WWE

lharris92

4 hours ago, jump said:

Nothing will make a difference to ratings as it's a poor product overall, it doesn't work as sports entertainment as it's filled with crap characters and weak angles and until either it focuses on the wrestling or actually deliver on the sports entertainment it will still be shit..

Well people are still willing to throw money at the company every year at wrestlemania, so they must be doing something right.

I think to just go after the wrestling fans would be a mistake. WWE should never be an independent company with great production values . When it's popularity boosts again it will be from the sports entertainment fans jumping on board.

I agree that the world champion will not boost the company significantly, unless they find a superstar. However I think Reigns gets a very tough ride from elements of the fanbase compared to Rollins who also had significant flaws.

Comparing Reigns to Cena was harsh on the latter. Cena took the mantle of main eventer after a while in the mid card as a singles getting great reactions. Reigns simply hasn't had that.

He IS a good wrestler to be sure. But you need more than that to be the top boy.

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Well people are still willing to throw money at the company every year at wrestlemania, so they must be doing something right.

I think to just go after the wrestling fans would be a mistake. WWE should never be an independent company with great production values . When it's popularity boosts again it will be from the sports entertainment fans jumping on board.

I agree that the world champion will not boost the company significantly, unless they find a superstar. However I think Reigns gets a very tough ride from elements of the fanbase compared to Rollins who also had significant flaws.

Mania is Mania though, when the Raw ratings aren't dropping, the current crop of wrestlers are household names and the other PPVs selling well again than you can say they doing a good job.

I never said they should go after wrestling fans, I'm saying it's failing to be both and either sports entertainment and wrestling.

So yeah, said last page but seems to have been missed, Ryback looks on his way out.

Feed Me More

Today I sit and fly home and for the first time in years feel absolutely free. I will start by saying I did request to be taken off of WWE television until myself and Vince could get a yes or no on a new deal. This has been going on since my IC Title run and had been nothing but a major strain on my life as all I ever wanted to do was work for WWE. I was told to head home until we agree or not agree to specific terms and contrary to reports it isn’t over money or a bus that stuff was settled a while ago. It comes down to a major problem I have with not only WWE but wrestling in general.

Wrestling is pre determined, we as performers know before we go out to that ring or perform a backstage scene who is winning and losing etc or have a general idea of what we are going to say. It blows my mind how in a sport which is pre determined from a company standpoint winners are paid so much more than the losers. Every single person who works for WWE from top to bottom is absolutely just as valuable as the next. The winners cannot win unless the losers go out there and agree to lose to them.

It blows my mind that in this day and age though we still adhere to this formula. Obviously things have always been this way, but does that make them right? Times have changed and our goal as humans should be to evolve and learn from our past and the past of others so we could make this world a better place. Why is it a guy who is told he is going to go out and lose and does everything he is told be paid not only less, but much less than said winner over a period of time. Every single performer for WWE sacrifices the same amount of time from home and their families and every single man or women goes out and does what they are told. Looking at this formula though losers turn into what fans like to call jobbers and their value decreases in the companies eyes and before you know it they get released. For what? For doing exactly as they are told!

Why not pay the talent equally? The winners have more MERCH as it is or are supposed to anyways so they get that extra perk, but why make the guy who is told to and agrees to lose earn less and sacrifice spots in big pay per view match ups etc. This is one of the major problems with wrestling and WWE today. Most guys take great satisfaction in helping making other talent, the bitching and the moaning we always hear about stems from the fact they know they are ultimately over time going to make less and live in fear of being released.

I am proud to say I have never gone to change a finish and have gladly took pride in helping put over other talent. Hell look at my pay per view record of 12-26 and you will see that has been the pattern of my career. I have always been confident in my ability and work ethic to being my best every day and ultimately always felt that by doing good it was the right thing to do. Personally seeing my money go down over the years though even though I was working as much as ever and being denied magazine covers and other projects as well as watching my role diminish no matter what I did or how hard I tried takes its toll on a human. Being told no matter how hard I work or how good I get doesn’t always pay off is something I fucking refuse to ever believe in my life. I am a creative being and to be restricted time and time again is no way to live life. There is nothing I cannot do and I know no matter what comes of this situation I am going to be just fine. It isn’t soley about money, it is about commitment. Commitment to a guy who fucking cares and who loves this more than anything in the world and wants to know that his passion his efforts and his determination to constantly improve is going to be recognized and taken care of.

WWE may very well release me, which if it is the case so be it. If we can work things out a lot needs to change as I am not living in fear and creatively cannot continue to live a life that limits me creatively. I have many other interests and passions and have been very smart with my finances over the years. I thank every WWE superstar from top to bottom for their sacrifices and for working with me. The world is an amazing place and there is more than just a WWE universe there is The Universe and I will prove one way or another over time I am the greatest big guy in the universe!

Here's fun... Fantasy booking Wrestlemania for next year. 

Rules: Reigns has to be in a prominent position, Rock isn't in a match, neither is Austin, but Undertaker is. 

Here's mine:

Reigns v Rollins v Ambrose. Reigns turns heel, Ambrose wins MITB, Rollins wins the Rumble. Writes itself. 
Brock Lesnar V Samoa Joe
John Cena V Shinsuke Nakamura
HHH v Cesaro
Anderson and Gallows (champions) v The New Day. A&G get the belts and dominate everyone. They injure Xavier Woods, who returns and helps them win the title. 
Undertaker v Chris Jericho. Jericho does the "I've done it all but one thing" angle, which presumably they would've done with Cena and again it writes itself.
Bayley vs Sasha Banks.
Kevin Owens v AJ Styles
Big Show v Kane (special referee Mark Henry)

Ladder match: Finn Balor, Sami Zayn, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, etc etc. 

And I would have 

Rollins, Joe, Nakamura, Cesaro, New Day, Undertaker, Bayley, AJ and Balor go over. Then they truly could call it a "New Era"

Edited by Uncle Liam
Added stuff

Also... Interesting releases today. Barrett and Sandow mainly. I guess we knew Barrett was leaving though. 

I imagine Santino will be back making guest appearances once a year, and will probably get a HOF induction at some point. 

Not surprised at any of the others. Still think they should've gone further and dropped some more dead weight but still... 

I also thought Santino had left ages ago, surprised by Sandow, looking at his tweets, seems he didn't see it coming either, how pro WWE he was on only 2 weeks ago, someone asked him why don't you ask for your release and he said he was proud to be part of WWE or something similar. Ouch. 

Whereas if Ryback leaves I believe he should go NJPW, Sandow however being such a character I believe would be a great pick up for TNA, they can let him go on the mic, I always believed WWE should have just let him do the Genius mark 2 persona and get on with it. 

Barrett from his statement, clearly is going to take a while off wrestling, to be honest he could end up anyway, WWE should have made him world champ, been so over in so many different tweeks on his character and I'll miss that music. 

On 5/7/2016 at 9:50 AM, luckysalt said:

Barrett from his statement, clearly is going to take a while off wrestling, to be honest he could end up anyway, WWE should have made him world champ, been so over in so many different tweeks on his character and I'll miss that music. 

I disagree, while I like Barrett I think the level below main event was his level. He was good at a lot of things, but not great at anything. I actually would have liked to have seen a babyface run.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

I disagree, while I like Barrett I think the level below main event was his level. He was good at a lot of things, but not great at anything. I actually would have liked to have seen a babyface run.

Not when there was two world titles in the mix. He could have stepped up then.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Because he never got a chance to shine, a combination of bad booking and plagued injuries.

In other news, Kurt Angle is going to be wrestling at the big ICW show in November, awesome news!

21 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Disagree. I think he could of made a great heel champion. He's built and good on the mic, he would of been great or at the very least been great at allowing a babyface to get over.

I just read a piece with Vince who says in the next month Orton, Rollins, Wyatt and Cena will all return and ''touted 13 new talents added to the roster' and by next month they will have the biggest roster they have ever had.

Steph and Shane working together for now until they fall out....

Brand split is coming guys. For sure.

I think  he was referring to the 13 new talents that was recently introduced into the main roster. Bullet Club, Enzo/Cass, Vlaudevillians, Baron Carbin, Apollo Crews, Emma, Dana Brooke, Samy Zayn.

I don't think they will add another 13 with these!

5 minutes ago, A-Rob said:

I think  he was referring to the 13 new talents that was recently introduced into the main roster. Bullet Club, Enzo/Cass, Vlaudevillians, Baron Carbin, Apollo Crews, Emma, Dana Brooke, Samy Zayn.

I don't think they will add another 13 with these!

Yeah, I was still half asleep.

WWE merch really is cheap crap, I got my baby brothers New Day unicorn headlights (£15 each) which has unprotected soldered wires on the headstrap which has now broken just from them bending with the strap around the head and the shirts (£25 each) are screen printed logos that start peeling after the 3rd wash.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to see that Cody is on his way out. I think he is the most underused guy on the roster in terms of his talent. He I'd probably a victim of them looking to the next generation, rather than pushing from within like they did with benoit, eddy, jbl etc in 2004. He isn't being used, so I hope he finds somewhere that uses him better and maybe returns one day.

Some people have mentioned that he's looking to get into acting. I found out the other day he was one of the first early supporters of DDP Yoga. He was doing it before he got into wrestling. I know Page is really looking to expand  and build his Yoga empire  so maybe he's going to work for Page as well? 

I think it's the right thing for him to go. As I was saying the other week there needs to be some form of roster turnover, more than there is now. He comes across as a really nice, chilled guy so I hope he does well for himself.