WWE

lharris92

Goldberg done an interview saying WWE haven't got in touch with him and its theIr loss and TNA have contacted him a couple days ago about coming in to work with Bram as they have done a film together and it would promote the film and he's considering it. Says he wants to promote the film, but actually wrestling thats something else altogether [IE HUGE PAYDAY]

Edited by luckysalt
SIC

15 hours ago, CHRLY said:

So, I've decided I'm finally gunna go to Raw in April. Anyone got an idea of how much good lower tier seats will be?

Cheapest tixs are £20-35 with the crap view and high up is around £45 and the lower teirs are £40-70, if you go ticketmaster you can see the price ranges. I'm planning on grabbing tixs to take my baby brothers to see them as it's around their birthdays in April.

So, TNA announced its moving channels in the US.

Going from

Discovery owned Destination America which was available in 57m homes to

CBS owned POP which is available in 85m homes. 

Yet the fanboys on wrestling websites are saying TNA is dead, ROH is in a better position [despite ROH moving to a worse network and moving to a midnight timeslot whereas TNA is remaining primetime at 9pm] 

Im not putting a positive spin on things but jesus christ people are so quick to slag off TNA and wish for its demise, the end of TNA would be sad, I wished WCW never went under! Why as a wrestling fan would you want promotions to go under, its the same as football fans wishing for teams to go into administration. People full of hatred, not needed.  

What I will say IS, TNA have the opportunity here, to ACTUALLY rebrand, this year has been the absolute WORSE year of TNA ever. They need to get back to where they were in 2006 to prior Hogan era, they produced such a entertaining fun wrestling programme back then, I hate to say it but they should get Russo back if they can. At least the guy understood the wrestlers needed characters and the product had to have a direction, TNA should be this year called TNV Total Nonstop Vanilla, cus its bland as fuck, every wrestler is, every fued is, everything. Apart from EY. EY is still golden. 

TNA doesn't need to do much, freshen up the roster a bit, add a couple of tag teams and x division wrestlers, change the KOTM title back to the TV Title, establish each persons role on the roster, main event, mid card, x and tag and make the titles mean something. and defend the TV and X every week, the World Title every month at least and the Tag Titles every other week or whatever and most of all clearly establish peoples characters. I think the knockouts could be used MUCH better also. Put some of them with the guys on the roster. Jesse needs a female valet, give him a Flair robe and push that heel character, like they did with the Roode character post Team Canada, Let EY be the crazied loner, let Robbie E be the party animal, define Spuds character cus he's kind of lost what he is doing, have Mandrews be the pop punk kid, maybe give him a hot geeky chick, Tigre Uno, mysterious gimmick, Manik let him be TJ Perkins, Roode needs to get a huge push and push him as top babyface, he can be TNA's Orton [in a good way], Abyss, whack him in a tag team with someone on indies whos a big guy push them as a monster team, Wolves need teams to fued with bad, bring in Hunters Bros from UK, EC3, just let him keeping growing this character, Lashley is fine as he was but has gotten lost again, Galloway, I just don't buy him as a face, heel him. 

Probably missed some guys but was just off top of my head

While I wouldn't jump for joy if TNA were to go under, I wouldn't really care if they did either. Unless they change their name, get rid of those in charge and basically change everything from the top down, except for some of the roster, I'd never give them a chance again. I've given them too many chances and seen them f**k up every one within months. They don't need Russo back. If they did, then their situation is more dire than you're making out. Nobody needs Vince Russo. The guy is a cancer.

If TNA are actually in a position to get rid of everyone from the top down, and I highly doubt that they are, then they'd have a chance to get better, but their problems have been so deep rooted for the best part of 10 years, and that isn't easy to overcome. Their brand IS failing, and are being outdrawn by so many indies on both sides of the Atlantic, and possibly elsewhere that I don't keep an eye on.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I admit I am a little old school in some of my views, but I really hate hearing Luke Harper on the Jericho podcast acting all matey and talking about attending football matches.  While everyone knows the business is scripted, to me it takes away from the mystique of the Wyatt family which has already diminished over time

Indeed. On the flipside, Hogan, being old school, was on Jerichos podcast and said he didnt know Austin and The Rock were going to come out at WM30. Even though WWE had released footage of the three of them back stage just before!

Somewhere in between would be nice I suppose.

Also, would've preferred American Badass Taker for this run. The Rest in Peace shtick was old in 1996.

8 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I admit I am a little old school in some of my views, but I really hate hearing Luke Harper on the Jericho podcast acting all matey and talking about attending football matches.  While everyone knows the business is scripted, to me it takes away from the mystique of the Wyatt family which has already diminished over time

Isn't that kind of a problem if you listen to wrestler's podcast though?

18 minutes ago, jump said:

Isn't that kind of a problem if you listen to wrestler's podcast though?

I think they should be more selective about who they let on.  I think it hurts there characters more than it annoys me.  I think social media/podcasts is great promotion for some people, however certain characters like undertaker, kane, wyatts are better off maintaining a lower profile.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of approach Undertaker takes when he finally retires. The money on offer for shoot interviews, podcasts, autobiographies etc will be ridiculous, and his story has to be one of the most fascinting ever, even more so because we've never really heard his side on a lot of things.

But then he seems to be the last truly 'old school' guy left.

1 hour ago, Uncle Liam said:

It'll be interesting to see what kind of approach Undertaker takes when he finally retires. The money on offer for shoot interviews, podcasts, autobiographies etc will be ridiculous, and his story has to be one of the most fascinting ever, even more so because we've never really heard his side on a lot of things.

I would love it if he did his hall of fame speech and then rode in to the sunset.  The undertaker is the best gimmick  in wrestling history, but that doesn't mean I want to hear from Mark Calloway.

On 11/21/2015, 6:01:53, Uncle Liam said:

This is true been in the dressing room since 90, but in the last how long how much? You could argue Kane would have more to tell, hes been there since 95 [as Issac, then fake Diesel] and as a constant, pretty much 20 years of a full schedule. When you think about it thats more impressive than Undertaker.

I do know what you mean though, Taker was Vinces boy in the locker room, the times in the 90's with Bret and Shawn he made sure they did business right. I remember him gunna beat the fuck out of Vince when he did the Bret Screw job, but also Shawn said he wasn't dropping the title to Austin in 98 and Taker told him if he didn't he would make him pay. These things have come out of others mouths though [the shawn story was from shawn himself, so it was true]. Its weird no one has ever came out and spoken bad about Taker, or Kane for that matter. 

I hope Taker does a sit down with JBL or Austin, on the network, did you see Lesnars, he wasn't holding anything back but was still trying to be respectful and wouldn't disclose certain things like who told him to the SSP at Mania 19 [word is it was Big Johnny]

Need to watch the JBL legends with Austin, HHH and Shawn actually. Im gunna do that now

Ambrose is such a talent but they've left him floundering for so long that if he did win it tonight, im not sure if it would go over so well, it could be more damaging in the long run, unless, he wins it clean, then Reigns sells out tomorrow on Raw to HHH and turns heel and wins the title. 

There is still of course too the fact that Sheamus is lurking with the MITB briefcase.

4 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Ambrose is such a talent but they've left him floundering for so long that if he did win it tonight, im not sure if it would go over so well, it could be more damaging in the long run, unless, he wins it clean, then Reigns sells out tomorrow on Raw to HHH and turns heel and wins the title. 

To me it diminishes the title if you have someone like Ambrose who has pretty much lost every feud he has been in taking the world title.  It does him no good and does the company no good.  When the rock won the survivor series tournament he had been groomed for the win, Ambrose is a bit of an afterthough given an opportunity because of an injury crisis.