WWE

lharris92

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

What an awful show. Just awful. 

The Wyatts were made to look like complete buffoons. 

As for Sheamus cashing in, do they really think that they can recreate the Daniel Bryan vs. The Authority angle with Reigns in DB's place? Come off it. 

Owens v Ambrose was alright. 

Rest was pants

23 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Owens v Ambrose was alright. 

Rest was pants

I thought most of the matches were ok, but nothing different to what you would expect on an average Monday night raw. I personally hate the money in the bank concept, I think it really cheapens the title and encourages lazy booking.  It would be one of the first things I would get rid of if they made the mad decision to put me in charge.

23 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Oh and Cesaro needs surgery and is out for 6 months. Great.

From the WWE perspective Im not sure that injury makes a great difference, they are pretty stacked with people at that level, its the main eventers where they are struggling.  However from his perspective its a missed opportunity with so many of the main eventers away.  Maybe the time away will refresh his character, but his return may also get overshadowed by Rollins coming back at a similar time.

have had another think about Sheamus and am starting to think that he is a decent choice as champion, although its a pity he wasn't built better.  One of my main problems with Rollins was I felt there was always an element of him trying to be a cool heel.  I never felt he was helping to get the babyfaces over which to me is still the main job of a wrestling heel.

When I look at Sheamus I see someone who could potentially go all out as a heel and doesn't have that "internet cool" factor which stops a lot of todays heels from being hated.

12 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

have had another think about Sheamus and am starting to think that he is a decent choice as champion, although its a pity he wasn't built better.  One of my main problems with Rollins was I felt there was always an element of him trying to be a cool heel.  I never felt he was helping to get the babyfaces over which to me is still the main job of a wrestling heel.

When I look at Sheamus I see someone who could potentially go all out as a heel and doesn't have that "internet cool" factor which stops a lot of todays heels from being hated.

Hes the only heel they could've used for this. There are no proper heels! Apart from Paige.

On 23/11/2015, 05:19:43, When Jokers Attack said:

Let's book someone like shit for weeks and then let them win the big one, absolute joke.

Thats sort of the point. Hes been losing clean for ages so you don't see it coming. Rollins lost clean to Orton at WM remember.

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Hes the only heel they could've used for this. There are no proper heels! Apart from Paige.

What about Kevin Owens? He's great at being hated but having the Intercontinental belt, being fat and has been in the WWE proper roster for less than a year has probably hindered him for the main title.

53 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I'm sure Owens wil be a main event guy shortly but hes very likeable! Seems to be one of the only top guys who isn't reading from a script someone gave him. Sheamus is easy to hate in a cartoon sense. The kids can boo him.

I agree Owens is a pretty cool character, with cool KO tops and comes across as a normal guy.  I also think these people who build up that "indie cool" fanbase struggle to get over as heels.

When it comes to the current roster Sheamus, Rusev and Barrett are probably as good heels as they have, which is why I like the combination.  I actually would be keen to see Barrett get a babyface run, so this group could be the springboard for that.

I would personally bring up Corbin from NXT.  I watched a couple of episodes of breaking ground today.  He comes across as a dick on that program just as much he does on NXT. Whether he is just a natural heel or protecting his character, they are both good characteristics for a heel.  How good he is in the ring doesn't bother me, just stick him with the right guys to protect him.

Kevin Owens is simply a natural on the mic, and has boatloads of character.

The problem with Baron Corbin is that he's just so dull. Being an absolute cock by accident seems to have made WWE think "make him a heel", while ignoring that he's still incredibly dull. Don't call him up, sack him, and let's never speak of him again.

I just saw that TNA put up the brackets for the last 16 in the tournament. First time they've done this so I went back to see if the spoilers fit.

They do. They taped this all the way back in July! Its now December. Fuck me talk about in advance, its shocking this is the state of TNA. taping TV SIX months in advance, these tapings go through to January.

If anyone cares I can tell you the final four, but they haven't taped past that so the semi's will be on the Jan live show.

If you didn't realise also, that will mean they haven't had a World Champion for over 3 months whilst this has gone.

They should be disgusted with themselves for how they've turned the company from being an exciting wrestling promotion in 2006 to a shitty TV show in 2015. Man how to go back to that Angle and Joe faceoff now huh?

Anyway. SPOILERS. The final 4 are EC3 v Lashley and EY v Hardy. Probably leading to a EC3 v Hardy final where EC3 will win making this a whole fucking waste of time. Which it was anyway.

I actually think it's clever how they managed to plan it all out, they don't have a TV deal so what else were they supposed to do. I'd rather something fresh than a recap of classic TNA matches like they done at the end of the spike deal.

TNA From July 2014 up until the GFW invasion angle started was outstanding television and the best the company had been in years. Main focus was in ring wrestling and loafs of killer matches. Wolves/Hardys/Dudleys series was brilliant. Same with Wolves vs Dirty Heels, Angle vs Lashley and Roode vs EY was really good stuff. EC3 vs Spud was one of best TV matches of 2015. 

I haven't watched any of the world title series as it's just matches thrown together but I admire them for trying and will be watching every week when they are back with new TV deal.

ROH is by far the best US company right now. You can watch it for free on their website. Lethal vs Rod Strong was a fantastic end to the feud and for a TV match you  can't get much better. Roderick has been killing it this year.  I can't  wait for Lethal vs AJ Styles (just got to hope he recovers from injury) at the ppv.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

PWG are the best in the US for me, followed by EVOLVE.

I was meaning weekly TV but to be fair i haven't seen much PWG yet apart from BOLA. I did order 10 DVDs off their site last week though, 5 for $40 deal so had to take advance of that. Got all the compilations that are on the deal and some recommended shows I read about online, should keep me going for a while.