WWE

lharris92

I thought it was a really great PPV overall. Ambrose vs. Owens was excellent, and the Rumble match itself was the best its been in years. 

Sasha comig out was AWESOME. I can't remember the last time I heard a diva get a pop anywhere near as loud as the one she got. 

I'm so glad AJ got the reception he did, it was so cool and he got a great showing. Zayn and Owens was an awesome moment too, I'm hoping that their feud kicks off again and we get a great WM match from them. Reigns was getting booed A LOT. STILL. Triple H was predictable, but he's my second favourite wrestler of all time so I didn't mind too much. On a side note, I was a little disappointed with Brock's appearance, I wanted to see someone get suplexed over the top rope :P 

As for Mania matches, I think we will get: 

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns 
Brock Lesnar vs. Bray Wyatt 
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks 
Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho 
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn 

Edited by Andre91

The Rock is meant to be returning tonight, think he will work v HHH at Mania, working off their angle at last years Mania.

Think it will either be for the title or Rock will cost HHH the title. 

EDIT 

BTW Rumble was fantastic, apart from the Reigns booking and I don't see the point in HHH getting the title, he should have put Ambrose over, Ambrose had a fantastic night and he could have stepped up to the title last night.

Edited by luckysalt

It was a very enjoyable PPV. 

Owens v Ambrose - Fun opener with the right winner, still unsure why I'm meant to hate owens as the heel.

ADR v Kalisto - Solid if unmemorablr match.

New Day V Usos - Didn't feel they had much chemistry. I don't get new day, for all the focus on being "entertaining" they weren't lived as babyface sand aren't hated as heels. They do funny things and their finisher was cool, why should I hate them?

Charlotte v Becky - Best single match on the card. Charlotte may be the best heel on the roster, because she is one of the few who is actually trying to be a heel. Simple match, but ticked the right boxes and with Sasha is building elsewhere.

Rumble match - Fantastically booked and most people had a purpose. Helped to get a few people over. I wasn't over excited about a hhh win, but it made sense from a storyline perspective.

6 hours ago, luckysalt said:

BTW Rumble was fantastic, apart from the Reigns booking and I don't see the point in HHH getting the title, he should have put Ambrose over, Ambrose had a fantastic night and he could have stepped up to the title last night.

I think the point is they want the title on a hot heal come wrestlemania and hhh is sadly still one of the best they have. It also solves that awkward problem of what to do with the champion at fast lane if they are on the regular roster.

Give the title to Ambrose and you get the pop, but I'm not sure where it leads.

8 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think the point is they want the title on a hot heal come wrestlemania and hhh is sadly still one of the best they have. It also solves that awkward problem of what to do with the champion at fast lane if they are on the regular roster.

Give the title to Ambrose and you get the pop, but I'm not sure where it leads.

I could see Ambrose being a great champ, when he was in the tourney for the new champ he was promising to turn WWE into his own personal asylum if he became champ and tbh I'd like to see it. Just have him be crazy and do the unexpected every week with an angle of heels/authority work against because they want the status quo to be maintained and wanting him to be a tradition champion.

The biggest problem with the WWE in recent years (besides not building new talent) it has became the same old-same old and playing to Ambrose's lunatic angle could help break up the formula.

7 hours ago, jump said:

I could see Ambrose being a great champ, when he was in the tourney for the new champ he was promising to turn WWE into his own personal asylum if he became champ and tbh I'd like to see it. Just have him be crazy and do the unexpected every week with an angle of heels/authority work against because they want the status quo to be maintained and wanting him to be a tradition champion.

The biggest problem with the WWE in recent years (besides not building new talent) it has became the same old-same old and playing to Ambrose's lunatic angle could help break up the formula.

I agree he has the potential to get there, but now is too early in my view.  Apart from winning this feud against Owens he has spent a lot of the last year losing feuds to other people.  I think he will get there, but needs some wins against some bigger names before he will be considered a credible contender.  The rumoured Jericho feud would seem a good starting point.

A couple of other thoughts I had about the rumble. I thought the R-Truth spot was really dumb, but dumb stupid and not dumb funny.  I also found the constant network ads annoying, but maybe that's what you have to accept if you are getting it on the cheap via the network.  I loved in NXT when they had comments from everyone involved in the real female battle royal before the match. I hoped they would do something similar in the rumble, they used to in years past and I think it helped get over the contestants.  I also thought it would be a bit clearer what plans they have for undertaker at mania, but I'm still non the wiser.

I think if anything its getting too late with Ambrose. He's been on the roster for nearly 3 and a half years. 

Reigns and Rollins have been in the main event picture for over a year, when Ambrose faced Rollins for the title it was an amazing match. He isn't going to get any better IMO and he's already over. He was always the MOST over of the three, don't forget he was US champ not long after coming to main roster, he's held that for a while, now done the IC title, with them having NXT and pushing through new talent quite regular now and Orton and Cena moving away from the main event, Ambrose is ready to move to main event, AJ is here now, Owens isn't far away, you wait too long and he will miss his opportunity, before you know it Rollins will be back, im sure many felt he wasn't ready but boy was he.

7 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I think if anything its getting too late with Ambrose. He's been on the roster for nearly 3 and a half years. 

Reigns and Rollins have been in the main event picture for over a year, when Ambrose faced Rollins for the title it was an amazing match. He isn't going to get any better IMO and he's already over. He was always the MOST over of the three, don't forget he was US champ not long after coming to main roster, he's held that for a while, now done the IC title, with them having NXT and pushing through new talent quite regular now and Orton and Cena moving away from the main event, Ambrose is ready to move to main event, AJ is here now, Owens isn't far away, you wait too long and he will miss his opportunity, before you know it Rollins will be back, im sure many felt he wasn't ready but boy was he.

I don't see why people are in so much of a rush these days. The likes of Austin, Hart, Hbk, HHH, mysterio, Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, Edge etc waited years before becoming world champion..

As for Ambrose being the most over of the 3, I think it's debatable. I don't think those who shout the loudest at wwe events always represent the whole fanbase. Who sells the most merchandise, who pulls the most people to promotional events. I haven't got a clue, but it's definitely a factor.

As for whether Rollins was ready, I think there's arguments both ways. In terms of in ring ability then yes, but he is also one of the worst drawing champions in wwe history. Note I don't pin all the blame on him, it's a talent/creative collaberation, but many are happy to blame diesel for the same thing, while giving Rollins a free ride. I think if he had an additional year learning a bit more heel psychology and building up some big wins his reign would have been better.

On 1/27/2016 at 7:22 AM, pink_triangle said:

I don't see why people are in so much of a rush these days. The likes of Austin, Hart, Hbk, HHH, mysterio, Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, Edge etc waited years before becoming world champion..

As for Ambrose being the most over of the 3, I think it's debatable. I don't think those who shout the loudest at wwe events always represent the whole fanbase. Who sells the most merchandise, who pulls the most people to promotional events. I haven't got a clue, but it's definitely a factor.

As for whether Rollins was ready, I think there's arguments both ways. In terms of in ring ability then yes, but he is also one of the worst drawing champions in wwe history. Note I don't pin all the blame on him, it's a talent/creative collaberation, but many are happy to blame diesel for the same thing, while giving Rollins a free ride. I think if he had an additional year learning a bit more heel psychology and building up some big wins his reign would have been better.

The guys you listed.

Austin debuted in WWE in 95, was champ in 98. less time.

Bret Hart went singles in 90, was champ in 92, less time.

HBK went singles in 92 was champ in 96 just over.

HHH debuted in 95 was champ in 99, just over but had his big de-push due to the cliq, would probably have got it sooner

Mysterio was never classed as world champ really. Yeah he won it but was never a main eventer

Jericho debuted in WWE in 99 was champ in 2001, less time

Benoit debuted in WWE in 2000 was champ in 2004, more time, 

Eddie same as benoit

Edge was a long time I agree, a hell of a long time.

Now onto some others, Kurt Angle was around a year. Big Show was 2 years and in WCW won it his first night, Bastista was less time, Orton was, Goldberg was, Cena was, the list goes on.

I know it seems like it was a long time for most of these guys, but when you look back it really wasn't. Edge is the mad one, debuted in 99 and didn't get the push until 2007! I have to say though, I never liked Edge until the Matt Hardy-Lita love triangle and he went heel and it gave him an 'edge' I reckon a lot of fans and vince, felt the same, he was very vanilla.