WWE

lharris92

The non rumble matches were solid, I'm a big fan of Neville post heel turn.

The rumble was a funny one. Started well, but seemed to run out of steam when Strowman was eliminated. I thought the ending was decent and no problems with the winner. The odds suggest that Orton win had been leaked, because the build up didn't seem to suggest he was winning.

I enjoyed the Gallagher and Dillinger cameos but feel it was missing in terms of surprise entrants/legends.I also was a bit surprised that Rollins didn't appear on the show.

Once they had decided to make Orton win it I thought the way they played it near the end was pretty solid. Basically using the heat on Reigns to push Orton on to everyone. 

But that doesn't make the decision to have him win the right one though. 

Plus they clearly set up Reigns Taker, which will be god awful in my opinion. Taker needs help these days in the ring, a good technician and one that can play off his character - Reigns isn't that. Plus having Taker put over Reigns (what I imagine will happen as Taker isn't the kind of guy that will want to finish with a win)  is just going to destroy any sense of atmosphere in the crowd, and really turn it sour. 

6 hours ago, mjsell said:

Once they had decided to make Orton win it I thought the way they played it near the end was pretty solid. Basically using the heat on Reigns to push Orton on to everyone. 

But that doesn't make the decision to have him win the right one though. 

Plus they clearly set up Reigns Taker, which will be god awful in my opinion. Taker needs help these days in the ring, a good technician and one that can play off his character - Reigns isn't that. Plus having Taker put over Reigns (what I imagine will happen as Taker isn't the kind of guy that will want to finish with a win)  is just going to destroy any sense of atmosphere in the crowd, and really turn it sour. 

Who was the right person to win it? I don't think there was an obvious choice so they went safe. There were pros and cons to everyone.. it was genius putting reigns out last, he still knows how to play the fans.

I personally am looking forward to Reigns v Taker, I think the short time together suggested chemistry there.

Undertaker can't move and Reigns can't have a good match unless it's with someone who can carry him. Reigns has terrible promos which are badly written and poorly delivered. So, I really don't see anything in this feud with Taker apart from yet another failed attempt at getting him over. 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

Undertaker can't move and Reigns can't have a good match unless it's with someone who can carry him. Reigns has terrible promos which are badly written and poorly delivered. So, I really don't see anything in this feud with Taker apart from yet another failed attempt at getting him over. 

I don't agree. I think Reigns has had good matches with Owen's and they are pretty equal talent wise in my view.

Have just finished watching NXT which was a solid show. I fear the cupboard however may be a bit dry when Roode and Nakamura leave.

9 minutes ago, DavisO89 said:

The problem with Reigns is that his skillset seems very limited. Superman punch, spear, powerbomb. Wish he would mix it up a bit and lose the ridiculous body armour thing. One positive of a Reigns Taker match is that presumably its a step closer to turning him heel..

I honestly dont think reigns will be able to do heel. He will forever sit in that space between the traditional heel and face. Not lovable and with enough unecessary heel stye beat downs to be a face, and a pure lack of mic skills and character to be a convincing heel. Even when part of the Shield (when heels) all he did was say 'Believe that' or 'Believe in the shield' at the end of promos from Rollins and Ambrose. 

Edit: there will be no better opponent than Taker to turn him heel though. And he could probably do well for that one feud. I meant long term heel ability.

Edited by mjsell

15 minutes ago, DavisO89 said:

The problem with Reigns is that his skillset seems very limited. Superman punch, spear, powerbomb.

Loads of the greats have had pretty limited move sets. I think people actually exaggerate how limited he is, he is more than proficient in the ring. I have generally only read good things from those who have worked with him.

8 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I honestly dont think reigns will be able to do heel. He will forever sit in that space between the traditional heel and face. Not lovable and with enough unecessary heel stye beat downs to be a face, and a pure lack of mic skills and character to be a convincing heel. Even when part of the Shield (when heels) all he did was say 'Believe that' or 'Believe in the shield' at the end of promos from Rollins and Ambrose. 

Edit: there will be no better opponent than Taker to turn him heel though. And he could probably do well for that one feud. I meant long term heel ability.

Vince knew what he was doing sending him out at 30. Whether that's part of a heel turn them time will tell. In terms of whether that's the right thing to do you have to look beyond internet fans and the "this is awesome, you deserve it" fans who attend the events. How much merchandise does Reigns sell to kids, I don't know the answer, but it's a factor.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Loads of the greats have had pretty limited move sets. I think people actually exaggerate how limited he is, he is more than proficient in the ring. I have generally only read good things from those who have worked with him.

Yep I have never thought his in ring abilty is a problem. Although I do think it might be a problem for someone like taker. Reigns will have to sell far better than he normally does and be more patience during recoveries - purely just to give Taker the time to get some air back in his lungs. Basically the same issues Taker had with Lesnar.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Vince knew what he was doing sending him out at 30. Whether that's part of a heel turn them time will tell. In terms of whether that's the right thing to do you have to look beyond internet fans and the "this is awesome, you deserve it" fans who attend the events. How much merchandise does Reigns sell to kids, I don't know the answer, but it's a factor.

Definitely. Vince has learnt a lot from Reigns' rumble win the other year and used it perfectly for the advantage of this years. Orton would never have recieved that kind of reception for the win in the majority of other scenarios.

I disagree with Reigns not being able to have a good match unless someone carries him. I'm not a fan of his by any stretch, but I think he's consistently been putting on some really decent matches for quite a while now. Facing The Undertaker, though, won't be one of those occasions, I don't think. Honestly, Taker looked awful at the Rumble. He looked sluggish, out of shape and I think he really needs to call it a day. He should have done so a couple of years ago. If they're ever going to turn Reigns heel, then they should have Taker challenge him for eliminating him from the Rumble and Reigns consistently rebuff him until he agrees to put his career on the line. Have him cheat to retire Taker and be done with it. 

Goldberg will take the title from KO at Fastlane and Brock will take it from him at Mania. I've got no problem with that. 

I'm inclined to believe the rumours that Bray will win the title from Cena at EC and Randy face him for it at Mania. 

Rollins not being at the Rumble was a bad move, imo. I liked how he tried to hijack the NXT show and he should have done the same at the Rumble. Samoa Joe debuting is rad but if he loses to Rollins at Fastlane So Rollins can earn a match against Trips at Mania (which is how I see it going) then it will seem like a waste unless Rollins wins by ultimate shenanigans. 

What are they going to do with Cena at Mania?

Cena is facing Joe apparently. 

I couldn't think of anything worse than Roman Reigns retiring Taker. They have tried everything with this man, literally nothing has worked, he does not deserve that accolade. And they need to do the Cena v Undertaker match at some point anyway before he retires. They should also try and do Jericho v Undertaker. Both would be more than capable of doing all the work, unlike Reigns who I just don't think is good enough.