T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

Some of the "HEADLINE acts" are interesting...

Beyonce

Bon Jovi

Bruce Springsteen

Dr Dre

Metallica

Prince

Pearl jam

Rhianna

Robbie Williams

Roger Waters

Stevie Wonder

Take That

The Cure

Rolling Stones

U2

Some of those I never thought I would see near that list. Or close to T... Interesting choices there.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the survey

Headliners - Daft Punk, Green day, Muse

Major Acts- Linkin Park (suprised that was an option), Deadmau5, Foster the People

Out of the box - House of Pain (know they were there in 2010 but were actually really good

Breakthrough- King Charles (would love to see him again), Adelites Way (Have success in America but not here hence i still class as new) and Geoff Ellis doing a karaoke set

Sad reading after T posted this on facebook, from the replies to that, our most likely acts would be something like

Headlining - Eminem, Rihanna and Daft Punk

Major - Mumford and sons, Avicii, Calvin Harris

:mellow:

Edited by thetime

Headliners:

Biffy

Killers

Green Day (almost went for Robbie Williams, because let's be honest, it would be great fun)

Major:

Jack White

Queens of the Stone Age

At The Drive-In

Interested to see that Franz Ferdinand weren't in any of the drop down menus. So I put them in the out of the box... box.

Really weird. I thought sub too but then my head almost exploded at who could headline above him.

Like who would fit/want to play above him/be big enough/ still be "T"?

In fact he probably will never play T but this is fun.

Edited by frankblack

Ellis really needs to pull something out of the bag for me to want to buy a ticket now (I've had freebies the last few years). I'm getting too old for the Examples/Tinies of this world and if T is going to go down that root for "the kids" fair enough. If it still has its sights set on keeping us oldies happy then he needs to bring in the Boss, Prince, The Cure, ACDC etc. Time will tell but I reckon it will be something like The Killers, Kings of Leon, Biffy and Rihanna.

Nut, they were shite enough this year.

So, Oasis?

Well seing as Kasabian were outstanding, I'd be pretty chuffed if someone put on a show half as great next year.

Awful lineup. That genuinely would kill TiTP.

You're very funny and witty.

/sarcasm.

You mean to say that you are shocked, that a festival which styles itself around bands an artists which are big in the present day, has fans who want acts who are big in the present day, to play at it?

Wow.

Wow.

He got put into the survey to see if his stock has risen any sinse last year. If (as it's quite likely) barely anyone choses him, Ellis won't bother wasting a headline spot on him, if(as is extremely unlikely) he comes in the top 3/5 he'll try and book him.

That won't happen though.

I had Arctic Monkeys and Muse down as two of the headliners, can't remember the third.

Had Biffy and Mumford down as the other major acts, think Rhianna would've been the third.

As other I put Example, put on a fantastic show this year.

So because mine and everyone else's opinions are different from yours you find it acceptable to ridicule ours? Maybe you don't like what I chose but I personally don't care because there are plenty of others that do like them. Maybe I didn't like half the shit that was at T this year but still went because there was a few bands that I wanted to see but as you do amazingly put it "it would be the death of T" No, no it would not because if they survived this year that they can sure as hell do it again no problem. Other people have said that most people going to it these days don't give a shit about the music they just want to go and get drunk/take drugs so it won't die if that's the case. I would also like to hear what you put down on the survey I presume it will be Snow Patrol, Kasabian and The Killers.