Glastonbury 2012 - anyone else been/going?

Guest xploit

I would be surprised if the railway line is still a public right of way. I think the festival has carefully expanded to the limits of the boundaries of rights of way over recent years and the super fence couldn't get much bigger without cutting across one.

That being said the locals did advise me to use the railway line as a good way of visiting the site. At the West end there is a lane cutting across it and you can climb a gate opposite a house that has been built slap bang in the middle of the line. Very odd.

I would always ask the festival office for permission though before using the railway line and treat it as private land.

I would be surprised if the railway line is still a public right of way. I think the festival has carefully expanded to the limits of the boundaries of rights of way over recent years and the super fence couldn't get much bigger without cutting across one.

it's possible to get temporary closure notices for rights of way, so I presume that's what the festival does.

gallery_131133_1128_1495056.jpg

Here is a picture of the much debated railway line looking toward Steanbow near Gate D.

gallery_131133_1128_1648760.jpg

And here is a shot of the Pyramid from Worthy Lane taken Saturday 23rd June 2012. One of the best views in the world!

Hope the uploads work this time. Thanks for all the guidance.