WWE

lharris92

I'm going to watch a house show in Cardiff on Thursday, too. I was hoping it might have been a joint show but it looks like it's just SmackDown. The Motorpoint Arena has the matches as:

WWE Live returns to Cardiff this November! 
See your favorite WWE Superstars live in action including:

General Manager of SmackDown Live Daniel Bryan 

Dean Ambrose vs AJ Styles
Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt
Dolph Ziggler vs The Miz w/Maryse
Jack Swagger vs Baron Corbin
Rhyno & Heath Slater vs The Usos
Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss
Nikki Bella
Naomi
Hyper Bros
The Ascension 

And many more!
Line up subject to change

As a general rule, are the venues right on their lineups?

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Baron Corbin has been replaced on the SD! Surivor Series team by... Shane O'Mac. 

Read some reports that they are planning Shane vs. Brock for Mania (which is ridiculous), so could we see something there that picks up from that F5 at SummerSlam?

Tbh if you're just gonna have Brock squash opponents it's better it's someone like Shane than real and upcoming wrestlers.

13 hours ago, CHRLY said:

How was it? Crowd sounded fun.

It was ok. It was in the very last row so was pretty quiet a lot of the time where I was. Not enough wrestling and far too much talking segments. It was alright I guess but nothing special, wish I went to Smackdown instead but was no brand split when tickets went on sale. Bayley, Noam Dar, Jericho and The New Day were most over. Jericho is so damn over right now actually. I love how he is still so relevant.

• 2 weeks later...

That was THE worst booked WWE show in memory.

Absolute garbage booking from start to finish

If you haven't watched it yet then dont read on

The pulling of Nikki Bella right at start, the backstage segment was awful, if done to further a Smackdown storyline then why was Carmella so easily eliminated straight away. Post match beating of Bayley by Charlotte was the ONLY thing this match did and that was nothing new either.

IC title was decent affair, no complaints. 

Tag Surviors, what the HELL was the point in the New Day getting eliminated immediately, nothing but shitting on the fans who came to see them IMO. Rest of the match did nothing, built no one up, the only thing it did was leave a title shot for Sheamus and Cesaro, these are already over and stars, should have been to push newer teams like American Alpha. Uso's came over kinda strong even though they lost however.

The Raw survivors match was a complete CLUSTERFUCK, it was awful. Kevin Owens gets DQ'd for using a CLIPBOARD! Even though the ref didn't even call a DQ the announcers just announced it, then afterwards interference, tables used etc but no one else gets DQ'd. Whole thing was disjointed, Rollins looked off the pace completely. Wyatts dominance is done to death, they push them, then they job next month, I don't buy into Wyatts as a force anymore, and the guy who was made to look the most over was Shane McMahon, also where the hell was Daniel Bryan in the midst of all this, Smackdown is turning on each other but hes nowhere. Awful.

And the the 1 minute 30 seconds match with a push then 3 moves main event. Absolute GARBAGE. 

Goldberg will be gone and the guy who went through the whole WWE roster jobs and makes everyone look weak. 

Goldberg should have paid WWE for putting him over so strong. 

THE worst show in memory. It was the absolute pits.

I read some of the reviews online and they all say fairly similar. 

I haven't watched the show myself so can't really comment yet other than - WHY would they have made Goldberg beat Lesnar so quickly and easily? It makes absolutely no sense unless he's sticking around. Which I'm absolutely sure he isn't. Only think I can think is they'll do one more match where Lesnar destroys Goldberg?

Edited by DareToDibble

I worry about Will Ospray tho. He's only young but his injury history isn't pretty. If he keeps going as he does his career could be pretty short lived I reckon. 

I saw him before the show and asked how he was, he just said 'Alive'. It was a joke but sort of awkward. 

40 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Do we think it was a last minute change? 

Depends on when he signed the new deal. As soon as he signed that I'm sure Lesnar would've agreed to get squashed. A boring 20 minute match with either narrowly winning (which was the other option) wouldn't exactly light the world on fire for future matches. 

Also don't underestimate the UFCs popularity and the impact it has on WWE. McGregor is the biggest star there and his fights last for an average of 4 or 5 minutes.

I absolutely loved the booking of Goldberg vs. Brock. I was sick and tired of the same old Lesnar bullshit. Goldberg is the most over person on the roster by a mile and he's only been back a month. He is in great shape, is better on the mic than most of the roster and looks like a total badass even more now. Never expected it to go down like that, though. 

Rumours of him entering the Rumble. That'd be cool to see. Give us a 2004 repeat where he just goes spear crazy (hopefully landing one on Reigns :P ). I don't think him winning the Rumble would be right call, though. However, who else could win it at this point? Who is really THAT over?

Peehaps have Lesnar take the title off KO at the Rumble and Goldberg winning the Rumble match itself to set up their third encounter, where Brock says he wants Goldberg's career on the line for good this time, would be quite decent. 

I'm fully on the Goldberg hype train. 

I thought the Goldberg v Lesnar finish was perfect because catching Brock cold and winning quick is probably the most realistic way of Goldberg winning that match. Fair play to Brock taking that finish, as you can be sure many of the companies top stars in the past would not. However I get the impression that as long as Brock is paid what he wants he will do as he is told.

The rest of the card I thought was pretty poor. A load of heels and babyfaces who arent over in their roles leading to matches where nobody really cared. Even the Miz was brought down by Zayn who I still maintain is a very medicore character I also think the dive from the ring outside was overdone as I think it was done (often more than once) every match outside the main event. Even the normally reliable Jericho messed up with one of the loudest calls I have heard recently "Small package shane".

22 hours ago, CHRLY said:

I worry about Will Ospray tho. He's only young but his injury history isn't pretty. If he keeps going as he does his career could be pretty short lived I reckon. 

I saw him before the show and asked how he was, he just said 'Alive'. It was a joke but sort of awkward. 

Yeah he definitely needs to take it easy, he is already banged up and puts on great matches every time but he will end up like the Dynamite Kid if he doesn't tone it down on smaller shows. Really wish I was at one of the ROH shows, heard the Buckss/Briscoes match, Bucks vs Scurll/Ospreay (insane finish) and Scurll vs Ospreay for TV title were all fantastic matches at the UK shows.

47 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I thought the Goldberg v Lesnar finish was perfect because catching Brock cold and winning quick is probably the most realistic way of Goldberg winning that match. Fair play to Brock taking that finish, as you can be sure many of the companies top stars in the past would not. However I get the impression that as long as Brock is paid what he wants he will do as he is told.

Brock is good friends with Goldberg and pushed for the finish to happen and make it  a long term feud.

I thought Survivor Series was decent and wasn't  sure to make of the ending, was more just shocked, but since Goldberg is sticking around then I like the decision, he is the most over guy they have so I'm all for one last run. 

Did nobody watch the NXT show? I still have some of it to watch but the tag title match was fantastic! Revival and DIY are killing it every singlle time. Looks like Nakamura and Joe isn't over yet but want them both on main roster ASAP.

I was at the ICW show on Sunday and it was decent but nothing on last year's event. Kurt Angle main evented and it was the wrong decision to go on last as it was just a decent match and the crowd were a lot more into the ICW vs Black Label (for control of the company) match, Finn Balor got involved and stuff, was awesome fun.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

7 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Did nobody watch the NXT show? I still have some of it to watch but the tag title match was fantastic! Revival and DIY are killing it every singlle time. Looks like Nakamura and Joe isn't over yet but want them both on main roster ASAP.

Im a bit undecied about DIY as the revival make everyone look great, however one thing Im certain about is I hate the name of their team!!

39 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Yeah he definitely needs to take it easy, he is already banged up and puts on great matches every time but he will end up like the Dynamite Kid if he doesn't tone it down on smaller shows. Really wish I was at one of the ROH shows, heard the Buckss/Briscoes match, Bucks vs Scurll/Ospreay (insane finish) and Scurll vs Ospreay for TV title were all fantastic matches at the UK shows.

Bucks vs Briscoes & Scurll vs Ospreay were both top drawer, yeah. Crowd went mad for Scurll winning the title.

Loved the ending of Survivor Series was good to see Goldberg get the win so easily as i was expecting another 15 min suplex city borefest which the past few Lesnar matches have been. 

Really starting to dislike the James Ellsworth segments as they are starting to make the Smackdown world title picture a bit of a joke i feel like he should just receive his beat down and disappear until the Rumble now. 

Went to ICW on Sunday and loved it although i agree last year at the SECC was a much better show. The Team 3D vs Polo Promotions match was very disappointing after Bubba Ray's twitter building the match up like it was going to be some sort of hardcore war and team 3D even taking tables out during their entrance only for the match to be finished after 5 mins with D-Von getting pinned after a scoop slam.... Despite that i really enjoyed the other matches but i agree that ICW vs Black Label should have been on last as the atmosphere was amazing during it. Ricochet vs Lewis Girvan was match of the night imo Ricochet's dive into the crowd was sick. 

Edited by Succulence ltd