WWE

lharris92

Enjoyed Battleground, Raw was good in that we had Steph and Foley at the start laying out the show and that was that, no continuous backstage promos with them and not dragging out a tournament for weeks. 

I have to say though, Balor being in that position at Summer Slam for the title, leaves a sour taste for me, Owens and Cesaro deserve it more, they wouldn't do Rollins v Owens as both are heels, but Cesaro would have been awesome. 

Elsewhere, so they've split the roster so we can now have jobbers on Raw losing squash matches eh? back to 1993 Raw again we go. 

34 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I have to say though, Balor being in that position at Summer Slam for the title, leaves a sour taste for me, Owens and Cesaro deserve it more, they wouldn't do Rollins v Owens as both are heels, but Cesaro would have been awesome

From watching NXT it was clear that Balor was the golden boy, so his push doesn't surprise me. I think despite his size he has a look that Vince can buy into. I find him a bit dull personally, but maybe that's just me.

I suspect Owens and Cesaro have now been pigeonholed into that upper mid card role. I think Owens look will always count against him with Vince, while for Cesaro its a lack of charisma. I personally thought Cesaro was improving in that respect against Miz and was disappointed the feud ended.

32 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I like a good squash match now and again :P 

I think with 3 hours and no competition, some squash matches are good. It will also help get some finishers over, which is one of my main issues with todays product.

Agreed with The Nal

Although NXT is suppose to promote young and up and coming wrestlers, the main eventers such as Finn Balor, Samoe Joe and even Shinsuke have been around for a long time so they don't have many more years. So it's the right time to give them a run, besides they are way over with the fans there is no need to build them up 

I didnt think raw was incredible. It was a solid 3 hours, but nothing spectacular - (not counting the women's title match - that was great).

As someone who doesnt watch NXT (am aware of some of the wrestlers and have seen a few talked about matches, but dont have the time to keep up with it), Finn didnt connect with me that well. Thought he was another wrestler that follows an all too similar mould of the last few years. The key to a good product imo is variation and I just dont see much variation on the rosters atm. I'm all for someone with good technical ability but there is a need for other abilities.

Still to watch SD...

Edited by mjsell

5 hours ago, mjsell said:

As someone who doesnt watch NXT (am aware of some of the wrestlers and have seen a few talked about matches, but dont have the time to keep up with it), Finn didnt connect with me that well. Thought he was another wrestler that follows an all too similar mould of the last few years. The key to a good product imo is variation and I just dont see much variation on the rosters atm. I'm all for someone with good technical ability but there is a need for other abilities.

Still to watch SD...

I completely agree about Balor, his character is pretty much a guy who is good at wrestling, no different to Zayn or Cesaro.  Its one of the main reasons I love Enzo and Big Cass, I couldn't care less if they can have a 5 star match.  I couldn't get into Balor in NXT because they never gave me a reason to care about him.

On the subject of Enzo & Cass, I absolutely love how over they are. It's really warming to see two guys getting the love they deserve coming up from NXT. Not that we didn't see it coming, anyway. The eventual pay off of them winning the tag titles will be awesome. Personally, I'd wait until Mania. 

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

On the subject of Enzo & Cass, I absolutely love how over they are. It's really warming to see two guys getting the love they deserve coming up from NXT. Not that we didn't see it coming, anyway. The eventual pay off of them winning the tag titles will be awesome. Personally, I'd wait until Mania. 

It's precisely what WWE have been crying out for. Someone who is good on a mic doesn't need to be great in the ring to be a megastar (plus they have other attributes other than just talking) They are the most exciting performers I've seen enter since I started rewatching about 4/5 years ago. 

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The only trouble will be how long vince will keep them together before he gets the urge to break them up and push big cass as a solo act.  With the roster thin following the split,  I fear it may not be long. 

Whilst Vince does have previous of doing things like that, I'd like to think that even he can see how over they are and how well they work.
Personally, I've been expecting a New Day split for months. Surprised they've lasted this long so wouldn't be surprised to see one of them turn heel soon. Which I think would be a terrible move.

11 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Wellness policy doesn't apply to part time workers. 

I know. A bullshit technicality. Part timers still have to work with full timers. And are responsible for them in the ring. 

Huge asterisk beside Lesnar from now on. Weakens him significantly. And I hope the "Steroid city" chants in replace of "Suplex city" happen at Summerslam. New York crowd too. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

That tag match last night was something special.

Nakamura and Roode's entrances were awesome too. both guys are so over.

The tag match was the best tag match I have seen in wwe for a long time and I think it shows that a more old school style can work in 2016.  It looked like a real fight, there were no moves for the sake of doing moves, there was selling, the heels cheated, Ciampa did a great job of playing face in peril struggling to make the tag. It was the correct result in the correct manner and both teams looked better at the end than they did at the start. I think it was pretty faultless. I also give the people at NXT great credit because I felt all 4 men were pretty generic when they first came to NXT and have come on leaps and bounds.

I enjoyed Joe v Nakamura which again looked a real fight, however I felt both men kicking out of each others finishers (one of my main dislikes) knocked it down a little.

The rest was pretty solid.  Despite they hype coming in I have yet to be impressed by Aries or Itami, I cant see either getting above Darren Young/Neville/Sin Cara level if called up at all. I wonder if I will feel different after they feud.

I liked Austin Aries match with No way Jose, I wasn't expecting match but it turned out to be a solid opener. Also I'm looking forward for the feud between Aries and Itami. But I agree Aries so far, didn't made a huge impact on NXT. 

For me the match of the night was not the tag team match, but Joe vs Nakumara!! It was not a spotfest (like Nakumura/Zayn) or technical masterclass but still it was perfectly built they started with catch wrestling, then brawling and finally a couple of spots that made it an instant classic.