WWE

lharris92

The only thing that concerns me with their match is Brock getting his hands on a chair. He swings like his life depends on it. Those shots CM Punk took at Summerslam, and also The Big Show at the Royal Rumble, looked and sounded horrendous.

Edited by Andre91

Their previous Hell in A Cell match was FANTASTIC, it's THE best HIAC without a big spot. Hands down.

I think they could recreate that again, bet A LOT of people have never seen that match because it was on a lesser PPV. Build up to that match was great, they really had a fantastic fued back then. This fued however has been piss poor. But I still think they'll put on a great match.

the only match that should have something along the lines of a casket match should be:

HHH vs Daniel Bryan, in a buried alive match.

for the giggles, plus in one of HHH's promos he did say he would bury Bryan, so it could work :P

I wouldn't even be mad if HHH won, then won the title just to piss people off. would work a treat.

Is it just me, or have they gotten the build for Brock vs Taker all backwards? So far, Taker has pretty much got the better of Brock in every single encounter... stabbing him with the contract pen, chockslamming Heyman, scaring Brock with his spookyness (making him scream like a little girl). Does anyone actually believe Brock stands a chance a breaking the streak? They should have bit the bullet, and gotten Brock over like a real monster, have him outsmart/get the better of Taker in the lead up, and then just have Taker overwin at Mania. Perhaps they're just writing it off this year (as it's not the main event), and will do something like that next year (with Bryan?!)

Oh, and as mentioned previously... if anyone thinks that Mania is ending any other way than a 5 min long shot of the entire stadium on their feet chanting YES~!, with Bryan on the turnbuckle holding the titles... then you're out of your god dam mind :-)

Not even WWE are stupid enough not to have that happen. Surely?

(Prediction: the Bryan vs HHH will be a near 5* match, while the triple threat being a solid 3 with the atmosphere taking it to a 4 star)

Edited by Halcyon

In a way, I'd like to see Brock just go out there at Mania, go totally off script, give Taker one on the chin, and cover a KO'd Undertaker to break the streak. Vince would absolutely shit his pants. It would be insane, in a bad way. But, just imagine.

Anyway, Brock has a 0% chance of winning this match. I still think it will be a great one though. Then we can have Sting next year ;)

ICW hit the ABC last night. Sold out so it was about 1,100 to 1,200 folk in there. Not that sure on the exact details of that.

Billy Kirkwood did his spiel to open as he always does, but he came out with one of his best jokes yet by calling his cock "HBK" and then saying "Aye, I named my cock after Shawn Michaels because it doesn't work anymore and has a squinty eye." :lol: Anyways, there was wrestling on this show.

Joe Coffey df. Brian Kendrick via pinfall

Kendrick wasn't as kick happy as he usually is and so I wasn't minding him too much in this match. Big win for Joe Coffey over a well travelled name which you can't really complain about, and as an opener it did everything you could ask. Kept the crowd happy and delivered some solid if not amazing action.

Lionheart returns

I can't remember the exact places where segments were, but Lionheart in his fragile state came out to address the audience... which brought out Jackie Polo, mocking him with crutches and a neck brace, before then mocking Lionheart's previous retirement by retiring himself. It did a great job of turning people who were cheering him back to booing him. He's terrific at what he does.

Mark Coffey doesn't have a match...

...not at this point anyways. He was supposed to be defending his Zero G title. He makes his way to the ring and says that Solar isn't there tonight, and nobody on the ICW roster can touch him. The lights go out and.... PRINCE F**KING DEVITT IS PERCHED ON THE TOP ROPE !!!

Fergal Devitt df. Mark Coffey to become the new ICW Zero G Champion.

And all of a sudden that belt is on a new level. One of the genuine best in the world now holding what has been the secondary title in ICW to date. The match was a crazy paced affair as well. As soon as Devitt came off that top rope it was full steam ahead with both guys looking great.

Mark Dallas has an announcement...

Basically, ICW will be running every Sunday in August at Studio 24 in Edinburgh for the Fringe and every show will feature Colt Cabana.

Paul London df. Kid Fite via pinfall.

Paul London had the best entrance of the evening, basically going through the entire crowd to some absolutely brilliant theme music which didn't take long to hook the crowd and singalong. It was a match which looked to deliver nearly everything that the fans wanted in one go. Terrific comedy, including London busting out a Stage Dive Teabag. Which is exactly as disgusting and hilarious as it sounds. Some great wrestling between the two as well, ruined by Liam Thomson attacking Kid Fite and giving London the win. Really good match.

The Sumerian Death Squad df. The NAK and The Bucky Boys in a Ladder Match to become the new ICW Tag Team Champions.

I expected a lot more hate in this match given the heated rivalries involved in it. What it lacked in sheer hatred though, it made up for in sheer batshit mentalness. Seven guys putting everything on the line for our entertainment, and one absolutely horrifying bump when BT Gunn gets slammed from a massive staging area onto everyone involved. This wasn't one of them stupid "FIFTEEN FEET IN THE AIR!!!" things when it's about six. This was genuinely at least 12 feet, with an added six that Wolfgang added on with the Gorilla Press.

Grado df. Mikey Whiplash via submission.

Not only that, but Grado actually had Michelle McManus singing Like a Prayer for him, which was an interesting little addition. The match was a damned good outing. Whiplash and Grado seem to just click so well, and having these matches with Whiplash has made people realise that Grado is no one trick pony. He played it dead serious last night and got it spot on. Whiplash walking away after shaking the hand was a good thing as well, as we seen him finally respect that Grado might actually be quite good.

Joe Hendry and Damien O'Connor do... something.

They did have a match, but there was so much clusterf**kery that I just couldn't get a handle on it. Joe Hendry is an impressive man though. Mic skills and carries himself brilliantly. Timm Wylie turned up and joined "The Kennedy Administration" which admittedly gave me a chuckle.

Jack Jester df. Chris Renfrew, Wolfgang and Sabu to retain the ICW Championship

A fittingly mental end to the show, although I'd argue just a touch too mental for my tastes. Just too much going on and hard to keep a handle on things at times. Everything in the ring was fine. Plenty of good action going on in there to keep folk happy as well too.

OVERALL

This was a show dominated by loads of big moments from start to finish. Devitt winning the Zero G title is probably underrated in it's significance, Michelle McManus, Paul London in general, a starmaking night for both Joe Hendry and Jackie Polo, the ladder match. So much greatness in there.

The Loser Leaves Town match looks like playing on those rumours rather than confirming anything one way or the other.

He seemed to hint at ICW last night to not looking to go anywhere. He's one of those guys who WWE wants more than he wants them. So it's up in the air really.