WWE

lharris92

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

It made him look a complete pussy, could you imagine the stone cold or rock characters just accepting they aren't in the rumble.

My thoughts exactly! He should have taken someone else out and taken their place, cleared the ring with a chair in hand and hijacked the Rumble. He should have grabbed a mic a refused to let the event continue until he got Triple H. Triple H should have then come out and made his way to the ring, only for Joe come in the ring behind Rollins and debut a night earlier and beat him down and toss him over the ropes to eliminate him. I think that would have worked so much better. 

Also Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse is horrible. 

Edited by Andre91

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I disagree with Reigns not being able to have a good match unless someone carries him. I'm not a fan of his by any stretch, but I think he's consistently been putting on some really decent matches for quite a while now. Facing The Undertaker, though, won't be one of those occasions, I don't think. Honestly, Taker looked awful at the Rumble. He looked sluggish, out of shape and I think he really needs to call it a day. He should have done so a couple of years ago. If they're ever going to turn Reigns heel, then they should have Taker challenge him for eliminating him from the Rumble and Reigns consistently rebuff him until he agrees to put his career on the line. Have him cheat to retire Taker and be done with it. 

Goldberg will take the title from KO at Fastlane and Brock will take it from him at Mania. I've got no problem with that. 

I'm inclined to believe the rumours that Bray will win the title from Cena at EC and Randy face him for it at Mania. 

Rollins not being at the Rumble was a bad move, imo. I liked how he tried to hijack the NXT show and he should have done the same at the Rumble. Samoa Joe debuting is rad but if he loses to Rollins at Fastlane So Rollins can earn a match against Trips at Mania (which is how I see it going) then it will seem like a waste unless Rollins wins by ultimate shenanigans. 

What are they going to do with Cena at Mania?

Thats also my worry for Joe. There's no way Rollins in losing to him if they square off at Fastlane so there definitely needs to be a messy finish to protect Joe.

There was talk about Joe v Cena for 'mania but if he's on Raw then that seems highly unlikely. Assuming Bray wins the title at Elimination Chamber I can see it maybe becoming a triple threat match with Orton and Cena. 

Card prediction for Elimination Chamber:

John Cena vs AJ Styles vs Bray Wyatt vs Baron Corbin vs Dolph Ziggler vs Apollo Crews

Dean Ambrose vs The Miz

Alexa Bliss vs Naomi

Randy Orton vs Luke Harper

Becky Lynch vs Mickie James

American Alpha vs The Usos vs Slater and Rhyno

Nikki Bella vs Natalya

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DavisO89 said:

Harper came off really well against Orton. Hopefully he gets a singles push off the back of it. 

I thought that match wasn't great, was really disjointed in places and didn't flow great, the crowd chanting this is awesome, I was thinking christ I know you're enjoying being there and all but how many matches have you guys watched before? That chant is used way too often and if I have to hear JBL say the great ones make it look easy about Orton again im gunna scream.

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Wyatt winning the big one is lovely stuff. I hope they let him run with it. I would have him go over Orton at Mania. 

Agreed.Him as champion will hopefully be the opportunity to inject some storyline in to the main event, rather than 2 people just fighting to see who is the best. When he turns babyface he could be huge.

3 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Agree with the above, although some of the momentum has defo been lost on Wyatt, not sure why they've never let him have a midcard strap before. 

I see Wyatt in a similar way to undertaker, more about the character than the wrestling. I don't think they need mid card straps.

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

I thought that match wasn't great, was really disjointed in places and didn't flow great, the crowd chanting this is awesome, I was thinking christ I know you're enjoying being there and all but how many matches have you guys watched before? That chant is used way too often and if I have to hear JBL say the great ones make it look easy about Orton again im gunna scream.

WWE crowds are generally awful, too much about getting themselves over, instead of having fun. JBL is correct about Orton. I think people take him for granted as he has been there so long, but he is incredibly solid.

On 2/14/2017 at 10:38 AM, Andre91 said:

Everything about that Festival of Friendship segment was GOLDEN. One of the best segments I think they've done in absolutely years and years. 

Anything with Jericho is going to be gold in my opinion. 

Curious to know where they're gonna go with their storyline. Will Jericho cost KO the belt against Goldberg (Making Goldberg v Lesnar a title match) and then they'll fight for the US Championship at WM? I would LOVE to see Jericho with another WWE title run but just can't see it.

So Drew AND The Hardys have left TNA.

Drew I think couldn't come to terms on money by the sounds of it and Hardys wanted creative control and Impact wanted to own them and take a cut of their indie dates much like Drew and none were willing to do that.

It was said that now Anthem took over all the big earners would be cut and they would be focused on creating new stars and from Jarretts interviews it appears this IS the case. Honestly its quite exciting. You only need to look at the indie scene and see that you don't need ex wwe guys to have a good show.

WWE did a UK show full of UK indie guys and 5 Star Wrestling did a UK show full of ex WWE guys, which was far, FAR better, the indie guys show. Its time for TNA to go back to basics and build their own talent again. 

They have Lashley as their big name, they have EC3 as a main event guy, they have Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards [Richards is retiring this year however], they have a mid card of Moose, Jessie, Robbie E and Aron Rex and then they have a shining star in Eli Drake. Plus they still have Abyss who can be used at any level if needed. 

Oh and lets not forget DCC, James Storm, Kingston and Bram. Who I would split give James Storm his Cowboy gimmick back, beer drinking, babyface the fuck out of him and he could be the star who was ready when he won the world title. 

Oh and Mike Bennett who is clearly going to be pushed to world title this year.

If I was Jarrett I'd make the titles the focus and I would have a clear main event roster, a mid card roster and a tag division. 

The tag division in TNA is now non existant, the x division is pretty much non existant, the mid card level is muddy and the main event has been a clusterfuck. 

Jarrett knows what he's doing though and with Mantell and Sullivan alongside I think we will see a rebirth of Impact, I'd get Sonjay Dutt back onboard as hes a loyal Jarrett guy, it looks like Magnus is coming back in although I couldn't care less about that unless they change him from being a pussy. 

They have a good solid core roster, a few additions and im hopeful, we all remember how good TNA used to be right? 2006-2009 was a weekly wrestling show that was fantastic imo. They need to change that announce team though!