Films

Rufus Gwertigan

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

haha. Exactly my thoughts. Particularly the end.

Yeah, helluva ending. Good stuff though, and that's the director's debut as well. Had a bit of Ben Wheatley's Kill List about it, which is another I really liked.

I think I'll watch Finding Dory tonight, for a bit of a change of pace.

On 19/03/2017 at 10:50 PM, mjsell said:

Just got back from watching Get Out, thought it was great, definitely worth a watch. It's rare for me to go to the cinema these days but glad I did for this one. 

Im just home from watching that too. Great concept, interestingly done and some great performances. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/03/2017 at 9:45 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

ok, especially tailor made for you, here is all you need to know;

Beauty & The Beast 1991 = Pinkerton
Beauty & The Beast 2017 = Raditude

Try the 1946 version, Jean Cocteau.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna go to the pictures to see Covenant after the weekend, cos I'm stuck at work, so avoiding reading reviews.  Prometheus was such a disappointment at the time but I've rewatched it since and got more from it.  I thought David was brilliant, so if his reprise in this film is anywhere near as striking it will be almost worth it for that alone.

22 hours ago, fred quimby said:

also saw the lego movie last night. Wish I had dropped some acid before hand

Having a spacecake before seeing this was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Don't think I've ever enjoyed a film quite as much. Gutted I didn't go see the Lego Batman movie whilst it was in cinemas.

7 hours ago, nightcrawler13 said:

Neon Demon

:huh::mellow::wub::D:mellow::blink:

Thoughts? I think I liked it, despite some periods where I wasn't sure what was going on. Cracking ending though. Looked gorgeous and had a great soundtrack as well, from what I remember.

I've got Son of Saul to watch at some point. Not easy viewing, from what I've heard.

7 hours ago, big__phil said:

I've got Son of Saul to watch at some point. Not easy viewing, from what I've heard.

7 hours ago, big__phil said:

Oh, and I watched Victoria the other week as well. Loved it. Everyone should stop what they're doing and watch it now.

Two of my favourites from last year.

On 5/18/2017 at 2:43 PM, big__phil said:

Thoughts? I think I liked it, despite some periods where I wasn't sure what was going on. Cracking ending though. Looked gorgeous and had a great soundtrack as well, from what I remember.

Hahaha, I'm the same, it was a bit of a rollercoaster of What? Yawn? WHAT?! AHHHH! Oooooo? Huh?

But all in all I walked away from it with admiration. It works as a metaphor and it works literally, depending on what you want to take from i, it's a slow film so you need to put aside the time to watch it without phone, laptop or chit chat to really take something away from it and I would recommend it to anyone :)

6 hours ago, nightcrawler13 said:

Hahaha, I'm the same, it was a bit of a rollercoaster of What? Yawn? WHAT?! AHHHH! Oooooo? Huh?

But all in all I walked away from it with admiration. It works as a metaphor and it works literally, depending on what you want to take from i, it's a slow film so you need to put aside the time to watch it without phone, laptop or chit chat to really take something away from it and I would recommend it to anyone :)

Anyone? Including my former housemate whose favourite film of all time is Transformers 2. Not even 1. Two! Should've known that house share was never gonna work.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody seen Wonder Woman then? Went this afternoon and I liked it a lot. I was very impressed and surprised by how well the WWI setting was pulled off for the most part; some really affecting bleakness/grittiness scenes there. Gal Gadot is pretty amazing, right up there with Robert Downey Jr and Christopher Reeve in terms of providing the definitive portrayal of an existing superhero.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/10/17 at 9:03 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Anybody seen Wonder Woman then? Went this afternoon and I liked it a lot. I was very impressed and surprised by how well the WWI setting was pulled off for the most part; some really affecting bleakness/grittiness scenes there. Gal Gadot is pretty amazing, right up there with Robert Downey Jr and Christopher Reeve in terms of providing the definitive portrayal of an existing superhero. 

I enjoyed Wonder Woman enough but tbh nothing memorable happened in it, the most excited I got was when Spud popped up in it.

55 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Saw the new Spider-Man last night and loved it. Best Marvel film in ages, Tom Holland absolutely nails it.

Yet to see this but so happy it's been getting near enough all-round great reviews after me thinking it looked a bit shit from the trailers.