Latest Festivals News
- Chic featuring Nile Rodgers for Bing...Today, 13:10 PM: Bingley Music Live 2013 n...The Futureheads, Richard Hawley, & S...Today, 11:29 AM: Ramsbottom Festival 2013 ...final 13 acts announced for ArcTanGe...Today, 11:10 AM: ArcTanGent Festival 2013 ...Hungary's Sziget adds Nick Cave And ...Today, 10:35 AM: Sziget Festival 2013 news
Brighton Festival, Nailsworth Festival, Primavera Sound, Muse stadium shows, Bath International Music Festival, Knockengorroch World Ceilidh, Symmetry, The Orkney Folk Festival, Exmouth Festival, Hay Festival, HowTheLightGetsIn, Dot to Dot festival (Manchester), Ireby Music Festival, Sonar Sao Paulo, BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend, Burns an' a that!, Cabourne Folk & Blues Festival, Cottingham Springboard Music Festival, Glastonbudget, Hebden Bridge Blues Festival , HogSozzle, Lechlade Festival, Life Festival, Maryport Harbour Festival, Meadowlands, Nice & Sleazy, Off The Tracks Spring Festival, OsFest - Break for the Border, Plymouth Volksfest, Strummercamp, Threadfest, Vegfest, Chippenham Folk Festival, Elderflower Fields Festival, Fishguard Folk Festival, Handmade, May Folk Weekend, Noisily, Run to the Sun, The Wild Heart Gathering, Salisbury International Arts Festival, Bath Fringe Festival, Concert At The Kings, Dot to Dot festival (Bristol), ...
Latest Tourdates On Sale
Rod Stewart, I Am Kloot, Josh Record, Happy Mondays, Tenacious D, Ray Davies, Kevin Eldon, Paradise Lost, Lionel Richie, Ian Siegal, 'Introducing' recreate 'Discovery' live , Muse, Roger Hodgson, The Strypes, Midge Ure, Strawbs, Definitely Might Be, Young Knives, Ellie Goulding, Greg Davies, Deaf Havana, Ocean Colour Scene, The Pigeon Detectives, Fenech-Soler, Huey Lewis & The News, Fish, Conflict, Basement Jaxx, One Direction, Charlie Boyer and The Voyeurs, Hudson Taylor, Evan Dando, Lee Nelson, Shadows Chasing Ghosts, Heartless Bastards, Logic, Hip Route, Deerhunter, Jessie J, Dreadzone, Ozric Tentacles, Eleanor Friedberger, The Stone Roses, Nearly Dan, Pied Piper, Hyper, Avenged Sevenfold, The Lovers ...
Hey :) newbie with a few questions!
9 replies to this topic
Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:40 AMHey just wondering if someone could help me with a few questions! I've never been before but so so excited. Here's the questions anyway:
By the way I'm going with 3 other girls, 3 days standard camping, driving from swansea.
1. I haven't got a car park ticket, rang up and they said they were sold out and to purchase one on Friday. What's the best time to arrive to avoid long queues? Was thinking of getting there by 7AM.
2. Is the car park safe? Obviously I'll be hiding valuables but just worried about my car being broken into or damaged. Also is there any danger of the car park flooding?
3. Which campsite is the best to go for? I've heard green is quite chilled and good location too
4. Do they strictly check for aerosols? Wanted to take dry shampoo.
Can't think of anything else right now, but any other tips are really appreciated
Thanks in advance!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:47 PMHi,
I'm a newbie too! We have a car park ticket but are no longer driving.. Message me and I could possibly sort out sending you it?
As for the campsite you'd probably be best to pick the closest to the car park as you'll have to carry all your stuff and it's due to rain heavily friday so will most likely be hard to walk about!
I've been told they don't check too thoroughly and people have got away with aerosoles by rolling them up in their clothes... So I'd try that!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:40 PMHey Nat, my first time there too cannot wait haha! Bus full of 60 from Port Talbot travelling up for Sat and Sunday ! You all set ?x
Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:57 PMHiya,
With regards to the carpark, I've left things in my car such as a Satnav etc and had no problems, but one year the car parked next door to me had got broken into, so I think its just the risk you take really.
As to the state of the carpark, last year I seen tractors dragging some people out - try and park as close to the entrance as you can.
I've also taken aerosols in every year and had no problem - they never really checked my bags thoroughly so will be taking some again this year
Hope I've helped a little bit ha!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:14 PMHey,
1) The campsite doesn't open until 12 dinner time so its going to be hit and miss as regard to what time you should turn up I got there at about half 3 in afternoon last year on the Friday and it was excellent had 2 Q for about 5 min to get into the car park and about half hour to get into the campsite.
2) Yeah I'm same on leaving valuables in the car just keep them in the boot etc and out of eye view, as far as I know they will have some sort of wardens in there on a night time.
3) The campsite question is a tricky 1 I think it was the green site we stayed in last year and it was great no trouble or anything.
4) I take deodrant every year an have done for the last 5. My girlfriend also takes that dry shampoo stuff and we never had them taken off us or had a problem.
Tip of the weekend is to Have an amazing time party the full weekend come rain or shine!!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:07 PMGot there for about half 12 last year (friday) got on the car park easily and because we were quite early managed to get a good camping site I'd advise to camping quite high up on the field if possible as it looks like its going to rain all weekend.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:23 AM
Definitely camp high up and also park higher up in the car park if possible. When you come to leave, drive across the top of the car park, as best you can, then straight down to the exit. The worst mud is, obviously, always at the bottom of the fields so keep out of it!!
Got there for about half 12 last year (friday) got on the car park easily and because we were quite early managed to get a good camping site I'd advise to camping quite high up on the field if possible as it looks like its going to rain all weekend.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:38 AMYeah last years mud bath meant that we got stuck in the mud for about an hour in the car park just wheel spinning in the same place was not a pleasant experience at half 6 in the morning when you just want a nice cuppa tea, some paracetamol and your own bed.haha.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:53 AMThat happened to us in a minibus a few years back when it was still a one day event. Cue the 'you've been framed' moments trying to push it out and getting covered in mud and one lad falling flat on his face in th mud when the van moved away!!
Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:30 AMHaha, that is exactly what happened to me, I was trying to push my girlfriends car and she was wheel spinning mud everywhere and then it was a flat on my face moment.lol. Those are some funny cremafields moments!!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users