WWE

lharris92

Summerslam was OK. 4 hours is a bit long for me, but it's a bit more bearable with Cole doing less.

Cena v Styles easily match of the night. However too much kicking out of finishes. The moves will never get over if people kick out regularly and doing it less often would increase the impact when it does.

Usual problem with Rollins matches in the way he wrestles half the match like a babyface and half heel, resulting in little heat. 

Edited by pink_triangle

Duuuuuuuude! The amount of colour Orton got at Summerslam, seen clips of it and was genuinely shocked.

Apparently Jericho was furious in the back and him and Lesnar had to be separated.

Not watching 'the product' these days but gutted for Devitt/Finn.

Really hoping Noam Dar does well in that cruiserweight thing, fucking love him.

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Owens for Universal Champ, btw. 

I hope not, I think he is best learning heel psychology from Jericho out of the world title picture.  I'm not overly excited about any of the options, but would probably pick Rollins and turn him face as the least worst option.

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Duuuuuuuude! The amount of colour Orton got at Summerslam, seen clips of it and was genuinely shocked.

Apparently Jericho was furious in the back and him and Lesnar had to be separated.

You sometimes forget how tough someone like Jericho is. He is also in my view jointly with Charlotte the only heel in wwe who really understands how to be a heel.,

So what were peoples favourite match of the weekend? To me its the NXT tag match ahead of Cena V Styles. I watched it again to see if I overrated it, but its as good second time round and my favourite match of the year.

Finn is the third wrestler, that Rollins put on the shelve in less than year. I think he will have to alter his style soon. 

I felt really bad for Finn, I think he was meant to be the top baby face on RAW and it's going to be a big blow for raw

24 minutes ago, A-Rob said:

Finn is the third wrestler, that Rollins put on the shelve in less than year. I think he will have to alter his style soon. 

I felt really bad for Finn, I think he was meant to be the top baby face on RAW and it's going to be a big blow for raw

It will probably benefit fin as it will lead to a huge push when he returns.

Agree about Rollins. I see a few problems with his work. Firstly he needs to slow down, secondly he is one of the worse offenders for doing moves because he can, rather than because it makes sense in the context of the match. Thirdly the way he wrestles doesn't fit in with his character in the slightest.

I can understand them going with Owens in a 4 way where one opponents too inexperienced, one has recently failed a drugs test and one has injured his 3rd big name opponent in a short time. I would have personally gone outside the quartet.

However if Styles wins the SmackDown title we are left with 2 heel champions with no heel heat. I don't see how you can create great main event feuds with that dynamic. When I think back to the great heels, they would be devastated to get a "you deserve this" chant.

The last time I watched WWE was when Ambrose cashed in at MITB. Not seen anything since the brand split. The only thing I've seen is what i've read on these forums. Is it still the case (as it used to be) that RAW is the one to watch and Smackdown is the "B show"? Might start getting back into it as it sounds like a lot of the NXT guys are making a good name for themselves!

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Owens winning the title and Rollins turning face. I like. I like a lot. 

I would have gone Rusev, but Owens was the least worst choice that they could make from that selection of 4. Rollins should have come back as a face as his character has been all over the place.

Edited by pink_triangle

4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

The last time I watched WWE was when Ambrose cashed in at MITB. Not seen anything since the brand split. The only thing I've seen is what i've read on these forums. Is it still the case (as it used to be) that RAW is the one to watch and Smackdown is the "B show"? Might start getting back into it as it sounds like a lot of the NXT guys are making a good name for themselves!

SmackDown is the best show for 2 reasons. It's a better length and the announce team is better. To me these factors are more important than the individual rosters which are pretty similar.

Nxt is still the better show and the ppvs are better with the main roster ppvs constantly running way too long. If anyones interested there is a great interview with the revival on the stone cold podcast. They seem really class guys and are probably the best tag team in the WWE.

I really need to watch it - everyone says it's fantastic. 

Not really been caught up with everything recently, but Summerslam was overly long and boring. Tho I thought the ending to Raw this week was outstanding, really great bit of storytelling. Looking forward to where they go from here, I reckon there's lots to do with KO being HHH's boy. With Steph's confusion after the show there can be a whole other level to it. I wonder whether Hunter will go with KO as his guy and Steph will run with Rollins as a face. Also Mick can go now I think, he only seemed to be there to plug his network show anyway. 

I'm going to the house show at the O2 next week. Pretty miffed as it was originally advertised as a network special and now it's just a live event. 

14 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

I hope yous are watching the cruiserweight classic, best wrestling show out there right now. Last night's episode had two epic matches.

It's OK, but I find myself skipping through quite a lot. The trouble for me is that I don't know much of the talent, so am not invested in them.

. I think in a tournament of 32, it would have been nice to see a few more veterans than tajiri and Kendrick as I enjoyed some nostalgia.

I like the packages before the matches, but would have liked to see a few more heel up for the tournament.

53 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It's OK, but I find myself skipping through quite a lot. The trouble for me is that I don't know much of the talent, so am not invested in them.

. I think in a tournament of 32, it would have been nice to see a few more veterans than tajiri and Kendrick as I enjoyed some nostalgia.

I like the packages before the matches, but would have liked to see a few more heel up for the tournament.

Really? I could understand maybe skipping some of the first round matches, they weren't great but some were very good and overall perfectly fine television matches. I don't know all of the talent either but the tournament is meant to represent a lot of countries so that is why there isn't more veterans. Good wrestling is good wrestling even if you don't know who they are, it's not like there are storylines on CWC,  it's the most basic form of wrestling where it's about winning and losing, that is all the story of the show is and it works and comes off as important. The presentation of the show treats it more like a sport and it feels a lot more real than anything on the main WWE programming. The commentary is great too which adds to it. I can sit through a whole episode of this and not get bored and be left wanting to see more when it ends, I can't say the same for raw or smackdown.

Did you not enjoy lhis weeks episode? Two great matches and I hope Kendrick sticks around.

I'm looking forward to the live finals in two weeks, I think Gran Metalik will win it as he has signed  with them.

47 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Really? I could understand maybe skipping some of the first round matches, they weren't great but some were very good and overall perfectly fine television matches. I don't know all of the talent either but the tournament is meant to represent a lot of countries so that is why there isn't more veterans. Good wrestling is good wrestling even if you don't know who they are, it's not like there are storylines on CWC,  it's the most basic form of wrestling where it's about winning and losing, that is all the story of the show is and it works and comes off as important. The presentation of the show treats it more like a sport and it feels a lot more real than anything on the main WWE programming. The commentary is great too which adds to it. I can sit through a whole episode of this and not get bored and be left wanting to see more when it ends, I can't say the same for raw or smackdown.

Did you not enjoy lhis weeks episode? Two great matches and I hope Kendrick sticks around.

I'm looking forward to the live finals in two weeks, I think Gran Metalik will win it as he has signed  with them.

I enjoyed the Kendrick matches and agree that he should stick around. It would be a mistake to start off a division full of people that the majority haven't heard of.

To me it's just a matter of time constraints, I wound rather put on old WWE ppvs, than spend time watching people I don't know or care about. To me the emotional side is what draws me in, I'm not overly bothered about watching random people doing  a load of moves. None of the Japanese or Mexican guys stand out to me, when I compare with peak wcw. However that may change if they can build some  characters and find the 2016 makenko and mysterio.

As for the commentary, Ranallo is great, Bryan a bbit average.

Edited by pink_triangle

He's going to NJPW too.

hidden gens collection added to network. Can't wait to check it out. There is a lot of old school stuff. Been reading people raving about the last battle if Atlanta which was never released until now. Also added is Bret hart vs terry funk from the 90's, austin/hart match with Owen on commentary. Rollins vs Chris Hero from FCW. 

34 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think its madness WWE signing 10 cruiserweights for the new division. I think most will get completely lost in the  shuffle. They would be much better focusing on 5 or 6 and building up their characters. Then looking to expand when a few people are over.

They seem to be over-compensating with pretty much everything since the split. Smackdown is getting titles for every division, there was even talk from Meltzer to say that they were looking to introduce a Cruiserweight devision on Smackdown. It's going to all become too cluttered imo.