Mongol Horde - Mystery Guest.......

Guest she bangs the drums

It would appear to me that Leeds have a 'mystery guest' slot on the lock up stage.........

'Mongol Horde' have been added/sneaked onto the yellow poster for the Friday Night lock up stage, I cannot find anything for a band under this name so based on an early post with someone saying a friend had been told this person would be playing at Leeds (which I cannot find at the moment) I think this will be Frank Turner, he was born in Bahrain so the name Mongol? could be related to that and Horde is a political term. Please note that this is not listed on the Reading poster.

Thoughts?

Leeds1.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points re: NoFX,

Reading had a special guest appearance from them in 2010 on the Lock Up Stage whilst Leeds got nothing so Leeds are due something on stage like this. Me and my friends stood and watched the whole of My Chemical Romance last year as we had heard that Brian May had made a guest appearance at Reading, we got nothing.

No doubt Foo Fighters will have some special guest at Reading with nothing at Leeds. ;)

^I wouldn't take it as them just yet, considering they've only got 54 followers on twitter (I know it's not an accurate indicator of a band's size) they seem way too small to be 4th from bottom and when Gallows played as The Rats people found an old punk band and started saying it was them. It also wouldn't account for whey they are on the poster but not on the line up/profiles and why they aren't playing Reading.

On the other hand the 1st person to follow them on twitter was Frank Turner so a new side project from him maybe?