WWE

lharris92

On 5/12/2016 at 2:34 PM, jump said:

WWE merch really is cheap crap, I got my baby brothers New Day unicorn headlights (£15 each) which has unprotected soldered wires on the headstrap which has now broken just from them bending with the strap around the head and the shirts (£25 each) are screen printed logos that start peeling after the 3rd wash.

Xavier needs the money to pay his tuition fees. :lol:

Thanks for the warning about the headlights though. Was going to get some to wear for the Darts in Blackpool but I might give it a miss now. 

6 hours ago, Uncle Liam said:

Some people have mentioned that he's looking to get into acting. I found out the other day he was one of the first early supporters of DDP Yoga. He was doing it before he got into wrestling. I know Page is really looking to expand  and build his Yoga empire  so maybe he's going to work for Page as well? 

I think it's the right thing for him to go. As I was saying the other week there needs to be some form of roster turnover, more than there is now. He comes across as a really nice, chilled guy so I hope he does well for himself. 

His statement maybe hints at future acting but its so clear his passion to be a wrestler, his statement really made me feel for him, clearly legit, he really cares about the business. If TNA wasn't being booked as garbage he could come in how Christian did a decade ago and get to that main event level. Just a shame no-one has any idea what they're doing there. Maybe he will wrestler over in Japan. Be weird with his wife still in WWE however. It's a shame he felt so strongly he had to leave.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. The only dips were the Ambrose-Jericho match and the women's match I thought. Fell asleep during the former, woke up just in time for the latter, and I thought the finish really sucked for that.

Having said that, I liked the outcome of every single match on the card.

I really loved Miz winning for some reason. I don't know why. I thought he held up exceptionally well in that match.

Oh and I do hope they're not giving Rusev a mini-build, just for him to become Cena fodder on his return.

Double oh. I hate the pedigree as Rollins' finisher. Kinda hoped he would return with something new.

3 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

I really loved Miz winning for some reason. I don't know why. I thought he held up exceptionally well in that match.

It was booked brilliants (and that's not something you can say about the WWE too often in this day and age), Zayn, Owens and Cesaro all came out looking strong despite losing, if furthered the Zayn/Owens rivalry and cemented Miz in the cowardly heel role. Kudos to all four men, they put on the match of the night.

13 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just finished watching Extreme Rules, thoroughly enjoyed it. Best PPV in a while.

Was very enjoyable. Though Y2J and Ambrose was a bit shit but fair play to Jericho for taking that spot at the end of the match.

Fatal Four way was by far the best match.

The opening match was enjoyable, good to see some aggression from the usos.  Prefer this kind of match to some spot fests that have opened other ppvs.

In terms of the 4 way, it was good, but I would rather have seen Miz v Cesaro, the former is doing a better job of getting cesaro over than anyone I have seen. I hope they can extend the feud to summerslam.I'm a bit bored of zayn v owens and hope they move on from there.

The main event was my favourite match, with nothing men equally contributing.

As for negatives the Jericho v Ambrose match was weak but hampered by bad booking, a pg asylum match was destined to fail. Also usual flaws eg not enough selling and I don't need to see Xavier and Cesaro kicking out of finishing moves.

So they've brought Seth back as the same chickenshit heel he was when he got injured. Well done, WWE. 

Seriously it's beyond a joke now the lengths they will go to to get Reigns over. It's pathetic. The pop Seth got on RAW was ridiculous. He is the guy who should be the babyface leader for the company. 

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

So they've brought Seth back as the same chickenshit heel he was when he got injured. Well done, WWE. 

Seriously it's beyond a joke now the lengths they will go to to get Reigns over. It's pathetic. The pop Seth got on RAW was ridiculous. He is the guy who should be the babyface leader for the company. 

While I agree his style suits babyface better, main event heels are what's needed at present. It's a matter of timing, but I'm sure he will turn pretty soon.

12 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

While I agree his style suits babyface better, main event heels are what's needed at present. It's a matter of timing, but I'm sure he will turn pretty soon.

The easiest solution to that would be just turn Reigns heel rather than having this inverted cheering the heel and booing the face situation.

• Upvote 1

Smackdown moving to Tuesdays LIVE every week starting 19th July

Brand split will occur and a draft will take place to split the roster in two prior to this.

No word on titles being shared or split across the brands yet. 

Word is going forward will be seperate PPV's for each brand also, I assume other than Royal Rumble, Mania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Brand split will occur and a draft will take place to split the roster in two prior to this.

Word is going forward will be seperate PPV's for each brand also, I assume other than Royal Rumble, Mania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series.

BOOO!

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Love this. The Ruthless Aggression Era was always my favourite so this news is welcomed. I wonder who will go to which brand? 

I'd imagine for one Reigns will be Raw and Cena Smackdown. However does that mean two world title belts again or Reigns dropping it?

Don't think Cena will be back in the world title picture again.

Two tag belts?

Womens title is such a big deal moving away from the diva's title, surely they wouldn't bring that back again.

Only other thing would be IC on one show and US on another.

I think with RAW having an extra hour they could add an extra title belt to that show, bring back European, Hardcore or Cruiserweight [but that would mean many more cruiserweights on the roster being signed] 

Maybe the all the champs work both brands?

12 hours ago, jump said:

The easiest solution to that would be just turn Reigns heel rather than having this inverted cheering the heel and booing the face situation.

WWE will already be thinking about wrestlemania next year. Its possible that they see Rollins winning the rumble and going into Mania as a babyface. In which case I can see why they would hold back on the face turn. I hope Rollins has used his time off wisely and studied some of the greats in terms of heel psychology, as this was something where he was lacking on in his previous run.

As for Reigns maybe WWE feel that the reaction of the live crowds isn't representative of the audience as a whole, particularly younger children.  Changing the subject slightly, some of the live crowd embarrassed themselves at the ppv with the stupid "you cant wrestle" chant. If you think Reigns cant wrestle I would argue you know very little about wrestling.

9 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I'm currently in early 2004 watching through the PPV, so have seen how the first brand split panned out in the early days.  To me it has advantages and disadvantages, but good to see something different.

pros - less repetition of matchs on tv and ppv, chances for new starts to shine, opportunity to create 2 distinct brands

cons - Mainly what do do with the world title, having 2 champions cheapens the title, but having 1 is difficult to book in a proper split. Also the roster can get spread a little thin. I have just finished no way out 2004 where Holly v Rhyno made the card!

8 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Get the US title back on Cena and turn it into a main event level title for the Smackdown brand.

Would agree, but think the name/look of that title is horrendous. I'd pick the IC over that. 

Apparently, according to Meltzer, each brand will have its own world title. I'm all for this if they are both presented to be as prestigious as one another. 

Personally, I would have: 

RAW (being run by Stephanie) with a World Title, the Intercontinental Title and the Women's Title. 

And Smackdown (being run by Shane) with a World Title, the US Title and the Tag Team Titles. 

Possibly throw in a returning cruiserweight division to one of the shows also.

Surely there will be two tag team divisions

one on each brand

1 Enzo and Cass

2 Dudleys

3 VuadeVillians [SIC]

4 Uso's

5 Anderson and Gallows

6 New Day

7 Wyatts

8 Epico and Primo

9 Golden Truth

10 Social Outcasts

11 Ascension 

12 Lucha Dragons

Then you have scope for Hype Bros, Revival, American Alpha etc all to be called up. I realise that a couple of the above listed like Wyatts aren't really in the tag title scene [they aren't in ANY scene] Social Outcasts too, and Lucha Dragons are only teaming occasionally, but I still cant see the bulk of the above all being on one show.

If they are having two mens titles then surely they'll have to have two womens titles or all that equal rights bollocks they did at mania was worthless.

So two world titles

Two womens titles

two tag titles

IC and US on each brand

Then maybe Raw have an extra title as it has an extra hour to fill. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Apparently, according to Meltzer, each brand will have its own world title. I'm all for this if they are both presented to be as prestigious as one another. 

Personally, I would have: 

RAW (being run by Stephanie) with a World Title, the Intercontinental Title and the Women's Title. 

And Smackdown (being run by Shane) with a World Title, the US Title and the Tag Team Titles. 

Possibly throw in a returning cruiserweight division to one of the shows also.

The trouble is as soon as you add a second world title, there is an automatic downgrade in terms of prestige as the exclusivity is gone and the talevt pool is diluted. I don't see how the titles will ever be of equal prestige. Raw will always be top dog and if wwe perceive the biggest draw is on smackdown, he won't be there long.

I agree there is more than enough talent for 2 tag divisions. It will also be interesting to see the effect on NXT as I would imagine the main stars will be promoted.