Pop up tent-recommendations please

Guest Cjm

Hi, this is my 7th V Festival, but I've always been hopeless at putting tents up lol.

This year I'm having to go on my own on the Fri (my friend is working till the evening),

so will be putting both tents up. I know we've left it pretty late, but don't fancy putting our normal tents up,

so we're going to buy two pop up tents.

Can anyone recommend any decent, but affordable pop-up tents please?

Ones that can stand a little bit of rain, as we know what the weather is like at V lol.

I've read some reviews on Argos, but they all seem to leak.

Thanks people.

Hi mate I was in a similar position, going to be arriving a bit later than normal and could not be bothered setting. Tent up but wanted a decent non leaking/ condensation tent I was recommended Quechua 2 seconds 2 range supposed to be pretty good I've just bought one but I spent about £60-70 on mine but their are some much cheaper one that have good reviews 2

Single skin should be fine as long as it has a HH rating higher than 2000. Spend a little but more to ensure you get a decent level of waterproofness

The Gelert Quickpitch range is very good

You don't want to spend too much, as depending on your Monday hangover, you might not ba arsed taking it home.

I bought this one for the summer from halfords, Ive had a few pop up tents and is by far the best. Cost me 55 quid in the spring but now is only 40 quid. Double skinned and lots of room.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_836807_langId_-1_categoryId_236909#tab1

Thanks for the recommendations.

In the end it boiled down to money and I spent £24.99 on a Regatta 2 man pop up tent which has since gone back up to £49.99, from Argos.

Anyone know if these tents are ok?

The spec is this::

• 1 room, 2 windows, 2 air vents with sewn in groundsheet.

• Hydrostatic head 2000mm.

• Fire retardant, single skin with taped seams.

• Carry bag supplied.

• Overall size H95, W120, L220cm.

• Packed size L68, W10, D10cm.

• Packed weight 1.8kg.

Regatta do the worst branded pop up tents, they are flimsy & shake a lot in a slight breeze so can't be well put together. I can't comment on leakage.

Quechua are great. Well put together but not cheap. Can't comment on leakage but no one I know has had any problems.

Gelert are great for the price. The Quickdraw & Quickpitch vary slightly, one has more vents which is good to reduce condensation build up after sleeping. Cheap, relatively well put together & are waterproof (I've never had a problem with 5+ two man tents I've owned).

Eurohike do a range called Flash. Brilliant tents as they are double skinned & the Flash III easily accommodates 2 + bags + crates. Well put together but expensive & hard to find.

As with most other tents, I tent to halve the amount of people the company says the tent can hold to get the realistic size of accommodation. I was tempted by the cheap deals Argos & Tesco were doing on pop up tents but decided to stick with my trust worthy Cath Kidston Eurohike.

• 2 weeks later...

Regatta do the worst branded pop up tents, they are flimsy & shake a lot in a slight breeze so can't be well put together. I can't comment on leakage.

As with most other tents, I tent to halve the amount of people the company says the tent can hold to get the realistic size of accommodation. I was tempted by the cheap deals Argos & Tesco were doing on pop up tents but decided to stick with my trust worthy Cath Kidston Eurohike.