NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It did on the last gen, there were a few that didnt do actual surround, they simply simulated it, but there are headsets available with 5.1 speakers. sadly they arent compatible with the new gen consoles.

This could all be bullshit, but I'm fairly sure.

edited to add

http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/proplus.asp

Edited by t8yman

I bought a ps3 compatible turtlebeach with the 3d sound thingy a few years ago (PX21 maybe?). Worked perfect on ps3, with 3d sound and could easily get the talk channel to be on ps3 or skype.

Was amazed that it now works even better on ps4 - don't have to change any setting to turn the headset sound 'on' or 'off', it just detects if its plugged in and does it for me. 3d works fine too! Think I'm very lucky with whichever ones i bought.

not sure, I just use the bundled headset at the moment. whilst researching a proper headset, my head started to hurt there was so much conflicting information. I'm pretty sure any 3rd party headset needs the adapter though. TB have released the X04 and X07 headsets recently, that come bundled with the adapter, but I want a proper 5.1 or 7.1 headset.

I looked at the x07 but like you say they aren't 5.1 or 7.1. People are linking thier Astro A50's and A40's using the adapter so you get high end headsets that work.

What is the bundled headset, just the cheap chat one?

Edited by the_hedge

I looked at the x07 but like you say they aren't 5.1 or 7.1. People are linking thier Astro A50's and A40's using the adapter so you get high end headsets that work.

What is the bundled headset, just the cheap chat one?

yeah.

i think the astros still have to use the kinect mic though.

After some research my PX21's will work with the adapter. I will use that until some really good wireless ones come out later.

If only I could find somewhere that has the adapter in stock........

EDIT: Found one at gamestop. I will let you know how I get on.

Edited by the_hedge

Well Dice/EA simply can't stop winding up their community can they. The expansion pack "Naval Strike" was due to launch yesterday, 4 new maps, new game mode, new vehicles and weapons. People were rightfully excited about it. It went on the PS4 store very very early yesterday, along with a game update to fix the never ending shitstorm of bugs we have had to endure since launch. Apparently its a lagfest on PS4.

Hours passed.

Nothing for PC or XBO.

More hours passed.

Announced PC was delayed.

More and more hours passed.

Announced XBO delayed until "early April".

The shit hit the fan.

The forums have been a waaaaaa fest since then.

They really dont have a fucking clue. I dont know wether EA are forcing Dice on time constraints, or Dice havent got a clue how to fix this game and get it running properly, but jesus christ I hope no-one preorders BF5 when it gets announced, and no-one buys premium when it does come out. These people need to feel the pain in their wallets.

And in other news. Facebook have bought Oculus Rift for $2bn. Jesus fucking christ that's that ruined then!

I was proper pissed off with the delay on naval strike. It was bad enough that it had previously been announced to server admins that it would ship 18.3.14, then on that date they stated it would be a week later, then only told players it wasn't coming out some hours after it was supposed to have been released.

As for the rift. Sad news, I think.

Most games on the Playstation are a lagfest, the PSN is a disgrace hence why I jumped to Xbox. No matter how good the playstaition 4 is and how many exclusives and sales they get the online experience will always be crap.

Titanfall servers were down last night as well. Game companies have to be some of the most poorly run bushiness going. They make so much but provide such a disappointing experience to their customers. Promise far more than they can deliver. Some of these games need to be stripped back a little. Get them running properly first and then start adding things slowly.

Edited by the_hedge

Most games on the Playstation are a lagfest, the PSN is a disgrace hence why I jumped to Xbox. No matter how good the playstaition 4 is and how many exclusives and sales they get the online experience will always be crap.

Titanfall servers were down last night as well. Game companies have to be some of the most poorly run bushiness going. They make so much but provide such a disappointing experience to their customers. Promise far more than they can deliver. Some of these games need to be stripped back a little. Get them running properly first and then start adding things slowly.

:sarcastic:

To be fair, I think the PSN has come a long way since PS3. Xbox Live last gen was undeniably a better experience you really got what you pay for. But I can honestly say I have not had a single issue with the PSN so far. Was always planning on getting an XBone aswell at some point, but now I'm building a PC I really see no reason. Couldn't be happier with how the PS4 came out, way exceeded my expectations.

I've never had a problem with Playstation online and I've been playing it since Socom on the PS2! Seriously I understand Live may be better but I've had no problem with PSN online over the years - it amazes me how bad BF4 must be cause BF3 was fine online. EA just really messed up I guess.

Killzone:SF is the best looking game I've ever played online and it runs pretty much perfect and lag free in my experience. Voice chat is clear and works fine etc.

Most FPS games on the PSN play weird. I always get that insta death thing son most of them. I never rarely get that on xbox live. Don't get me wrong you will always get some form of latency in online games but the PSN is much worse in my experience. For every day games online the PSN is fit for purpose but Batllefield and COD have always been really laggy on PSN (laggy is feeling behind not laggy is in rubber banding).

I bought Hotline Miami a while ago for about £2.50. Its great fun.

I properly finished 999 on the DS last night. You have to play through it several times to get the proper ending. And its an absolute headfuck of an ending too!

I've started Virtues Last Reward on the Vita now, and its instantly much more difficult than 999. I am stuck on one of the puzzles already.