Latest Festivals News
- win tickets for TruckThu 17 Apr 14: Truck Festival 2014 newsThe Cribs will headline Long Divisio...Thu 17 Apr 14: Long Division Festival 2014...Sam Bailey, and The Sugarhill Gang...Thu 17 Apr 14: GuilFest 2014 newsTim Peaks Diner confirmed for Kendal...Thu 17 Apr 14: Kendal Calling 2014 newsSaturday day tickets for Isle of Wig...Thu 17 Apr 14: Isle of Wight Festival 2014...
London International Ska Festival, Modstock, Bluesfest, Coachella - Weekend Two, Detestival, Harefest, Maritime Music Festival, Resistanz Festival, Skintfest, Stagfest, Wales Goes Pop!, DGTL Festival, Eastbourne Festival, Hit The Deck Festival (Nottingham), Marquee Day & Night Mini Festival, Focus Wales, Moogfest, Consett Festival, Desertfest, Folk Weekend Oxford, Whitby Gothic Weekend, Are You Listening?, Cheltenham Jazz Festival, Liverpool Sound City, Shetland Folk Festival, Maidstone Fringe Festival, Elsewhere, Groezrock, SOS 4.8 Music Festival, 'kin Hell Fest,
Rad Fest- CANCELLED, Burnley International Rock and Blues Festival, Cosmic Puffin Festival, Darvel Music Festival, EFC Festival, Filey Folk Festival, Handmade, Landed Festival, Paignton Bike Festival, Temples Festival, The Gathering, Whitby Spring Session, Beltane Wild Village Fayre, Eastbourne Int. Folkdance Festival, Isle of Bute Jazz Festival, ...
Latest Tourdates On Sale
Paul Carrack, Scott Matthews, Sex Pistols Experience, Peter Andre, Barry Manilow, Kenny G, The Wonder Years, Iggy Azalea, Tony Joe White, Daevid Allen & The Magick Brothers, Electric Moon, The Buffalo Skinners, Strife, Arch Enemy, Dean Friedman, Kids in Glass Houses, UB40, Deaf Havana, Sharon Shannon, Gary Numan, Cast, Saxon, The Felice Brothers, Jesus Jones, Bam Margera's FuckFace Unstoppable, Ervin Drake And Sammy Cahn, The South, Foxes, Ben Ottewell, Kate Bush, Sam Smith, Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats, Bellowhead, The Twilight Sad, Rival Sons, Trollfest, Solids, Harry Manx, Wilko Johnson, Ben Poole, The Doors Alive, Jonwayne, Arthur Brown, Chris Rea, Fatal Smile, Snarky Puppy, Passenger, Southern ...
Watch Draft Day and Noah Full Movie HD
khuranasab - Today, 06:13 AM
ghandi - Yesterday, 08:47 PM
Public Service Broadcasting on West Holts
aphex2020 - Yesterday, 05:39 PM
what size tent can you use on campervan pitch
cidy - Yesterday, 05:31 PM
iTunes Festival 2014
dentalplan - Yesterday, 03:16 PM
Hey :) newbie with a few questions!
9 replies to this topic
Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:40 AMHey just wondering if someone could help me with a few questions! I've never been before but so so excited. Here's the questions anyway:
By the way I'm going with 3 other girls, 3 days standard camping, driving from swansea.
1. I haven't got a car park ticket, rang up and they said they were sold out and to purchase one on Friday. What's the best time to arrive to avoid long queues? Was thinking of getting there by 7AM.
2. Is the car park safe? Obviously I'll be hiding valuables but just worried about my car being broken into or damaged. Also is there any danger of the car park flooding?
3. Which campsite is the best to go for? I've heard green is quite chilled and good location too
4. Do they strictly check for aerosols? Wanted to take dry shampoo.
Can't think of anything else right now, but any other tips are really appreciated
Thanks in advance!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:47 PMHi,
I'm a newbie too! We have a car park ticket but are no longer driving.. Message me and I could possibly sort out sending you it?
As for the campsite you'd probably be best to pick the closest to the car park as you'll have to carry all your stuff and it's due to rain heavily friday so will most likely be hard to walk about!
I've been told they don't check too thoroughly and people have got away with aerosoles by rolling them up in their clothes... So I'd try that!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:40 PMHey Nat, my first time there too cannot wait haha! Bus full of 60 from Port Talbot travelling up for Sat and Sunday ! You all set ?x
Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:57 PMHiya,
With regards to the carpark, I've left things in my car such as a Satnav etc and had no problems, but one year the car parked next door to me had got broken into, so I think its just the risk you take really.
As to the state of the carpark, last year I seen tractors dragging some people out - try and park as close to the entrance as you can.
I've also taken aerosols in every year and had no problem - they never really checked my bags thoroughly so will be taking some again this year
Hope I've helped a little bit ha!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:14 PMHey,
1) The campsite doesn't open until 12 dinner time so its going to be hit and miss as regard to what time you should turn up I got there at about half 3 in afternoon last year on the Friday and it was excellent had 2 Q for about 5 min to get into the car park and about half hour to get into the campsite.
2) Yeah I'm same on leaving valuables in the car just keep them in the boot etc and out of eye view, as far as I know they will have some sort of wardens in there on a night time.
3) The campsite question is a tricky 1 I think it was the green site we stayed in last year and it was great no trouble or anything.
4) I take deodrant every year an have done for the last 5. My girlfriend also takes that dry shampoo stuff and we never had them taken off us or had a problem.
Tip of the weekend is to Have an amazing time party the full weekend come rain or shine!!
Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:07 PMGot there for about half 12 last year (friday) got on the car park easily and because we were quite early managed to get a good camping site I'd advise to camping quite high up on the field if possible as it looks like its going to rain all weekend.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:23 AM
Definitely camp high up and also park higher up in the car park if possible. When you come to leave, drive across the top of the car park, as best you can, then straight down to the exit. The worst mud is, obviously, always at the bottom of the fields so keep out of it!!
Got there for about half 12 last year (friday) got on the car park easily and because we were quite early managed to get a good camping site I'd advise to camping quite high up on the field if possible as it looks like its going to rain all weekend.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:38 AMYeah last years mud bath meant that we got stuck in the mud for about an hour in the car park just wheel spinning in the same place was not a pleasant experience at half 6 in the morning when you just want a nice cuppa tea, some paracetamol and your own bed.haha.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:53 AMThat happened to us in a minibus a few years back when it was still a one day event. Cue the 'you've been framed' moments trying to push it out and getting covered in mud and one lad falling flat on his face in th mud when the van moved away!!
Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:30 AMHaha, that is exactly what happened to me, I was trying to push my girlfriends car and she was wheel spinning mud everywhere and then it was a flat on my face moment.lol. Those are some funny cremafields moments!!