T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can really see one of the headliners being The Killers, had 2 great headline slots in 2007 and 2009 and the crowd loved them? I would love to see the likes of Travis and Franz playing also. We can also keep living in hope that Bowie or Macca headlines the Sunday night?

I might have taken your thoughts allot more seriously if it wasn't for the fact that you don't know who Avicii is, as it is though you are clearly are in no position to talk about music in the present day.

There is very little cases in music where you deserve ridicule over liking an artist, especially one of the best in their genre.

Not knowing who Avicii is though? Sit doon.

Edited by Gparsfan

I might have taken your thoughts allot more seriously if it wasn't for the fact that you don't know who Avicii is, as it is though you are clearly are in no position to talk about music in the present day.

There is very little cases in music where you deserve ridicule over liking an artist, especially one of the best in their genre.

Not knowing who Avicii is though? Sit doon.

Edited by thetime

Does anyone actually believe the titp survey means anything? The organisers won't take a blind bit of notice.

i'd say you're wrong, with you being wrong because you misunderstand the point of the poll.

The poll is not being done to give Ellis a definitive list of bands to go and book - because some of those acts won't be available to book.

Instead, the poll is being done to give an indication of the sorts of acts that majority opinion is wanting, so that Ellis can book a line-up that matches those wants (but not necessarily with the exact acts that are listed as wanted).

And finally, people should have realised by now that the sorts of acts which tend to come up top in places like here are not necessarily how the poll will pan out for all who give their choices. The huge numbers that went to see the likes of Olly Murs this year shows that the poll is likely to be massively more in that direction than in (say) the Springsteen direction. Like it or not, the short-term future of music is the likes of Murs.

The organisers are interested in penny counting as much as head counting, so I doubt the poll works on a one man, one vote basis. The younger age groups will be easier to get in the door but the older age group is likely to have more money to spend - maybe three or four times as much per head given the prices for The Residence.

So, I expect more pop and dance on the NME and main stage, but also expect one of the tents to be running a T classic schedule, with pop, indie, rock and dance from the past 20 years. This should appeal to both age groups in the right numbers.

Most likely Main headliner is Blur, if available, as its a safe choice and links in with the 20 year celebration as they played the first year.

might as well ask it on here as there is an oracle of music, who the f*** is avicii and why should i care about knowing who he/she is?

Most likely Main headliner is Blur, if available, as its a safe choice and links in with the 20 year celebration as they played the first year

Scottish night....PLEASE NO

Fri-NME-Deadmau5,artic monkeys

Main stage-Fatboy slim,madness

Saturday-NME-Public enemy,Daft punk

Main stage-Metallica,Paul mcartney

Sunday-NME-ocean colour scene,prodigy

Main stage-blur,Sex pistols

Primal scream,justice and chas and status in the slam

Muse,the view,bloc party,wu tang clan,inspiral carpets,the vaccines in king tuts

Dream band--oasis

Edited by Lor1

Fri-NME-Deadmau5,madness

Main stage-Fatboy slim,metallica

Saturday-NME-Public enemy,sex pistols

Main stage-Artic monkeys,Paul mcartney

Main stage-blur,Primal scream

Daft punk,justice and chas and status in the slam

Muse,the view,bloc party,wu tang clan,new order,the vaccines in king tuts

Dream band--oasis

Fri-NME-Deadmau5,artic monkeys

Main stage-Fatboy slim,madness

Saturday-NME-Public enemy,Daft punk

Main stage-Metallica,Paul mcartney

Main stage-blur,Sex pistols

Primal scream,justice and chas and status in the slam

Muse,the view,bloc party,wu tang clan,inspiral carpets,the vaccines in king tuts

Dream band--oasis

I really don't think Radiohead are what T needs nor wants. Every year I go with a group of around 50 friends, we're typical TITP audience and I'd say only about 5 of us would be interested in Radiohead. The vast majority of people want "here we fucking go", moshpits, dancing etc. and Radiohead don't deliver that. I think they're a lot less popular in Scotland than in England.

I do fully expect a Scottish day on the Friday. Something along these lines:

Biffy Clyro

Paolo Nutini

Franz Ferdinand

Fratellis

Proclaimers