soon Goldberg, Taker, Lesnar, Shane, Cena etc aren't going to be around, sadly Reigns is gunna be around a while but when theyre all gone, AJ, Owens, Nakamura, Joe, Rollins, we could start to have great wrestling cards again, instead of just living off name value. Just want to get this Mania out to way and hopefully by next years Mania things will be very different.

It's up to those guys to take the ball and run with it. I would argue that neither Rollins or Owens excelled as world champions. My belief is that match quality is way down the list of reasons why the new generation struggle to get over in the wwe. 

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Come on you know better than apparently. People LOVE to hate TNA. Most people moaning about it won't have seen it, they never do,

I'm just going by some reviews I read. 

It's obviously all opinion but this one reviewer certainly isn't a TNA hater. He actually gives Impact a thumbs up most weeks. 

Reby Hardy's rant on twitter was hilarious. TNA trying to get the ROH PPV removed off cable because of The Hardy's being on it. Hardy's weren't called Broken or Brother Nero and didn't say DELETE. they done a chop which looked like the DELETE taunt to get the crowd to chant it, quite clever actually.

Reby is a dick, yeah Anthem gain nothing in keeping the Broken gimmick at their camp and no-one using it but its clearly a fear of ROH gaining ground on Impact rather than a fuck you move to the Hardys, Impact tried to get Bully back and he chose to try something new in ROH, the Hardys however way its painted up chose ROH over Impact, I don't blame them, Hardys have been stale for ages, the broken thing was good, but its time is over already, Hardys aren't losing any name value over this broken thing, Jeff is losing any, the only person that might is Matt solo, cus he absolutely SUCKED before the broken gimmick. 

The thing is though Reby spoke about how the Hardys have stood by TNA over the years and this is how they repay them, fuck off Reby, TNA stood by Jeff more than ANY other company would, Drug addiction, we will still pay you, can't go overseas, we will drop the title off you and put it back on you after the tour and in the meantime whilst you can't do any of our biggest dates of the year, we will still pay you, fuck up the main event of one of our biggest PPVs to date and storyline, we will still pay you, break your fucking leg pissing around on a motorbike and be out for an entire year when we need you and your name value more than ever, we will still pay you. Let you promote your shitty band, your artwork and everything else on our television product. Everything over the years, Jeff Hardy has got a awesome deal from TNA, Matt on the other hand, completely out of shape, fat, stale as fuck and they still stood by him and paid him and put him in a prominent role.

WWE stopped the Dudleys being the fucking Dudleys when they were before they even came to WWE. That is worse. This broken thing is just a flash in the pan and if Matt really needs a 2 year old gimmick to try and stay relevant then he may as well give up now.

She has been totally unprofessional, shes an absolute colossal twat. Fancy publicly shaming Jeff Jarrett being drunk after all the public shame Jeff Hardy has brought on the family. The Hardys have always been a spot monkey tag team, Dudleys were always the by far better team, Jeff has done very well as a solo wrestler, Matt has always been plain damn average in the ring. Dire in fact. Reby is just scared her meal ticket is flying out the window. She needs to shut her mouth and start acting like a grown up, just because there's a platform of social media doesn't mean you air all the dirty laundry out on it, I wouldn't be surprised if her big mouth has cost Hardys getting a gig back at WWE.

The new Network show Bring it to the Table, just watched it, have to say, pretty excellent. 

Its almost a modern day Prime Time Wrestling, for those of you old enough to remember that, will think wow awesome! Just without any actual wrestling action. The host some guy I can't remember from ESPN, the one who works WWE PPVS was good, Corey Graves was excellent, JBL is a great contrast but he's a little too still in WWE selling mode. 

What it seems to me is this show is targetting the smart marks, and they are in effect trying to fool the smart marks into thinking a certain way, theres a bit about Reigns in there that had me feeling this way. JBL makes a few ridiculous comments which are so sucking Vinces dick, but otherwise its enjoyable. Corey going off on one about AJ Styles v Shane at Mania I enjoyed, saying that AJ is wasted in a match with Shane and he has no interest seeing that match whatsoever, to which the host tries to say is that because shane isn't on AJ's level and then JBL butts in who is, only 2 guys in the world one of which was John Cena, had me rolling my eyes. 

Anyway give it a try, sadly however, it doesn't look like its a weekly show this aired the 13th and im sure they said the next one is the 30th. This deserves to get a weekly slot on the network. 

Went to see ICW in Leeds on Sunday and had a brilliant time!

Think my mate may be getting us tickets for the NXT tour in June tomorrow aswell so that will be cool.

Sadly not excited by anything so far for Mania, other than Bray v Orton and Owens v Jericho. Is Balor v Joe official? That will be great if happening and Rollins v Trips will be good.

Zero interest in Oldberg, get him to fuck why is he back? Reigns v Taker zero interest, Enzo & Cass are style over substance so don't care, Ambrose v Corbin I've not seen enough of but quite happy to watch, Raw women I'm sure can put on a great match but how many times do we have to see some form of Sasha v Flair? Smackdown women I'm quite happy to watch, Battle Royal meh, Cena v Miz not fussed and I agree with Corey, why the fuck are they wasting AJ on Shane? AJ Undertaker could of been AMAZING as AJ can make ANYONE look like a wrestling God.

13 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Is Balor v Joe official? That will be great if happening and Rollins v Trips will be good.

I hope they don't do balor v Joe as it will be lost in the shuffle with no time to develop the story. I struggle to get excited about any match involving either rollins or 2017 hhh. 

16 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Zero interest in Oldberg, get him to fuck why is he back?

Because he is more over and a bigger draw than any of the full time roster. 

18 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I agree with Corey, why the fuck are they wasting AJ on Shane? AJ Undertaker could of been AMAZING as AJ can make ANYONE look like a wrestling God.

The reason he can't face Undertaker is that he already has an opponent. Shane has put on some very entertaining matches in his career and knows how to build a feud. It also will get some decent focus with a mcmahon in the match. 

We have different views on wrestling Pink, I don't want the product you do and would rather watch wrestlers who can actually work.

I realise Taker already has a match but if I'd of been booking I'd of put him with Taker as as much as I respect Takers career his body at this stage can't do it and while Reigns has been getting better AJ would of put Taker over like the legend he is.

Oldberg is a fucking mark just like Bret but while Bret had the talent Oldberg is just dogshit. He relies on his opponent to put him over and I don't think Lesnar is that guy. In all honesty I'd even be happy to see Lesnar squash him in record time and get him to fuck. 

Please, anyone, tell me Lesnar and Oldberg aren't going on last?

I'm looking forward to afew years down the road when Taker, Trips, Oldberg and the like are gone. Sadly I bet Vince will call back Rock at that point, I despair.

55 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

We have different views on wrestling Pink, I don't want the product you do and would rather watch wrestlers who can actually work.

I would agree everyone has different tastes which is a healthy thing. 

How do you define someone who can work. For example is someone who can do lots of cool  moved but lacks psychology a good worker? 

58 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I realise Taker already has a match but if I'd of been booking I'd of put him with Taker as as much as I respect Takers career his body at this stage can't do it and while Reigns has been getting better AJ would of put Taker over like the legend he is.

Undertaker really isn't on the card to have the best match. He is there to get a big pop for his entrance, show up, do some trademark stuff and then leave. I also suspect they are building to Lesnar v Reigns, so the latter needs the high profile match. Reigns v Taker is also more realistic from a visual perspective and there will be a clear face and heel in the match. 

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Oldberg is just dogshit. He relies on his opponent to put him over and I don't think Lesnar is that guy. In all honesty I'd even be happy to see Lesnar squash him in record time and get him to fuck. 

Please, anyone, tell me Lesnar and Oldberg aren't going on last?

Goldberg is charismatic and has great intensity. He may have only 3 moves but they are more over than many moves where people are risking their bodies looking for a pop. 

I would imagine they will go on last as it's the easiest match to promote. 

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

I'm looking forward to afew years down the road when Taker, Trips, Oldberg and the like are gone. Sadly I bet Vince will call back Rock at that point, I despair.

It's up to the next generation to get themselves over. It's easy to blame creative, or the older guys taking opportunities. I believe the new guys have to take responsibility, rather than making excuses. 

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I would agree everyone has different tastes which is a healthy thing. 

How do you define someone who can work. For example is someone who can do lots of cool  moved but lacks psychology a good worker? 

Undertaker really isn't on the card to have the best match. He is there to get a big pop for his entrance, show up, do some trademark stuff and then leave. I also suspect they are building to Lesnar v Reigns, so the latter needs the high profile match. Reigns v Taker is also more realistic from a visual perspective and there will be a clear face and heel in the match. 

Goldberg is charismatic and has great intensity. He may have only 3 moves but they are more over than many moves where people are risking their bodies looking for a pop. 

I would imagine they will go on last as it's the easiest match to promote. 

It's up to the next generation to get themselves over. It's easy to blame creative, or the older guys taking opportunities. I believe the new guys have to take responsibility, rather than making excuses. 

Oh I completely agree Pink, totally not having a pop at you just saying we have different interests in the product.

I'm not looking for someone doing crazy bumps but rather someone who can wrestle and has good psychology and if they can talk it's a bonus. 

Not quite sure what you mean by 'visual perspective'. I'd be more than happy to see a small guy who can work go up against Taker or Reigns and lose than see two big guys stumble their way through a match which is what those two will do.

Oldberg, to me, has zero charisma. I have absolutely no interest in him what so ever and he can't talk for shit on the mic. The guy can't even sell in ring which means there is no psychology or work being done. Wrestling, to me, has evolved past this. This isn't land of the dinosaurs anymore. Reigns is a big dude but against the right opponent I'll give him his due he can work. I'm looking forward to seeing him in afew years against Zayn, Ambrose, Nakamura, Balor etc. Oldberg, nothing. I'll happily and usually skip his segments.

Easiest match to promote is Owens v Jericho and Bray v Orton surely but I may, nay probably, be bias lol.

To me, the new guys are over. I would MUCH more see Rollins, Ambrose, Zayn, AJ, Ziggler, Joe, Bray and all the younger, leaner wrestlers who can truly work in ring. Hell even Cena, Miz and Orton who are older heads now I enjoy but I'm no fan of giants who can't work and dinosaurs who are past their best.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Not scripting promos would be a good start and maybe give guys some momentum instead of 50/50 booking. 

You didn't see Rock, Austin, HHH, Hogan...list is endless  all lose every other week clean, they were protected and pushed and not made to look like shit like Ambrose, Owens, Rollings, Zayn, Ziggler etc. WWE have nobody else to blame but themselves for not creating stars and having to rely on these old guys.

Also the belts mean absolutely nothing in WWE which hurts too. Look at Okada and Naito in NJPW (HW and IC champs). Neither guy has been pinned since August last year and that was in the G1 tournament. I use these two as an example because  next time either lose it's a big deal, as they have both been built as stars and it will mean something. Look at every match on Mania. Whoever wins and loses doesn't matter as nobody is protected apart from Goldberg, Brock Lesnar and I guess Reigns but even if he loses to Taker, it's just like "who cares" It hurts the product when nothing matters.

Can't blame Goldberg for being in the main event. good on him. He is making money and his son gets to see him wrestle. I've always been a big fan of his,  watched him when growing up but don't care for this run really and I don't see the match going longer than 8-8-10 minutes. Lesnar will win to set him up to eventually lose to Reigns.

Shane/AJ is a joke and a waste. Shane was decent 15 years ago. Did you see the state of him at Survivor Series?

Balor will be in the Battle royal or not on the show at all I think.

Best match will be Aries/Neville and they will be on preshow and get 10 minutes.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Not quite sure what you mean by 'visual perspective'. I'd be more than happy to see a small guy who can work go up against Taker or Reigns and lose than see two big guys stumble their way through a match which is what those two will do.

By visual, I mean Reigns looks like someone who could beat Undertaker when stood together. Reigns has had really good matches with big show and strowman which makes me think he is the perfect opponent. It will also have the best baby face /heel dynamic of the night. 

Oldberg, to me, has zero charisma. I have absolutely no interest in him what so ever and he can't talk for shit on the mic. The guy can't even sell in ring which means there is no psychology or work being done..

If he has all those flaws why do you think he gets such a pop? 

Wrestling, to me, has evolved past this. This isn't land of the dinosaurs anymore. 

Well less people are watching, so it's an interesting kind of evolution. The attitude era was full of mediocre workers. To me the wwe should never be a workhorse organisation it works best when it has a good mix of different types of wrestlers. 

Easiest match to promote is Owens v Jericho and Bray v Orton surely but I may, nay probably, be bias lol.

I disagree, someone like Goldberg is much better to stick on espn than a Kevin Owens, he is just a much bigger star. 

To me, the new guys are over. I would MUCH more see Rollins, Ambrose, Zayn, AJ, Ziggler, Joe, Bray and all the younger, leaner wrestlers who can truly work in ring. Hell even Cena, Miz and Orton who are older heads now I enjoy but I'm no fan of giants who can't work and dinosaurs who are past their best.

They are over with a small hardcore group of fans, but they are the main talents in one of the worst ever periods for wwe in terms of ratings. They aren't attracting any mainstream fans, in general they are too much about workrate instead of character. 

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

By visual, I mean Reigns looks like someone who could beat Undertaker when stood together. Reigns has had really good matches with big show and strowman which makes me think he is the perfect opponent. It will also have the best baby face /heel dynamic of the night. 

If he has all those flaws why do you think he gets such a pop? 

Well less people are watching, so it's an interesting kind of evolution. The attitude era was full of mediocre workers. To me the wwe should never be a workhorse organisation it works best when it has a good mix of different types of wrestlers. 

I disagree, someone like Goldberg is much better to stick on espn than a Kevin Owens, he is just a much bigger star. 

They are over with a small hardcore group of fans, but they are the main talents in one of the worst ever periods for wwe in terms of ratings. They aren't attracting any mainstream fans, in general they are too much about workrate instead of character. 

Owens v Jericho is best heel/face point of the night, Reigns is pushed by WWE as a face as is Taker so I don't get you with this big man.

Hey, I'm just taking about my preference not the 'WWE Universe'.

I think it's incredibly short sighted to put a 50 year old part time wrestler with no future who can't wrestle front and centre of your product to advertise it. I think joe public would be more impressed watching a great match than his 8-10 min snoozefest. Are you forgetting what these two have produced in their previous matches? Garbage.

"Small hardcore group of fans"? Disagree with you good sir.

46 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Not scripting promos would be a good start and maybe give guys some momentum instead of 50/50 booking. 

You didn't see Rock, Austin, HHH, Hogan...list is endless  all lose every other week clean, they were protected and pushed and not made to look like shit like Ambrose, Owens, Rollings, Zayn, Ziggler etc. WWE have nobody else to blame but themselves for not creating stars and having to rely on these old guys.

That gives the talent a free pass. To me it's a collaboration and both sides are to blame. Several of the names you mention have significant flaws which are nothing to do with the bookers. 

49 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Shane/AJ is a joke and a waste. Shane was decent 15 years ago. Did you see the state of him at Survivor Series?

The reality is the AJ match is filler, just like the cena match. It's not a case of either not deserving a big match, but the top 5 matches are set. It would be a much bigger waste putting AJ v someone like Samoa Joe as it would end up lost in the shuffle. 

53 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Best match will be Aries/Neville and they will be on preshow and get 10 minutes.

Not sure the best, but will be good. Neville has been the best thing in th wwe in recent months in my view. I hope he drops free belt and moves up the card.