Latest Festivals News
- over four tonnes of edible food surp...Yesterday, 15:13 PM: WOMAD 2015 newsthis weekend's Outcider Festival is ...Yesterday, 09:26 AM: Outcider Festival 201...last-minute deal provided public fun...Yesterday, 08:38 AM: T in the Park 2015 ne...full line-up for High Definition whi...Wed 29 Jul 15: High Definition Festival 20...
Grandslam Madness, An Evening At The Races, Aberdeen International Youth Festival, Monmouth Festival, HESFES, Gloucester Rhythm and Blues Festival, Arenal Sound, Llandudno Jazz Festival, Barrakud Festival (Corfu), Rhondda Rocks, Wacken Open Air, Cambridge Folk Festival, Camp Bestival, Kendal Calling, Port Eliot Festival, Southern Fried Festival, Stockton International Riverside Festival, #EngageWithTools, Farmfestival, Richmond Live, The Gentlemen of the Road Stopover,
Inn-Ovation- CANCELLED, Tfest- CANCELLED, Bimble Bandada!, Brightlingsea Free MusicFest, Carfest North, Castlepalooza, Chilled in a Field, Festival on the Farm, Hannahs Beer and Music Festival, Hard Rock Rocks Edinburgh, Margate Soul Weekend, New Quay Wales Music Festival, Outcider Festival, Rock Ridge Rumble, Standon Calling, Suikerrock, Sunflowerfest, The Indiependence Music and Arts Festival, VW Whitenoise Festival, Y-Not Festival, Sidmouth Folk Week, Manchester Jazz Festival, ...
Latest Tourdates On Sale
City and Colour, Raging Speedhorn, Doug Stanhope, James Morrison, The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing, Johnny Marr, The Gaslight Anthem, Foo Fighters, Blitz Kids, Don Broco, Nearly Dan, New Order, Marina and the Diamonds, Treetop Flyers, KRS-ONE, Jack Garratt, Judas Priest, Neil Finn, InMe, Nero, Bad Manners, Frank Turner, Mercury Rev, Motley Crue, Bowling for Soup, Vant, Ride, Slaughter & The Dogs, San Cisco, Gabrielle Aplin, Dirt Box Disco, Patti Smith & her band, Bellowhead, Frances, Florence + The Machine, Jess Glynne, Years And Years, Billy Bragg, Nightmares on Wax, The 1975, Young Thug, Swim Deep, Funeral For A Friend, The Proclaimers, Fishbone, Nahko and Medicine for the People, Augustines, Catfish & The Bottlemen ...
Selling my Creamfields 3 day Standard camping ticket
Jam1993 - Yesterday, 09:47 PM
Beautiful Days 2 adult Plus Camper van Pass in need of good home
markrj - Yesterday, 08:27 PM
For Sale x2 Adult tickets Plus Camper-van Pass
purple-ronnie - Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Is it worth trying a different way? 3.2 miles away & not moving!
Squirrel Nutkin - Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Couple Qs about tents
Mmickey_w - Yesterday, 11:23 AM
Hey :) newbie with a few questions!
9 replies to this topic
Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:40 AMHey just wondering if someone could help me with a few questions! I've never been before but so so excited. Here's the questions anyway:
By the way I'm going with 3 other girls, 3 days standard camping, driving from swansea.
1. I haven't got a car park ticket, rang up and they said they were sold out and to purchase one on Friday. What's the best time to arrive to avoid long queues? Was thinking of getting there by 7AM.
2. Is the car park safe? Obviously I'll be hiding valuables but just worried about my car being broken into or damaged. Also is there any danger of the car park flooding?
3. Which campsite is the best to go for? I've heard green is quite chilled and good location too
4. Do they strictly check for aerosols? Wanted to take dry shampoo.
Can't think of anything else right now, but any other tips are really appreciated
Thanks in advance!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:47 PMHi,
I'm a newbie too! We have a car park ticket but are no longer driving.. Message me and I could possibly sort out sending you it?
As for the campsite you'd probably be best to pick the closest to the car park as you'll have to carry all your stuff and it's due to rain heavily friday so will most likely be hard to walk about!
I've been told they don't check too thoroughly and people have got away with aerosoles by rolling them up in their clothes... So I'd try that!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:40 PMHey Nat, my first time there too cannot wait haha! Bus full of 60 from Port Talbot travelling up for Sat and Sunday ! You all set ?x
Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:57 PMHiya,
With regards to the carpark, I've left things in my car such as a Satnav etc and had no problems, but one year the car parked next door to me had got broken into, so I think its just the risk you take really.
As to the state of the carpark, last year I seen tractors dragging some people out - try and park as close to the entrance as you can.
I've also taken aerosols in every year and had no problem - they never really checked my bags thoroughly so will be taking some again this year
Hope I've helped a little bit ha!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:14 PMHey,
1) The campsite doesn't open until 12 dinner time so its going to be hit and miss as regard to what time you should turn up I got there at about half 3 in afternoon last year on the Friday and it was excellent had 2 Q for about 5 min to get into the car park and about half hour to get into the campsite.
2) Yeah I'm same on leaving valuables in the car just keep them in the boot etc and out of eye view, as far as I know they will have some sort of wardens in there on a night time.
3) The campsite question is a tricky 1 I think it was the green site we stayed in last year and it was great no trouble or anything.
4) I take deodrant every year an have done for the last 5. My girlfriend also takes that dry shampoo stuff and we never had them taken off us or had a problem.
Tip of the weekend is to Have an amazing time party the full weekend come rain or shine!!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:07 PMGot there for about half 12 last year (friday) got on the car park easily and because we were quite early managed to get a good camping site I'd advise to camping quite high up on the field if possible as it looks like its going to rain all weekend.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:23 AM
Definitely camp high up and also park higher up in the car park if possible. When you come to leave, drive across the top of the car park, as best you can, then straight down to the exit. The worst mud is, obviously, always at the bottom of the fields so keep out of it!!
Got there for about half 12 last year (friday) got on the car park easily and because we were quite early managed to get a good camping site I'd advise to camping quite high up on the field if possible as it looks like its going to rain all weekend.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:38 AMYeah last years mud bath meant that we got stuck in the mud for about an hour in the car park just wheel spinning in the same place was not a pleasant experience at half 6 in the morning when you just want a nice cuppa tea, some paracetamol and your own bed.haha.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:53 AMThat happened to us in a minibus a few years back when it was still a one day event. Cue the 'you've been framed' moments trying to push it out and getting covered in mud and one lad falling flat on his face in th mud when the van moved away!!
Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:30 AMHaha, that is exactly what happened to me, I was trying to push my girlfriends car and she was wheel spinning mud everywhere and then it was a flat on my face moment.lol. Those are some funny cremafields moments!!