Latest Festivals News
- Peter Gabriel will give talk at WOMA...Yesterday, 12:20 PM: WOMAD 2014 newsKate Tempest, Riot Jazz, The Abstrac...Wed 23 Jul 14: Freedom Festival 2014 newsJames Vincent McMorrow, SBTRKT, & Bo...Tue 22 Jul 14: Electric Picnic 2014 newsfinal acts announced for BloodstockTue 22 Jul 14: Bloodstock Open Air 2014 ne...
Rock In Roma, City of London Festival, Harrogate International Festival, Sundowner Sessions, Buxton Festival Fringe, The Llangollen Fringe Festival, Birmingham International Jazz & Blues Festival, Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival, IF: Milton Keynes International Festival, Manchester Jazz Festival, The Henley Fringe and FIlm Festival, Paleo Festival, Fresh Island Festival, Rock and Blues Old School Weekender, Northern Green Gathering, Port Eliot Festival, Quest Festival, The Secret Garden Party, Warwick Folk festival, WOMAD, Access All Eirias, Global Gathering, Graig Aid Music Festival, Lapstock, Leicester Music Festival, MIDI Festival, Redfest, SeaRock Festival, The Wickerman Festival,
Hatherleigh Festival- CANCELLED, Barefoot Festival, Cock and Bull Festival, Deer Shed Festival, Deerstock, Festival on the Farm, Fuji Rock Festival, Indietracks Music Festival, International Gypsy Guitar Festival, Kozfest, Maryport Blues Festival, Singing Sticks Festival, Southern Fried Festival, Splendour In The Grass, ...
Latest Tourdates On Sale
Robin Trower Band, Fu Manchu, Alabama 3, The Libertines, Europe, Submotion Orchestra, Maverick Sabre, The Pop Group, Jessie J, Banks, Indiana, Beartooth, Israel Nash Gripka, Climates, Mr Scruff, Finch, 65daysofstatic, Negative Approach, Xerath, Stanley Odd, Southern, The Orwells, Mike Dignam, The Fall, The Treatment, The Temperance Movement, Box Of Light, Poison Idea, Nothing But Thieves, Lloyd Cole, The Ordinary Boys, The 1975, Ella Eyre, Benjamin Booker, The History Of Apple Pie, Tom Jones, Flamingods, John Smith, Mala, Here Lies A Warning, Honeyblood, David Thomas Broughton, Fool's Gold, Knock Out Kaine, Rixton, Brand New Heavies, Derrick Carter, Neville Staple ...
2 Adult Weekend Pass's for Sale
pixiedixie1987 - Today, 05:02 AM
Hotfoxy - Yesterday, 10:26 PM
uh-oh Graffiti Artist Stall
miffmiffy - Yesterday, 09:53 PM
two adult weekend tickets and parking pass
festivalqueen1 - Yesterday, 08:56 PM
Beyond The Pyramid...
Cobbler Danny - Yesterday, 07:39 PM
Hey :) newbie with a few questions!
9 replies to this topic
Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:40 AMHey just wondering if someone could help me with a few questions! I've never been before but so so excited. Here's the questions anyway:
By the way I'm going with 3 other girls, 3 days standard camping, driving from swansea.
1. I haven't got a car park ticket, rang up and they said they were sold out and to purchase one on Friday. What's the best time to arrive to avoid long queues? Was thinking of getting there by 7AM.
2. Is the car park safe? Obviously I'll be hiding valuables but just worried about my car being broken into or damaged. Also is there any danger of the car park flooding?
3. Which campsite is the best to go for? I've heard green is quite chilled and good location too
4. Do they strictly check for aerosols? Wanted to take dry shampoo.
Can't think of anything else right now, but any other tips are really appreciated
Thanks in advance!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:47 PMHi,
I'm a newbie too! We have a car park ticket but are no longer driving.. Message me and I could possibly sort out sending you it?
As for the campsite you'd probably be best to pick the closest to the car park as you'll have to carry all your stuff and it's due to rain heavily friday so will most likely be hard to walk about!
I've been told they don't check too thoroughly and people have got away with aerosoles by rolling them up in their clothes... So I'd try that!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:40 PMHey Nat, my first time there too cannot wait haha! Bus full of 60 from Port Talbot travelling up for Sat and Sunday ! You all set ?x
Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:57 PMHiya,
With regards to the carpark, I've left things in my car such as a Satnav etc and had no problems, but one year the car parked next door to me had got broken into, so I think its just the risk you take really.
As to the state of the carpark, last year I seen tractors dragging some people out - try and park as close to the entrance as you can.
I've also taken aerosols in every year and had no problem - they never really checked my bags thoroughly so will be taking some again this year
Hope I've helped a little bit ha!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:14 PMHey,
1) The campsite doesn't open until 12 dinner time so its going to be hit and miss as regard to what time you should turn up I got there at about half 3 in afternoon last year on the Friday and it was excellent had 2 Q for about 5 min to get into the car park and about half hour to get into the campsite.
2) Yeah I'm same on leaving valuables in the car just keep them in the boot etc and out of eye view, as far as I know they will have some sort of wardens in there on a night time.
3) The campsite question is a tricky 1 I think it was the green site we stayed in last year and it was great no trouble or anything.
4) I take deodrant every year an have done for the last 5. My girlfriend also takes that dry shampoo stuff and we never had them taken off us or had a problem.
Tip of the weekend is to Have an amazing time party the full weekend come rain or shine!!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:07 PMGot there for about half 12 last year (friday) got on the car park easily and because we were quite early managed to get a good camping site I'd advise to camping quite high up on the field if possible as it looks like its going to rain all weekend.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:23 AM
Definitely camp high up and also park higher up in the car park if possible. When you come to leave, drive across the top of the car park, as best you can, then straight down to the exit. The worst mud is, obviously, always at the bottom of the fields so keep out of it!!
Got there for about half 12 last year (friday) got on the car park easily and because we were quite early managed to get a good camping site I'd advise to camping quite high up on the field if possible as it looks like its going to rain all weekend.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:38 AMYeah last years mud bath meant that we got stuck in the mud for about an hour in the car park just wheel spinning in the same place was not a pleasant experience at half 6 in the morning when you just want a nice cuppa tea, some paracetamol and your own bed.haha.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:53 AMThat happened to us in a minibus a few years back when it was still a one day event. Cue the 'you've been framed' moments trying to push it out and getting covered in mud and one lad falling flat on his face in th mud when the van moved away!!
Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:30 AMHaha, that is exactly what happened to me, I was trying to push my girlfriends car and she was wheel spinning mud everywhere and then it was a flat on my face moment.lol. Those are some funny cremafields moments!!