Films

Rufus Gwertigan

Anyone seen "This Is 40"? (the latest Judd Apatow, kinda a sequel to knocked up) I really fancy it simply because it appears to be pretty much what happens in our marriage, as a couple of early 40'ers I think its gonna be right up our street, but the IMDB comments are very harsh and very positive in equal measure. I'm hoping that the harsh comments are from the 20 somethings that cant really relate to what its like to be in a 15+ year marriage with kids? anyways, I'll find out for sure if we get the chance to watch it tonight.
Have you watched it yet? The ads on tv for it look awful

It was very funny in parts, but on the whole a disappointment.

Just watched "Bullhead". Powerful film. The subtitles on my version were a bit shite though, so try and track down some decent ones if you intend to watch it. I really enjoyed the film. One scene is fucking horrible to watch, but its the one scene thqt puts context on the entire movie.

Edited by t8yman

Independance Day was an alien invasion not a disaster movie.I said the same though lol.I don't remember seeing the President in Armageddon.

Does he not give a big speech? Can't really remember cos I haven't seen that film in ages!

The complete lack of shark-repellant in a can did it for me. And the bomb scene is nowhere near as good as the "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" shenninigans of the Adam West movie.

Thought Tom Hardy was excellent mind.

Independance Day was an alien invasion not a disaster movie.I said the same though lol.I don't remember seeing the President in Armageddon.

Independence Day was a disaster of an alien movie. That count? How about Day After Tomorrow, deffo a disaster movie, and a white president.

Put aside a couple of hours to watch Killing Bono today. What a film, and what a brilliant portrayal of what Major Labels are like. Full of scumbags only looking out for a cash in. I know this might sound naive but oh well.

Major labels are buissnesses accountable to shareholders so yeah,that is the way it is.Trick is to become huge and deal with them on your terms lol.

I think the film lost me when cat women walked onto the screen....

Catwoman walked into the screen within 10mins of the film.

I think you're being overly critical. It's nowhere near as good as the first two but Tom Hardy was excellent and I really liked the portrayal of Talia.

Catwoman was dire though, both in plot concept and execution.

I thought Talia was horrible, she could of been used in some many more intresting rather than a M Night plot twist and I got no idea how the actress keeps getting roles as everything I've seen her in she has been rubbish. Her acting in the last scene at the end was ridiculous.

Really enjoyed Flight, can't recommend it enough. Much more than just a plane crash.

Good to see Argo get some awards last night, I thought it was a very well made film. And Christolphe Waltz fully deserved his award for Django Unchained.

I found Flight to be far too long and drawn out for no reason at all. The side plot about the woman could have been left out altogether without adversely affecting the film at all.