WWE

lharris92

On 2/19/2016 at 8:40 PM, pink_triangle said:

When Samoa Joe first came to WWE, I didn't understand the hype at all. However since his heel turn I have been blown away. He has a great understanding of heel philosophy and in my view stays looking kick ass without moving into cool heel territory. He may be the best male heel on wwe tv at present and I would call him up straight away.

Should have seen some of his stuff in TNA. His fued with Angle was awesome. Shame they [Hogan and Bischoff] ruined him with keep trying to make him more interesting... he was a bad ass, that was enough.

Fastlane was a bit of a mixed PPV for me.  I thought the first half was pretty solid if unspectacular.  I thought Owens heel work was the best I have seen from him.  I recently heard JBL on the network talk about how some wrestlers are more interested in popping the internet or getting a "this is awesome chant" than getting heat and I have previously felt Owens is guilty of this, but he was much better yesterday. AJ Styles V Jericho was also a fun match, although it is a bit of a stretch when the commentators call AJ young when he doesn't look young in the slightest!

To me the PPV really ran out of steam towards the end.  I found the Edge & Christian, New Day, League of Nations segment stupid and didn't feel like anyone got over because of it.  Axel V R Truth was a random match for a PPV as it would struggle to get on most episodes of raw.  The main event was decent, but by then I had lost a bit of interest.

Wrestlemania tickets 200 quid

Flights from Doha 900 quid

Hotel accomodation for the week 1000 quid

Tickets to all the other stuff in Wrestlemania week 500 quid

Travelling literally half way around the world to see Shane o Mac in the semi main event of Wrestlemania. 

Some things are priceless, for everything else...

I do like Shane but I'd rather have 'taker be facing some else. I also reckon Shane fighting the authority will only screw Reigns in the long run, Reigns fighting The Authority was the only thing that was working for him, then again WWE's only other idea was to have Ambrose rub off on him to get over.

So the news circulating around that Taker was facing a person not from the active roster, was true after all.

So the main events basically have been set for Wrestlemania. I can't say I'm overly excited, however I believe they will deliver

While Brock vs Ambrose have the potential to be a good brawl,I would rather had Brock Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho

Taker vs Shane I'm a bit sceptical, Shane had  some memorable matches and did some crazy bumps back in the day. However he haven't had a match in over decade, therefore I think he's far away from his A game.

At least this was out of the box thinking and booking, probably it will include a couple of huge bumps as well, that will make the crowd go holy $hit. However Shane going over however will surely taint Undertaker reputation at Mania

Edited by A-Rob

Shane might not be at his A game but is Taker? Nope. 

Shane was actually really underated back in the day he had excellent matches with Test, Big Show, Angle, Kane. Those are what just spring to mind.

Ambrose v Lesnar should be a good match, when I saw Fastlane, I thought fuck me what an AWFUL show, then HHH v Reigns, I thought Mania is doomed, but Shane v Taker is something Id love to see and Lesnar v Ambrose also. Wonder if they can build a undercard of some great technical matches too and looks like New Day will be v League of Nations in a 3 on 3 for tag titles id imagine.

1 hour ago, A-Rob said:

While Brock vs Ambrose have the potential to be a good brawl,I would rather had Brock Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho

Jericho v Ambrose would have been one of those good matches, that everyone forgets a few months later.

Ambrose has been the main beneficiary from the injuries. He may have main evented ppvs before, but Brock at mania is comfortably the biggest match of his career.

10 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Shane might not be at his A game but is Taker? Nope. 

Shane was actually really underated back in the day he had excellent matches with Test, Big Show, Angle, Kane. Those are what just spring to mind.

I would mark out of the posse return! I am working my way through all wwe ppvs (currently 2002) and the quality of shanes matches show technical ability is not the be all and end all that some make out.He is a great addition to the card .

Shane busted his ass and gave it his all when he was out there. I'm interested to see where this goes, the minute VInce said he has a match for him, I just knew it was Taker after the recent reports about his potential opponent. Would be cool to see Taker bring back the American bad ass gimmick, even if he changed it up a bit.

I just don't see how the deadman gimmick would suddenly just want to fight for Vince. I we will have more idea where this is going as we get closer to mania. I think Shane wins though with some help, perfect way for the Bullet/Balor club to debut. Who knows? Maybe Shane gets Cena to take his place if he gets cleared.

9 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

I just don't see how the deadman gimmick would suddenly just want to fight for Vince. I we will have more idea where this is going as we get closer to mania. 

I agree, the storyline makes very little sense from the undertaker perspective. It's hard to see what his characters motivation for the match is. Wil be interesting to see how it plays out.

23 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Looks like Shane is going over at Mania then as the next nights Raw is being advertised by ticketmaster as Raw vs WWE.

Looks like the brand split is back again already. Im not a fan of that I have to say.

They are struggling to create heels for one brand, never mind two.  I still wonder if the Shane v Taker match will change, unless turning heel why would the undertaker character agree to it? I guess things will be clearer next week.

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Looks like Shane is going over at Mania then as the next nights Raw is being advertised by ticketmaster as Raw vs WWE.

Looks like the brand split is back again already. Im not a fan of that I have to say.

Going by the words they were using, I thought the stipulation was that he had to have the match in order to get what he wants, not that he had to win it. Although maybe that was changed or clarified later in the show, I only actually saw the first segment because it sounded interesting, and it's the only bit of RAW I've seen in a few years.

It's an easier story to sell though - "Shane needs to come out of this alive" is credible, "Shane needs to beat the Undertaker" everyone knows is only happening if there's some heavy duty bullshit going down.

2 hours ago, incident said:

Going by the words they were using, I thought the stipulation was that he had to have the match in order to get what he wants, not that he had to win it. Although maybe that was changed or clarified later in the show, I only actually saw the first segment because it sounded interesting, and it's the only bit of RAW I've seen in a few years.

It's an easier story to sell though - "Shane needs to come out of this alive" is credible, "Shane needs to beat the Undertaker" everyone knows is only happening if there's some heavy duty bullshit going down.

He has to win the match, Vince botched the segment and didn't explain it clearly.

Taker is on RAW next week.

I just don't think it makes sense. As many have said, there could be interference which allows Shane to win but I just don't get it in the long run.

When people look back in 20 years at the moment Taker will be 22-1 - with the 1 being Brock Lesnar, fair enough. But to look back and see 22-2 and have Brock be one then Shane McMahon the 2nd? Nah. Not having it.

Surely someone is gonna step in for Shane? The Rock said he's at WM but I don't think he has been booked for any matches yet? Could it be him?

If Shane beats Undertaker at Mania then some of the creative team are definitely sniffing glue.

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I just don't think it makes sense. As many have said, there could be interference which allows Shane to win but I just don't get it in the long run.

When people look back in 20 years at the moment Taker will be 22-1 - with the 1 being Brock Lesnar, fair enough. But to look back and see 22-2 and have Brock be one then Shane McMahon the 2nd? Nah. Not having it.

Surely someone is gonna step in for Shane? The Rock said he's at WM but I don't think he has been booked for any matches yet? Could it be him?

If Shane beats Undertaker at Mania then some of the creative team are definitely sniffing glue.

There are still another 5 weeks of RAW before Mania, I don't see the problem if Taker doesn't lose clean.

I think The Rock will somehow be involved in the HHH/Reigns match.