WWE

lharris92

23 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't think that stuff would work in the  WWE. To me the money in hardy boys in wwe is a nostalgia run.

It's the most over gimmick in wrestling right now, bringing him in for his old act would be terrible. the crowd will just chant DELETE the whole time. The problem is Matt won't get creative control in WWE and they will fuck it up after a few weeks.

More TNA news - Jade has left and Bruce Prichard is back.

7 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Excited for Mania now if Smackdown title is triple threat!

It's not, keep watching!

1 hour ago, When Jokers Attack said:

It's the most over gimmick in wrestling right now, bringing him in for his old act would be terrible. the crowd will just chant DELETE the whole time. 

Most over as defined how? I suspect a decent proportion of the WWE fanbase probably doesn't even know where Matt has been for the last however many years.

I have no doubt some crowd members will shout things. I however don't think WWE should always tailor things to those who shout loudest.

Jade hasn't left yet, her contract expired but she may still work these shows.

Mike Bennett leaving, honestly, I don't care, apparently he was on $250k which is too high for where TNA is right now, he kinda bores me in the ring and the Miracle angle never got over.

Maria however was fantastic, her promo work is excellent and i'll miss her a lot. 

Looks like Matt Morgan is coming back to TNA as he said hes about to start wrestling full time on a weekly broadcast tv show again, Morgan I always loved in TNA, he can go for a big man, I loved the stuff he did with Cornette, he lost steam at the end of his run but the roster is thinned out now I think he could be a success. 

TNA are bringing in Fallah Bahh who looks and models himself on Yokozuna/Rikishi and Kevin Matthews who I know nothing about but in some photos looks like The Rock in 1997. 

I saw Abyss say theres some old faces going to be returning, guess one is Morgan wonder who else. 

And I saw Karen is going to be an on screen role, in small doses this is fine by me.

ANNNNDDDD

the other news Jack Swagger has asked to leave WWE, I don't blame him, he said it came time for renewals and they were way apart on money otherwise it seems he would have been happy to sit on a fat contract, bad work ethic, but he has talent. I expect Mantell will try and get him to come TNA but I imagine he will work all over the place.

I see Cody is working tomorrows live Impact but thats it as he has other stuff booked rest of the tapings. Guess Moose will batter him and write him off TV a bit.

13 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Most over as defined how? I suspect a decent proportion of the WWE fanbase probably doesn't even know where Matt has been for the last however many years.

I have no doubt some crowd members will shout things. I however don't think WWE should always tailor things to those who shout loudest.

Well obiously not most over if we are going by overall popularity and merch sales as WWE has a way bigger demographic than TNA. That would be John Cena and will be until the day he retires. Most over in the sense where ever he goes, every indie, ROH, hell even on RAW multiple times this year there has been a DELETE chant. I understand what you mean with your point but does it matter if some WWE fans don't know where he is been? WWE won't mention TNA anyway.  A decent proportion of the WWE audience didn't know AJ Styles but when he debuted it didn't see them like that. 

All I'm saying is if he comes out on RAW as Broken Matt hardy he will get the biggest pop of the year. Bringing the Hardy's in and using them the same way they used the Dudley's would be an insult. Did the Dudley's do anything memorable? waste of time,  Bubba was the heel they could have used.

I'm not saying WWE should always tailor to what the crowd want but it's just logic to capatlize on something that is hot and could provide some great feuds with Wyatt and The New Day. Maybe if WWE did sometimes listen to their audience then they would get somewhere with Roman Reigns. At times you have to do what the audience wants. Remember Daniel Bryan?

2 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Well obiously not most over if we are going by overall popularity and merch sales as WWE has a way bigger demographic than TNA. That would be John Cena and will be until the day he retires. Most over in the sense where ever he goes, every indie, ROH, hell even on RAW multiple times this year there has been a DELETE chant. I understand what you mean with your point but does it matter if some WWE fans don't know where he is been? WWE won't mention TNA anyway.  A decent proportion of the WWE audience didn't know AJ Styles but when he debuted it didn't see them like that. 

All I'm saying is if he comes out on RAW as Broken Matt hardy he will get the biggest pop of the year. Bringing the Hardy's in and using them the same way they used the Dudley's would be an insult. Did the Dudley's do anything memorable? waste of time,  Bubba was the heel they could have used.

I'm not saying WWE should always tailor to what the crowd want but it's just logic to capatlize on something that is hot and could provide some great feuds with Wyatt and The New Day. Maybe if WWE did sometimes listen to their audience then they would get somewhere with Roman Reigns. At times you have to do what the audience wants. Remember Daniel Bryan?

I wouldn't judge the Dudley's purely on what they did on screen. I think they were brought in to help the next generation of tag teams both on TV and house shows.

I just think the WWE demographic is  very different to other organisations. There are more kids who I think the gimmick would go over their heads. Also more people like me stuck in the past wishing it was still 1999.I think there's a danger in judging what fans want by who shouts the loudest.

37 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I wouldn't judge the Dudley's purely on what they did on screen. I think they were brought in to help the next generation of tag teams both on TV and house shows.

I just think the WWE demographic is  very different to other organisations. There are more kids who I think the gimmick would go over their heads. Also more people like me stuck in the past wishing it was still 1999.I think there's a danger in judging what fans want by who shouts the loudest.

Well the only reason WWE have interest in Matt Hardy now is because of this gimmick. Before Broken Matt they wanted nothing to do with him. There have been a lot of weird gimmicks and storylines over the years, kids don't need to understand every aspect of what is happening. I'm willing to bet to that kids who watch WWE would love this gimmick without having to understand it all. I guess we will find out if they return. 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

The Dudley's were poorly managed. I get that they were used as a means to put over others but those they did have done nothing since. The tag team division needs serious work on both rosters. There's enough talent there, just poor writing and character development makes everyone look like a jobber outside of The New Day or American Alpha. Saying that, TND have been feeding off scraps since dropping the belts and its taken far too long for AA to be given something meaningful to work with. Hopefully the division gets a bit more direction going into and coming out of mania but i'm not holding my breath. It will always be an afterthought

1 hour ago, DavisO89 said:

The Dudley's were poorly managed. I get that they were used as a means to put over others but those they did have done nothing since. The tag team division needs serious work on both rosters. There's enough talent there, just poor writing and character development makes everyone look like a jobber outside of The New Day or American Alpha. Saying that, TND have been feeding off scraps since dropping the belts and its taken far too long for AA to be given something meaningful to work with. Hopefully the division gets a bit more direction going into and coming out of mania but i'm not holding my breath. It will always be an afterthought

I don't think there's enough talent. I think the problem is that the talent available is stretched over 2 shows. I think they would be better having all the teams on one show and having one good division instead of two average ones.

I also have never enjoyrdnew day, apart from the cesaro/kidd feud. Them hosting wrestlemania fills me with dread.

Hardys debuted in ROH last night and won the tag titles, Bully Ray also sadly has turned up there, I'd have prefered him back at Impact, but oh well. 

Despite all the names mentioned there hasn't been maybe known names been used at the impact tapings so far. Chris Masters and Magnus have both been backstage but neither have been used.

Reigns v Strowman should have ended in a double count out or similar. The bad blood and animosity between the pair would have made that believable if they were just slugging it out ringside or within the audience forgetting the 10 count. No one wins and both still look strong heading in to 'mania. Apparently Taker is on Raw tonight so maybe he could have been used to cost Reigns last night. Reigns winning clean just doesn't make any sense.

No idea on the logic behind Charlotte losing her streak either. That was made for 'mania - they should have had an epic match last night with Bayley coming up just short or with Charlotte somehow winning via DQ. 

I thought the booking was fine as a lead up to mania. Strowman looked great in defeat and he is probably the most improved in the WWE in the last year. Reigns v strowman was my favourite match and anyone who says reigns needs to be carried to have a good match is talking rubbish . I actually also really enjoyed Cesaro v jinder, I only really hated the use of rusev. Very good show in my view 

Is anyone else fed up of The Undertaker's Mania matches having no real story to them? Every match he has had since the HIAC with Triple H has been completely meaningless. Just have some actual story for a change instead of Taker just coming out and deciding to start a feud with someone. 

I hope Reigns destroys him and goes over him at Mania. He needs to retire. 

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Is anyone else fed up of The Undertaker's Mania matches having no real story to them? Every match he has had since the HIAC with Triple H has been completely meaningless. Just have some actual story for a change instead of Taker just coming out and deciding to start a feud with someone. 

I hope Reigns destroys him and goes over him at Mania. He needs to retire. 

I agree the storylines have been lacklustre, however I still enjoy taker at mania. His entrance music alone is more over than the majority of the roster. I am looking forward to him facing reigns who is probably the right choice as opponent.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I agree the storylines have been lacklustre, however I still enjoy taker at mania. His entrance music alone is more over than the majority of the roster. I am looking forward to him facing reigns who is probably the right choice as opponent.

That's cool that you still enjoy him at Mania, I'm sure most people do. Personally, I'm sick of him. His matches have been lacklustre since Mania 29 against Punk. He says the same promo year after year. I really think he should have retired when the streak got broken. 

On 3/6/2017 at 10:46 PM, pink_triangle said:

I thought the booking was fine as a lead up to mania. Strowman looked great in defeat and he is probably the most improved in the WWE in the last year. Reigns v strowman was my favourite match and anyone who says reigns needs to be carried to have a good match is talking rubbish . I actually also really enjoyed Cesaro v jinder, I only really hated the use of rusev. Very good show in my view 

Rusev hasn't really had any good booking since he lost to Cena at Mania 2 years ago. Shame, hes a fantastic talent. 

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

That's cool that you still enjoy him at Mania, I'm sure most people do. Personally, I'm sick of him. His matches have been lacklustre since Mania 29 against Punk. He says the same promo year after year. I really think he should have retired when the streak got broken. 

Hes been doing the same promo since 1990. The Rest in Peace shtick was old by 1995. Should've stuck to the American Bad Ass gimmick.