T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've love to see Prince headline as he's a bit of a Leg-end, and also not played T before. However, doesn't he have quite strict rules about when they can start to promote him appearing on the bill? Ellis likes to announce the line up in Feb, and to pay that amount of money for a performer, but not be able to sell tickets until very near the event might be a drawback (also does he fit T demographic). Radiohead would be amazing too, but think they prefer venues / events that have decent public transport etc. However, I'd looooove to see them there next year. Another band that would be good, and go with the reformed theme, would be Suede. Been surprised they haven't played T so far, would be great as 2nd, 3rd on Main or headlining NME. I think we all want to think that T will pull out all the stops for next year, but they are at the mercy of who's playing at the time, what dates fit in with artist's schedules, and also who would shift tickets. Fingers crossed with no Olympics / Glastonbury returning etc the musical landscape will be a bit more interesting next year!!!

Edited by biglebowski86

Was just thinking Blur, even though it wasnt a full show was still one of my fave T sets, would happily have them back could see them playing Leeds/Reading too. Actually dont see Oasis getting back for some time, Noel seems quite content doing his own thing at the moment. Love Radiohead but its debatable whether they would give a 'headline' safe set, and if they would even want to play somewhere like T.

I've love to see Prince headline as he's a bit of a Leg-end, and also not played T before. However, doesn't he have quite strict rules about when they can start to promote him appearing on the bill? Ellis likes to announce the line up in Feb, and to pay that amount of money for a performer, but not be able to sell tickets until very near the event might be a drawback (also does he fit T demographic). Radiohead would be amazing too, but think they prefer venues / events that have decent public transport etc. However, I'd looooove to see them there next year. Another band that would be good, and go with the reformed theme, would be Suede. Been surprised they haven't played T so far, would be great as 2nd, 3rd on Main or headlining NME. I think we all want to think that T will pull out all the stops for next year, but they are at the mercy of who's playing at the time, what dates fit in with artist's schedules, and also who would shift tickets. Fingers crossed with no Olympics / Glastonbury returning etc the musical landscape will be a bit more interesting next year!!!

Yeah, I think at festivals like T in the Park bands know that the crowd just want the hits.

Playing new stuff and experimenting should be left for their own tours it just makes more sense.

That is why Radiohead won't play. As they will want to play their King of Limbs setlist which would go down like a lead balloon at T.

Wouldnt say BDO is a big indication of who could headline, just going by their lineup history there isnt any huge matches baring 1-2 http://en.wikipedia....s_by_year#2012. Cant see RHCP kicking about next summer for some reason, as pointed out previously their stadium tour didnt perform well and their album wasnt considered a success, in this country at least. Would agree that The Killers and the 'Scottish' theme/friday are possible, backed up with Geoff saying hes looking at a lot of scottish acts, though maybe not headlining - http://www.nme.com/n...he-smiths/64724

Yeah I wasn't sure if there was a correlation between playing BDO and any other festivals, but The Killers are bound to play in my view. Also seen the Yeah Yeah Yeahs on that bill, so I'm guessing there's new material coming from them which would make them an appealing booking.

On another note, saw Bloc Party at the Garage for their 'reunion' gig, was brilliant. They'd be great at T again, perhaps a Tuts headliner

Edited by Chiefski

The Killers will be this years Kasabian.......It's what T does :P (Plus the scots love them fo some reason :P).

New album out in September , playing V this year, very much a band that does the rounds on festivals :P

Could even do Glasto and T..( andHRC again :lol:)

(Small chance of Reading & Leeds grabbing them instead, so I guess that would in part depend on when they do a US/Euro Tour.)

The Killers will be this years Kasabian.......It's what T does :P (Plus the scots love them fo some reason :P).

New album out in September , playing V this year, very much a band that does the rounds on festivals :P

Could even do Glasto and T..( andHRC again :lol:)

(Small chance of Reading & Leeds grabbing them instead, so I guess that would in part depend on when they do a US/Euro Tour.)

Pretty much for the first time I think :lol: ...though from one of Geoffs interview, it sounds like his not quite thinking a Scottish band will headline soon, Biffy might sub.

Muse I am unsure about, you can never tell with them. Think they will end up doing V but I suppose could do T. (But I don't think they particularly like doing T as they are all about the light show? Wasn't that why they didn't play for ages before last time?)

Biffy didn't headline though, they were 3rd from top which is the highest they've ever played. Maybe I picked you up wrong, but they'll have been away for three years with a new double-album, plus have headlined Rockness and played high slots at Sonisphere (headliners?) and Download. They will headline, its a shoe-in.

Do Muse have a new album out or something, alot of folk seem to be tipping them

Biffy didn't headline though, they were 3rd from top which is the highest they've ever played. Maybe I picked you up wrong, but they'll have been away for three years with a new double-album, plus have headlined Rockness and played high slots at Sonisphere (headliners?) and Download. They will headline, its a shoe-in.

Do Muse have a new album out or something, alot of folk seem to be tipping them

Friday:

Main Stage -Biffy Clyro/Franz Ferdinand/Paolo Nutini/The Fratellis/Twin Atlantic

NME/Radio 1 - Dizzee Rascal/Friendy Fires

King Tuts - Justice/Knife Party

Saturday:

Main Stage - The Killers/Mumford & Sons/Ed Sheeran

NME/Radio 1 - Chase & Status/Calvin Harris

King Tuts - No Doubt/Hot Chip

Sunday:

Main Stage - Muse/Bloc Party/Maroon 5/You Me At Six

NME/Radio 1 - Deadmau5/Skrillex

King Tuts - The Vaccines/Noah and the Wale

I'm still praying for Bowie... I know it's probably not gonna happen but I live in hope of seeing him one day...

I can see them having some acts from the first ever T (Bjork? Texas? Manics) or them trying to secure an act from every year (even if its a smaller one) gives them an excuse to repeat headliners and can imagine the spreads in the program about the previous years they've played)