2018 replies to this topic

#1 STEatT

STEatT

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

I know this is early but just thought i'd get the topic started! A few of us are looking to go next year... Anyone know when flights come out? Were planning to book in September hopefully. Thinking of Manchester to Alicante unless cheap flights to Valencia come up. Then get the transfer through eufest! Not gonna buy the festival tickets themselves until December/January time.

Bring it on :)

#2 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Never to early reading/leeds forum have had a 2013 thread for about 6 months and 2012 is still a month away yet.

Got my ticket, took the gamble and see what we get.

Been looking at hotels, unsure if were going to go the hotel or camping route. Really fancy a hotel but feel you miss something in a festival if you dont camp. The heat wont be a problem as rock werchter 2010 was around the 40c mark.

Started looking at flights although they dont go up to july, I think if you book early enough you will get london to barca for about a hundred quid or manc to barca for about 140 quid.

#3 STEatT

STEatT

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Can get Manc to Barca/Alicante with Jet2 and Monarch think both around the £150 mark. Gonna wait till September though and see what Ryanair and EasyJet offers though.

Been to T in the Park the last three years and as much as I love it I think change is needed haha.

#4 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Can get Manc to Barca/Alicante with Jet2 and Monarch think both around the £150 mark. Gonna wait till September though and see what Ryanair and EasyJet offers though.

Been to T in the Park the last three years and as much as I love it I think change is needed haha.

Done rock werchter for last 3 years and time for a change myself, friends have done beni before and love it. Music and sunshine certainly appeal, Was going to go myslef this year but the wifes dad passed away and couldnt really leave her for 7/8 days so changed to rock werchter.

3 or 4 days on the beach and then a mucic festival, bring it on!

#5 Welshyyy

Welshyyy

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

We're still here, well in Barcelona in a 'posh' hotel so out of place aha! Loved 2012, even though it was hot, sweaty and got infections all over (foot, toe, arm) but will definitely be going next year hopefully with alot more us of us, buying my ticket as soon as I get home either way :) counting down the days already ;p
Hopefully get cheap flights and hotels again aswell and make a full holiday out of it like we have this time.

#6 STEatT

STEatT

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

When did you book flights last year and was it completely worth it? Really wish I went this year now :(

#7 rug568

rug568

AWESOM-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

When did you book flights last year and was it completely worth it? Really wish I went this year now :(

i booked quite late so ended up spending around £160 on flights, about £500 overall. No regrets at all. You have to go.

#8 rug568

rug568

AWESOM-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Never to early reading/leeds forum have had a 2013 thread for about 6 months and 2012 is still a month away yet.

Got my ticket, took the gamble and see what we get.

Been looking at hotels, unsure if were going to go the hotel or camping route. Really fancy a hotel but feel you miss something in a festival if you dont camp. The heat wont be a problem as rock werchter 2010 was around the 40c mark.

Started looking at flights although they dont go up to july, I think if you book early enough you will get london to barca for about a hundred quid or manc to barca for about 140 quid.

There were some older people camping, but the festival is orientated to younger people. I think you would be fine if you went expecting it.

It is quite loud, the earliest i got to bed was at 5 in the morning.

#9 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

There were some older people camping, but the festival is orientated to younger people. I think you would be fine if you went expecting it.

It is quite loud, the earliest i got to bed was at 5 in the morning.

What were the prices like there? beer especially.

#10 rug568

rug568

AWESOM-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

What were the prices like there? beer especially.

this is the best bit.

1 700ml bottle of vodka- 4 euors

12 cans of 330 ml lager- 5.50 euros.

That's from the supermarket, in the arena and campsite it's 7.50 for a litre.

#11 STEatT

STEatT

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Heard the supermarkets are cheap so you don't need to worry about bringing anything over i.e. spirits! How much spending did you take? I tend to live off cheap alcohol and small bites of food abroad anyway so its not too much of a problem for me :)

#12 chel

chel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Heard the supermarkets are cheap so you don't need to worry about bringing anything over i.e. spirits! How much spending did you take? I tend to live off cheap alcohol and small bites of food abroad anyway so its not too much of a problem for me :)

Got back yesterday, had my 20 hours kip hahah. Sickest week of my life. I took 240 expecting to get money out of my bank and that lasted me, this was without buying drugs tho so if you were wanting drugs each night you'd need a good 150 more. Some folk who stumble into your camp site at 7am were offering it out for free tho cos they were ruined ha.

I didn't realise how festival orientated the town would be, there were loads of shops selling things like tents, lilos, chairs etc. Even the restaurants had made menus in English calling it the "fib special" lol, we just bought loads of baguettes from the supermarket and made loads of sandwiches, so much nicer and cheaper.

Only bad thing was I got my purse robbed but it only had 2 pound and loads of copper from England so it got handed in. Never been to a fest abroad before and it was weird to experience such a friendly vibe even tho most people were English. Was deffo expecting more Spanish people there but ended up running into loaaaads of people that me and all my mates knew cos there was so many manc there.

Won't be going next year unfortunately, going glasto and maybe outlook instead. Deffo recommend it tho

Edited by chel, 17 July 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#13 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

Has anyone took a pop up tent on airlines? Can you just tape it on your rucksack or does it have to be seperate?

#14 PastCaring

PastCaring

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

Has anyone took a pop up tent on airlines? Can you just tape it on your rucksack or does it have to be seperate?

Ryanair make you book it in as outsized luggage.

#15 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Ryanair make you book it in as outsized luggage.

Is that a lot more expensive?

#16 Welshyyy

Welshyyy

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Jet2 made me book it in at outsized luggage and cost no extra,
Also about the booze in the arena/camping
It was 12.50 for a litre of spirit and soft drink, worth it when they just free pour and put about 8 shots in though,
Then 7.50 for a litre of beer or 2.5 for a half,
At the supermarket
7 for a bottle of bourbon or whiskey
4 for vodka
5 for peach snapps then
The larger we bought was 3 for 12 :P but it was awful, epically when I warmed up after a while.

#17 rug568

rug568

AWESOM-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

drugs were quite expensive.

what the dealer claimed was a gram of MDMA was 50 euros. To be fair it was quite good stuff, easily could go half.

weed was mixed. Some had been vaporised so it was a bit shit.

#18 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Looking at the easy tent benicassim supply, expensive but saves buying one and carrying.

#19 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Then 7.50 for a litre of beer or 2.5 for a half,

Couldn't you buy 2 halfs for a third cheaper?

#20 rug568

rug568

AWESOM-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

glamping looked decent if you had the money. it was 50 euros and they set the tent up etc. and you even had a pool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users