NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

Indie games are great and all but I thought the major selling point of the Vita was it could give you home console quality games on the move?

It was, but I found when I played Uncharted on the thing it didn't feel right. I don't want to play epic story telling type games on a handheld console on a train, I wanna play them in front of my 50" plasma with nothing going on around me. The best handheld games have always been those that have a more pick up and play type vibe, which is normally where indie games fall in.

It seems like the Vita has bombed pretty hard sales wise anyway so indie games are all thats left, seems they're the only things that can make money on the thing lol.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you played Dishonoured, or even Saboteur?

People from GTA backgrounds have given Watch Dogs a kind of "fair 7/10" type review, but people who have played those two seem to find it terribad.

Niether, Disohnoured isn't really my thing at all. (Though Saboteur looks good!).

It was only a about a 2 years ago I got back into playing on my 360, so I've missed a fair bit , mainly I was playing Sims/RTS and MMORPGs on a laptop, while I was at Uni and what ever was on sale on steam so stuff like portal etc.

Watch Dogs is the first big open world type game that I brought at release...so that might be why I am enjoying it more than others. (Plus the whole sort of hacking/"cyberpunk" theme really appeals to me.)

The Sun is reporting that computer games are as bad as heroin today their facts include:

• ‘5,000 calls to one clinic for help’
  • ‘Call of Duty link to three suicides’
  • ‘Dopamine levels increase in the brain’
  • ‘It gives you a kick and a chemical buzz’

So my xbox one arrived today, haven't even got round to playing it yet. I've had to download 1 800mb update for the xbox and another 1.8GB upgate for Titanfall. Takes the piss with my shitty 200kbps download speed. I'll be lucky if I get to play it later tonight. :P

Atleast the games that were included in the bundle were physical copies though.

Okay I've sunk 30 hours into Pokemon Blue. Really enjoying it and I've forgotten tons of stuff about it, like all the little secrets. I remember when I first played Yellow I bought a gaming mag with the guide when I got stuck.

Downloaded Deadspace 3 on psplus, did the first chapter, can't say much more until I play more but it just has me thinking 'this is how resident evil should be'

Okay I've sunk 30 hours into Pokemon Blue. Really enjoying it and I've forgotten tons of stuff about it

Are you playing on an emulator? If so, I'd recommend giving "Ash Gray" a look at, follows the story of the animated series rather than the games, fan made I believe.

Edited by Lithium05

Anyone else hoping for a couple of WW2 shooters on next gen? They're the best games imo, COD2 and WAW was a load of fun on last gen. Would be interesting to see how a WW2 shooter would look in 1080p too. I'm starting to get bored of these futuristic shooters. I've been playing Titanfall a bit, I play it for a couple hours then I get bored. The community is shit and it's way too repetetive for me. I'm thinking of trading it in for Dead Rising 3.

Wolfenstein is class btw. It's only £32 on amazon so I'd reccommend you guys getting it if you haven't already. The campaign is a little on the short side though.

Just wait a few months and the price of games drop massively, I'm surprised any way pays close to RRP anymore. Just a had a look and it's only £14 on Steam and £25 at Smyths.

This is the thing, you wait 3-6 months and it goes down to £20ish, wait a year and it drops to not much over £10.

I saw it at Sainsburys for a similar price.

Btw I've just spent about 2 hours setting up a repeater to boost the wifi signal to my room. We've just changed to bt and I've had no signal in my room for 3 weeks. After finally setting it up, testing my connection to the ps4 (think download was up to nearly 8mbps) I go to play my psn games and get the 'cannot connect to verify licence'

I can't believe psn is down after I spent all that time setting up to use it.

Edited by III

That's because there's a fair number trying to download the Destiny beta. I'm one of them. Should be done by about 11pm tonight...

yeah i've just read about it.

Also you guys seem to have given Watchdogs a lukewarm reception but i'm enjoying it so far. I like that i can go all stealthy on missions. Only done about 5 missions so far though.