Bestival 2013

Guest zahidf

Thinking about some possibilities for 2013.

Headliners:

Atoms for Peace (new album in 2013, the 09-10 tour consisted of 12 American dates and 1 appearance at Fuji Rock so England and Europe in general need some attention, Radiohead is too big but AfP would be just right, especially with the dancier tunes)

Depeche Mode (new album in April)

Daft Punk (only if the rumors of a new album/tour finally come true after 5 years of lies)

Arcade Fire (new album next year)

Mumford & Sons (new album dropping soon, popular)

The Black Keys (have become the most overexposed band in America's festival history and seem to have played every fest but this one)

Pulp (will they still be together?)

Bloc Party

The Killers

The formula for headliners seems to be:

dance act

legacy act

something more recent that the kids adore

So judging from the limited information we have on the live music circuit of 2013, I am guessing Daft Punk, Depeche Mode, Mumford & Sons.

Other:

The Knife (in April of 2011 they announced that a new album was coming this year, and there's not been a word about it since, and from what I hear, Fever Ray was not fond of playing festivals due to logistical issues)

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tempted to get my ticket for next year early as I trust RDB to put on enough bands & DJs to keep me happy. Especially the lengthy payment plan. I'm sure there'd be at least one headliner worth watching. My friends can't stop raving about it so they'll be there too & if (fingers crossed) I manage to obtain a Glasto ticket then there's plenty of time to organise time off & moneys.

• 2 weeks later...

I WIsh ...

Arctic Monkeys

Vampire Weekend

florence and the machine

Ben Howard

Prodigy

Miles Kane

Blur

Bombay bicycle club

The Maccabees

Gogol Bordelo