TITP Music only thread

Guest devilman

No mud or ned comments please, who did you see and how were they. Here's my take on who I saw:

Darkness - The sound sucked. too quiet and distorted. Justin tried hard and won the crowd over. I loved how everybody was screaming for the Christmas song.

Pulled apart by Horses - Good but not the festival high I was expecting.

BJM - Great sound except fro the vocals. I was really expecting to love this band yet something was missing. Maybe if they played the songs posted on the TITP forum (RIP) then it would have been better.

New Order - I had forgotten that some of their stuff was bland 80s blanket pop. Love will tear us apart and Blue Monday were special though in the halcyon days before the deluge. :)

Shed 7 - great. They always are. Wish they'd played Speak Easy and Standby.

The Wailers - One of my "moments" of the weekend. Great sound, great crowd, great songs. Awesome.

Alabama shakes - my find of the weekend. Never heard them before but dang she can sing. Very good.

Simple Minds - They turned up and played and didn't play badly but meh!

Enter Shikari - Brilliant! Much better live than their records. Will be checking much more of their stuff out.

Noel - I wish he would smile more but a solid set performed well. Very good.

Stone Roses - I still don't get the hype but everybody else seemed to love it. Brown sang well enough and Manny is awesome.

Spector - Weak bar their 2 big songs. I quite enjoyed them though.

Frank Turner - Great showman and performer. I didn't want to like his stuff because he reminds me of Billy Bragg but I have left a fan which I wasn't when I went.

Happy Mondays - Party time! Great performance sound and crowd.

Band of Skulls - Band of the weekend for me. We had started drinking wine by this time to use up the tokens so that may have influenced it but they proper hit my spot.

Rev and Makers - great set performed well that had us bouncing more than anyone else over the weekend.

Kasabian - Answered all their critics (including me) of their repeat headliner status. They kicked ass and I left for the campsite a contented man feeling the love. Brilliant.

The Darkness- Really big fan managed to get in the golden circle and it was perfect. Knew every song and was a fitting start for me.

Miike Snow- Only heard Paddling Out before i went to see them and they were great enjoyed most of their songs.

The Cribs- Had some decent songs their fans are all arseholes. One girl stuck a fag into the back of a guy who was standing at the barrier beside one of my friends because "She was there first".

New Order- After standing at the barrier through Miike Snow and The Cribs for New Order they came on. It was fantastic and i thought they played really well. Blue Monday, Age of Consent, True Faith, Regret and Love Will Tear Us Apart was great.

The Wailers- Pushed through the rain to see them in the end it was worth it to hear 5 or so of Bob Marley's big hits. Could of done with Redemption Song. Beyond that they were fantastic.

Enter Shikari- Missed the first 3 songs the ones that i had wanted to hear. But i still enjoyed the set none the less.

We are Augustines- Brilliant band will be checking more of their stuff out soon.

We were promised Jetpack- Reminded me of a mix between Placebo and The Smashing Pumpkins only saw half their set because i was jumping over to the main stage to see Noel.

Noel Gallagher- He was great the first few songs up to Everybody on the Run were quite bland but everyone after that helped to pass the time. If i had a gun, Whatever, Little by Little and Don't look back in anger were all great. (Couldn't resist singing Imagine by John Lennon at the start of Don't look back in Anger.)

The Stone Roses- Everything was perfect the only downside on my part was they never played Bye Bye Badman to complete the whole first album! I would have liked that but they were fantastic beyond that very good sing along.

Changing Horses- 1 good song newish band so i've heard didn't like them much.

Vigo Thieves- Well worth the watch and wait for them being announced. I walked out with my friend after they finished and i said to him they are going to be massive some day.

Happy Mondays- From the second Bez came on to introduce them to the end of Wrote for Luck i had the best time. The crowd yes filled with out their face w*nkers most of the time. Even saw a guy getting punched. But i had a great time Step on and Kinky Afro were amazing live.

Admiral Fallow- Went to see them to pass the time between Happy Mondays and Elbow. They were great and having seen them before knew they were going to be but happier this time that they played more than just 4 songs. Will be seeing them again.

Elbow- Started watching them when their set had about 45 minutes left. Bit boring but Guy Garvey's voice does not change at all from the album to him singing live. He is an amazing singer really talented. So i focused on that One day like this and Grounds for divorce were good as always.

Only missed a few bands due to laziness and being tired or clashes those being Frank Turner, Simple Minds, Alabama Shakes and Kasabian.

Only went Saturday and some of my memories are a bit fuzzy so here goes.

Alt-J: not bad but only stayed for 3 songs to hear something a but more upbeat.

Shed 7: caught a few songs but was soaked so left to get drinks (and buy a new t-shirt) never really knew them so glad I caught what I did.

The Wailers: something to definitely check out if you ever can - was actually surprised at how many songs I knew.

Simple Minds: Good for a few sing alongs - glad I saw dont you forget about me live a but after all these years that song still makes me crave a pint of milk!

Vaccines: good for the songs I knew, which is my own fault as haven't gotten round to buying the album yet - was on the Vodafone platform for this so had a good view. Enjoyed watching folk dancing/rolling in the mud during the lulls in the set (this was the point when I was a bit boozy)

Jessie J: not my kind of act but always seem to get dragged to a pop act at T - was good for a drunken sing along.

Noel: Brilliant, Everyone singing don't look back in anger will stay with me for a long time.

Stone Roses: still speechless - cant believe I saw them. Can't get over the brilliant set! All the hits. Thought the crowd would be more into it, but maybe that was just the area I was in. This was actually the gig of my day/year/lifetime!

Man, I spent A LOT of time at the main stage (never, ever done that before)

Also saw someone playing in the Morgan's tent - dont know who it was but that was good for a bounce about and a cocktail.

Third T in a row for me and must say it was the best yet, probably down to the crowd that I was with.

From what I can remember of who I seen is:

The Darkness - Who doesnt like them? agree with the sound not being great but I put it down to the wind on the friday? We were side stage so we had easy access for the bars/toilets and it was fine there for sound.

Kaiser Cheifs - Stayed main stage due to Feeder pulling out (proper gutted about this!) and thought they smashed it, had the crowd going, good stage presence and got me in the mood for the weekend ahead.

Example - walked around for a bit as we weren't too interested in anyone playing at the time but a friend suggested just staying at the back and catching a bit of Example, not a massive fan but like some of his tunes, thought he was good enough to watch.

The Cribs - Thought they were great and this is where I lost my voice, sounded great. (I heard a few stories about some of the crowd being knobs like the cig on the neck - wow probably one of the most disrespectful things to do to someone besides spitting on them - but don't tar all their fans with the same brush)

Sven Vath - Decided to see him over Snow Patrol partly down to seeing SP before and I am a semi-fan but don't think they are anywhere near good enough to headline, also the drink had taken over by then so fancied a little rave/dance. Great decision I must add the tent was banging, wee highlight was when a guy(probably out his face) was sleeping against the front barrier then the camera caught him and he got a nudge from a friend then woke up and was delighted to be on screen lol!

Saturday

Drybrough Soul Band AKA The View - Thought they were a great 'surprise' to open the stage and would love for T to start doing something like that. We are all massive fans of them so was great sing a long/jump around even in the downpour

The Courteeners - Forgot how good they were! Got me back into listening to them again, Not 19 Forever was a brilliant sing-a-long.

The Vaccines - Brilliant, better than last year when I thought the lead singer was vocally that great but thought they were brilliant this year.

Noel G HFB's - Noel IS GOD, that is all. (Was quite gutted about the clash with Two Door but there is only 1 winner out of the 2!)

Calvin Harris - Not a big stone roses fan apart from the famous songs and also don't think Ian Brown can sing(been told he was brilliant from friends who went) also the drink had taken over so fancied a wee dance. Thought Calvin smashed it, so much better than last year which I thought he was excellent anyway.

Sunday

Miles Kane - WOW, I'm a huge fan, seen him 4 or 5 times and every time he has smashed it and put on a great show getting the crowd going.

The Enemy - Only caught half the set due to people needing a drink/loo break, as with Miles i'm a huge fan and from the songs we heard they sounded great from the back of the tent.

Nicki 'doesnt have a watch' Minaj - Don't get me started! Decided to leave watching Elbow as I only know a few songs and think they are more of a sunny day band, and a few of the girls wanted to see the Swedes so we thought we'd go see a bit of Nicki's ass then head to get a good spot for Kasabian. Wish I had watched Elbow! To not explain why you were late or even apologise is just down right horrible no matter who you are. Some parents stood for almost an hour in the cold with their kids to see her.

Kasabian - I take back what I said about having them back so soon and I'm actually gutted I never seen them 2 year ago. Amazing band, first time seeing them like and Tom Meighan is a great front man! Great way to end a great weekend for myself!

Overall - Thought the Line-up was weak but think this is down to overspending last year and on the roses, also with no Glasto a lot of the bigger acts probably didn't fancy coming to scotland for a small payday rather than a few paydays from other festivals. Still had an amazing weekend regardless of the line-up/weather and got to see a good few bands even if I was a bit intoxicated :P

Third T in a row and never seen any bother, obviously know it happens as someone on my football team got punched at Tinie Tempah, I did encounter a twat in the Slam Tent who as he walked passed me I turned to a friend to ask to get a picture with me and the girls we were with but the guy thought I said something to him etc... nothing came of it but just a twat who was probably had too much and was looking for trouble!

If the same crowd of us head there next year i'll be back, expecting a massively scottish heavy line-up though with it being T20, Probably along the lines of Biffy, Paolo and Franz Ferdinand as headliners.

The Darkness - Sound was relatively poor obviously still teething problems being the first band and all but enjoyed it especially the belting out of I Believe in a Thing Called Love which seemed to be the only song the majority were there for but a good start nonetheless

Kaiser Chiefs - One of the acts of the weekend for me, so much energy and the crowd were right into it, couldn't really fault them at all and it proved to be a good singalong

Pulled Apart By Horses - Really didn't do it for me at all, probably the worst act I saw all weekend mainly due to it just not being my kind of music

The Temper Trap - Wow can that man hit a note was absolutely perfect, pity the crowd wasnt too into it but I was left thoroughly impressed

Example - Saw the end of his set and really wish I had been in amongst the main part of the crowd because it looked wild, thought he was excellent especially at getting the crowd going

The Cribs - Didn't know much of their stuff but they sounded fine and was a good time killer

Professor Green - Went for the end of his set to catch the songs I would know and it turned out pretty well, obviously wasnt expecting miracles but I took it for what it was and it was a good laugh

The Blackout - Well impressed by the blackout loved the energy and banter with the relatively small crowd and it genuinely was quite funny

Snow Patrol - Had to catch at least some of them as I have been a fan for a long time and to be honest the flak they were taking before T was very uncalled for, thought they put on a great show and managed to get the crowd going despite having pretty sombre toned songs

Randolphs Leap - Knew a guy in my work whose friend played in this band so caught them as they were early on and for a band just starting out they were very good hope to hear a lot more from them in future

The View - Had heard mixed reports about their live performance but I was left impressed as they sounded pretty much identical to themselves on record so being a fan I was happy

Blood Red Shoes - Again didn't know much of their stuff but was glad I caught them, great sound

Shed Seven - Absolutely immense, apart from a laughable first 15 seconds where they forgot to turn on his mic it was a fantastic show

The Wailers - Again amazing, played hit after hit of Bob Marley classics and were bang on sound wise, singer was extremely good aswell

Childish Gambino - What an act! Cant wait to see him again he is just a class act disappointed I only caught the end of his set

Emeli Sande - Not a huge fan but she sounded fine

Rizzle Kicks - Hate both their singles but watched highlights of them at Hackney weekend and thought they put on a good show and it was exactly the same at TITP great afternoon bounce around

The Vaccines - Saw the first 15 mins and was really gutted I couldn't have stayed but really wanted to see Enter Shikari but they sounded awesome

Enter Shikari - Amazing! Definitely top 5 acts of the weekend for me, couldn't fault them at all

The Maccabees - Werent quite as good as I was expecting but definitely not awful either

Noel Gallagher - Brilliant, second time seeing him and he was equally as good if not better than before

The Stone Roses - The crowd made this gig, they were right into it from the word go belting out some real classics, only real disappointment was a 15 minute middle section mainly them ripping the arse out of Fools Gold and then playing the lesser known Somethings Burning and without that it would have been even better but having said that it was a minor flaw in an otherwise awesome performance

Twin Atlantic - Not a patch on last year at TITP, his voice didnt sound as good and the setlist wasnt nearly as good either, slightly disappointing

Fun. - What can I say the majority of people there were there for one song including myself but man what a show they put on despite the crowd knowing very little else, when they played We Are Young it sent shivers down my spine just how well the crowd reacted

James Morrison - Mainly just caught him while waiting around, only know like 2 of his songs but the man has some voice on him

Josh Osho - Again one for the future sounded very good

Bombay Bicycle Club - Listened to them on record and was not impressed but their live show cannot be faulted sounded extremely good and I was left with a very different view

Keane - Great performance, this band is a favourite of mine and definitely didnt disappoint

Band of Skulls - Thought they were ok nothing too special

Miles Kane - Caught the end but definitely want to see more he sounded awesome

The Enemy - The crowd for the enemy is always so amazing that I am left speechless every time and a rocking king tuts was no different loved the performance, loved the atmosphere and loved the setlist pretty much faultless

Elbow - Dont know anything of them bar One Day Like This but sounded decent

Anderson, McGinty, Webster, Ward and Fisher - Definitely my new band of the weekend for a half hour slot in T break they sounded like professionals who had been performing forever very very good

Swedish House Mafia - Went to see them mainly for the fact they were splitting up just to saw I saw them, tried to get into but really not my thing so left after about half an hour, cant really fault their tape recorder

The Horrors - Sound was awful, could have been more enjoyable if I could hear what the lead singer was singing but didn't enjoy at all

Kasabian - Biggest surprise of the weekend I had listened to them recorded and live before I went and was adament they were terrible but caught 45 of their set and I was completely blown away what an awesome show and was left with a completely changed attitude

The Darkness: as everyone else has said, sound was off, but it was great fun nonetheless.

Kaiser Chiefs: went because Feeder pulled out and loved it. Just as good live as they've always been. Such a good festival band.

Pulled Apart By Horses: One of the sets of the weekend for me. Been excited for months to see them and they didn't disappoint. Impromptu dance off always a bonus.

I then wandered around the arena while my friends were at The Cribs. Saw bits of acts all over the shop.

Florence + The Machine: Seemed on good form, not much else to say really.

Professor Green: Didn't think he was as good as when I saw him in Edinburgh. Crowd seemed to be loving it though.

Bwani Junction: Hadn't really listened to them before, but they had some decent sounding tunes so I settled here. Sat on the floor and chatted to some stoned bloke. It was pretty funny.

Met my friends and went to see Tinie Tempah. Pretty dull. A few of us left after about 20 minutes, watched about 5 minutes of Snow Patrol, got even more bored and went to the campsite.

Started Saturday with Alt-J as some friends wanted to see them. I was bored out of my skull. If the drummer used some cymbals, it would really lift the whole sound into something great.

Woodenbox: only caught the last 4 songs, but they were brilliant. Atmosphere in BBC Introducing was really warm and everyone was having a great time.

Flux Pavilion: Stood near the back, perhaps I would have enjoyed it more if I'd been right down the front.

Nina Gesbitt or something: Horrendous. I went as I wanted a good spot for Vukovi, but this was painful. The replacement for Bo Bruce was a miming, talentless lady with songs which were blunt and unimaginative. Worst act I've ever seen. Ever.

Vukovi: Absolutely brilliant. The moment they walked on to the T Break stage, they owned it. Like the Lafontaines last year, the band had the crowd in the palm of their hand. Can't wait to see them again.

Fatherson: Another Scottish band, another success. Much like Vukovi, Fatherson knew what they were doing and absolutely stormed the BBC Introducing stage.

Enter Shikari: Great fun, but not as good as at their own concert. I had to keep finding the pockets of Enter Shikari fans, as there seemed to be a lot of people there for The Courteeners and Two Door Cinema Club who just didn't get it.

The Maccabees: Enjoyed the set, but it was nothing special.

Two Door Cinema Club: I was really surprised by TDCC. Their live show is spectacular; old songs honed to perfection, and the new ones sounding fantastic. Live drums suit their sound much better than the electronic ones used on record.

Calvin Harris: Went because my friends were, but he was brilliant. Tuts was jam packed and the crowd went mental for him. Man climbing support pole was a I-cant-watch-but-I-cant-stop-watching moment.

Nicola Benedetti: Seemed like she was pretty good at the violin. Her sister was fit.

Mcfly: Sat through in wait for Twin Atlantic. Actually sort of enjoyed them though. They knew their place and played to that.

Twin Atlantic: I've seen them 4 times before, but this performance was a bit disappointing. They were very nervous, and the majority of the crowd was clearly only there for Free. Think they need a slot high in Tuts next time, would suit them better.

Bombay Bicycle Club: Hadn't listened to much of their stuff beforehand, but I was pleasantly surprised. Anyone know which song had the big drum solo in? Really enjoyed that one.

Miles Kane: Much like Bombay, I didn't know much. But holy crap, that didn't matter. The atmosphere in Tuts was on fire. Inhaler was predictably manic.

Chase And Status: Biggest disappointment of the weekend. Going on their performance in Tuts last year, we all went along for this. I wish I'd stayed in Tuts for The Enemy instead. Crowd was full of dicks where we were, and we ended up leaving halfway through to get pints.

Elbow: Really beautiful set. Guy is truly a great singer, and we all decided we wanted him as our uncle. Think I was the only person who cheered when he said Wales were louder at singing. Cymru am byth.

Kasabian: I was wary of missing Skrillex for this, but I was rewarded. Great atmosphere, great live band and stunning light show. I did get a bit bored towards the end of the main set, but the encore was all I could ask for.

The Stone Roses obviously, beyond happy I got to see them live, although lack of Ten Storey Love Song and Bye Bye Badman upset me a tad

Enter Shikari were brilliant, I was fucking miserable all day before they came on so they cheered me up

The crowd at Don't Look Back In Anger was amazing

Was steaming at The Darkness so enjoyed it more than I should've and was loving Justin's sexy pirate look

The Blackout were also really great especially being in a tent

Can't be bothered commenting on the rest and I left Sunday morning, but it was still a good weekend :lol:

The darkness - they started the weekend great for me, only knew a couple of their songs but we had a laugh and a good sing along

The temper trap - second time this year I've seen em as I'm a bit of a fan and I loved them again, great vocals.

Example - only caught the end of this, I'd seen em a few years back and enjoyed them and they sounded fine here too, the crowd were really into it.

Florence - also seen her earlier this year and she sounded pretty much the same, some good songs from both albums and had everybody in a good mood for snow patrol.

Snow patrol - couldn't really get away with them, ed Sheeran coming on was a nice surprise but other than that it was just standard fare of a few decent songs and a lot of fillers Inbetween, not a worthy headline act.

Jake bugg - loved this guy, like a modern day johnny cash, great vocals and some sweet song writing.

Ben Howard - I had high expectations for this guy and he didn't disappoint, incredible vocals and song writing, possibly my fav performance of the weekend and a packed king tuts tent seemed to agree, shame some piss head threw a pint at him mid way through his set.

Simple minds - only caught they end, good for a singalong

Jessie j - not really a fan but she has good vocals and again good for a pissed sing along

Emeli sande - very good vocals, one of the surprising performances of the weekend for me, really enjoyed her.

Noel Gallagher - cant really make my mind up, I enjoyed it but Noel is just such a miserable twat, he doesn't really play to the crowd at all, looks like he just wants to get on with it, get off and get paid.

Stone roses - I loved this, it was a fantastic moment and I'm glad I was there but I could see why a lot of people didn't get it, you needed to be a fan to enjoy it.

Maverick sabre - very good again, love his voice and has written some good songs

James Morrison - again great vocals and songs, enjoyed watching him

Keane - stood right at the front for this one, really enjoyed Keane I love some of their past work and he still has great vocals, loved it.

Chase and status - they have a lot of energy but let's be honest it's just chav music and the crowd got way too crazy, mud was being thrown everywhere, it was just too much after a long weekend of raid and mud.

I'm not an elbow or kasabian fan so I decided to beat the crowds and leave early, to be honest I'm glad I did. It was a decent weekend but a combination of shit weather, bad planning by the organisers, mediocre lineup and just an absolute huge abundance of dickheads everywhere firmly puts this T in the park at the top of the list for worst festival I've ever been to, it would take an astonishing line up to make me return.

Edited by Uber

Tribes - Great start to the weekend, got a decent turnout in the Transmissions Tent.

Example - I danced my way from Transmissions to King Tuts through Kickstarts, sounded decent but everyone I met who saw him said he was shite.

Miike Snow - Wanted a decent spot for The Cribs, only knew Animal but the rest of their stuff was really good.

The Cribs - Bit dull compared to previous times I've seen them, but still a great live band. Played Be Safe which is probably my favourite song. This is probs where I lost my voice aswell.

Tinie Tempah - Crowd pleaser, knows how to work an audience.

The Dryburgh Soul Band - Sounded remarkably similar to The View :cheese:

Ben Howard - Reduced me to tears. Perfect.

The Courteeners - Exceptional as always. Can't wait for the new album.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - The perfect set. Mucky Fingers, Talk Tonight, Little By Little, Whatever, Half the World Away, Don't Look Back In Anger. Plus the new stuff he's got. Loved every minute of it.

Calvin Harris - Seems to have ditched the I Created Disco stuff for the more current collaborations and remixes, but a great end to a Saturday night.

McFly - Out my face, loved every minute.

Twin Atlantic - Another who seem to have forgotten their roots. Maybe I'm a snob, but not one song from Vivarium or even Crash Land which is on the album. Plus there's something about Sam McTrusty's voice that I can't stand. I was there to see them at Futures in 2009 and they've gone downhill since, in my opinion.

James Morrison - Decent, that's all.

The Wanted - One of the surprises of the weekend. They know how to work a crowd and can actually sing.

Chase and Status - Mental.

Elbow - Guy Garvey seemed pissed off. They should have headlined Tuts.

Kasabian - Terrific end to the weekend. Played the songs that made them great. Truly great headliners.

Friday

Florence and the Machine - Alright, Songs got a little bit repetitive after a while, felt she was almost trying too hard to please the crowd. Amazing voice though.

Example - Whether it was the part we were standing in or what but honestly dont think he was that amazing, Seen him on his arena tour and he was much better then. People saying that he was amazing though so i reckon it was just the part we were in.

Tinie Tempah - 3rd time seeing him and again think he does better in the arenas. He knows how to get the crowd going but felt his set was abit rushed. Would have been better playing half of the songs and slowing it down abit. Loved his new stuff that he sang, cant wait for the next album.

Pro Green - Only heard one of his songs but he seemed ok, probably should have stayed longer.

Labrinth - Easily one of the top 5 performances of the weekend. AMAZING. Really got involved in the crowd and everyone seemed to love him. Was right at the front and it was mad. Would defo see him again

Cher Llyod - Only really went because she was on before labrinth but she was better than I thought. Looks so different in real life but wasnt bad at all

Dot Rotten - Really good, crowd wasnt really doing much but as soon as overload came on people started to move. Was probably on slightly too early, would have been better and hour or so later

Saturday

Two Door Cinema Club - Amazing. In my top 5. Crowd loved them, songs really got people going, the only time it got abit quiet was when they played there new stuff but you expect that. Had to be pulled out the crowd after because the crowd was that tight

The Courteeners - Never heard of them before but stood through the whole set and loved it. Similar to two door but loved there songs even though I had not heard of one before. Considering buying there album now

Enter Shikari - Not my type at all but my friend wanted to see them, Crowd was insane. wouldnt see them for the music but just for the crowd

Devlin - ok, the crowd was quiet, songs got repetitive but was a good filler when nothing else was on that I wanted to see

Calvin Harris - well, INCREDIBLE. one of the best crowds ive ever seen. he didnt really interact with the crowd but people were still going mad for him. in my top 5 for the weekend, would defo see again

j cole - similar to dappy, got abit repetitive but was a good filler. think most of the people were there for the acts after so didnt really know his music which was abit disappointing

chase and status - these were top of my list to see and it honestly was abit of a letdown. whether it was because of the people around me or the fact that rage really didnt do much but i was expecting so much more. after buying the brixon dvd and having on replay for weeks i thought these would have been a performance to remember. Personally i think they could handle the main stage and if they were back at king tuts they would have been the best out the weekend

SHM - i will remember that performance for the rest of my life. still got bruises from that crowd over 2 weeks later. even though it was raining the crowd was incredible. they really gave it all and i cant belive they are splitting. so glad i got to see them before they part though. fantastic way to end an amazing few days.

nicki minaj - only saw her last 2 songs. shocking. so glad I saw nero over her. miming the whole set. nothing more to say

rita ora - surprised at how good she was, considering it was the middle of the day she really got the crowd going and everyone seemed to love her. wouldnt be surprised if she was back next year performing at a higher level

nero - best decision out the whole weekend to see them instead of minaj, amazing. missed seeing them on there tour so was so happy to see them at T. amazing music, once again think being in king tuts made it worthwhile

Wish I could have seen -

Snow Patrol - Would have picked them over tinie tempah looking back now

Skrillex - just wanted to see the crowd on this one but there was no way i was leaving shm

david guetta - was intrested to see what he was like live but once again once I was in calvin harris there was no way I was leaving

What I found was the more dance/electronic/dubstep (hate to generalise) acts such as chase and status would have been much better in king tuts. some of the best performances happened there and personally I thought the atmosphere was much better.

Overall, so worth the 14 hour round trip, had an amazing weekend. no trouble at all, Scottish people some of the nicest people ive ever met. mud peed me off slightly but sort of expected it, would definitely considering going again.

Best Act - cant pick between SHM/Calvin Harris/Two Door

Worst Act - Nicki Minaj

Friday

The Darkness-Wasn't bad at all for Firday first thing, would've liked it if he had sang Christmas time but no point getting hung up over it, if I knew there songs I would've enjoyed it more.

Kaiser Cheifs-One of my highlights of the weekend, did not expect them to be that great but they were fantastic, the frontman was really kean and got the crowd going, good on him, one of my top 5

Example-Same category as the Kaiser Chiefs, wasn't expecting much but I really loved him, one of my top 3, just brilliant.

Olly Murs-I sang along to some of his songs, felt slightly gay but hey ho, the girlfriend loved him and so did her mates, he must have been doing something right.

Florence and the Machine-Awful,boring, repetitive, left after 20 minutes.

Snow Patrol-Not bad sing along at all! safe head liner for the Friday.

Saturday

The View-Didn't play much of there bigger stuff but still thought it was decent, would see them again.

Devlin-How shit is this guy?

Dappy-See Devlin

Jessie J-Thought she wasn't horrific tbh, not bad at all, allot better looking in real life aswell.

Noel Gallagher-I think the comparisons with God are quite unfair, I mean god never wrote "Don't look back in anger", he was just simply brilliant, my favourite one of the weekend, fantastic.

Stone Roses-See Dappy, I was amazed at how awful they were, I've loved them for years and I genuinely wish I'd never seen them live, Ian Brown was horrifically out of tune, playing two songs one after another which have 10 minute guitar solo's is never going to work in a festival. I give it two years before people realise that they're shit, and they'll retire again with a nice healthy wage packet.

Calvin Harris-Seen the second half of his set, looked decent, atmosphere was terrific.

Sunday

Fun:-Thought they were really good tbh! the sing along that they got going was immense, best I've ever seen in King tuts.

Jame Morrison:-Another good sing-along, burds loved him.

Chase and Status-Thought they were good, this may have been influenced on where I was in the crowd though, had a really good atmosphere around me

Elbow-I'm not sure he really worked tbh, everyone was on a high, totally buzzing after chase and status and he kinda killed the buzz, I didn't know much of his songs aswell so didn't find it all that great, he's got a good voice though and his tunes do sound o.k.

Kasabian- Thought they silenced anyone who doubted there credentials to headling again, utterly brilliant. Take not Ian Brown, Tom is 10 times the frontman and musician.

All ina ll not bad, I spent allot of time dotting around the T Break and Transmissions stage having a drink.

Wish I'd say Miles Kane and the Enemy,Labrinth(but he clashed with example)Emeli Sande and the Vaccines and Keane but hey ho, my loss.

God knows

Friday

The Darkness-Wasn't bad at all for Firday first thing, would've liked it if he had sang Christmas time but no point getting hung up over it, if I knew there songs I would've enjoyed it more.

Kaiser Cheifs-One of my highlights of the weekend, did not expect them to be that great but they were fantastic, the frontman was really kean and got the crowd going, good on him, one of my top 5

Example-Same category as the Kaiser Chiefs, wasn't expecting much but I really loved him, one of my top 3, just brilliant.

Olly Murs-I sang along to some of his songs, felt slightly gay but hey ho, the girlfriend loved him and so did her mates, he must have been doing something right.

Florence and the Machine-Awful,boring, repetitive, left after 20 minutes.

Snow Patrol-Not bad sing along at all! safe head liner for the Friday.

Saturday

The View-Didn't play much of there bigger stuff but still thought it was decent, would see them again.

Devlin-How shit is this guy?

Dappy-See Devlin

Jessie J-Thought she wasn't horrific tbh, not bad at all, allot better looking in real life aswell.

Noel Gallagher-I think the comparisons with God are quite unfair, I mean god never wrote "Don't look back in anger", he was just simply brilliant, my favourite one of the weekend, fantastic.

Stone Roses-See Dappy, I was amazed at how awful they were, I've loved them for years and I genuinely wish I'd never seen them live, Ian Brown was horrifically out of tune, playing two songs one after another which have 10 minute guitar solo's is never going to work in a festival. I give it two years before people realise that they're shit, and they'll retire again with a nice healthy wage packet.

Calvin Harris-Seen the second half of his set, looked decent, atmosphere was terrific.

Sunday

Fun:-Thought they were really good tbh! the sing along that they got going was immense, best I've ever seen in King tuts.

Jame Morrison:-Another good sing-along, burds loved him.

Chase and Status-Thought they were good, this may have been influenced on where I was in the crowd though, had a really good atmosphere around me

Elbow-I'm not sure he really worked tbh, everyone was on a high, totally buzzing after chase and status and he kinda killed the buzz, I didn't know much of his songs aswell so didn't find it all that great, he's got a good voice though and his tunes do sound o.k.

Kasabian- Thought they silenced anyone who doubted there credentials to headling again, utterly brilliant. Take not Ian Brown, Tom is 10 times the frontman and musician.

All ina ll not bad, I spent allot of time dotting around the T Break and Transmissions stage having a drink.

Wish I'd say Miles Kane and the Enemy,Labrinth(but he clashed with example)Emeli Sande and the Vaccines and Keane but hey ho, my loss.

God knows

I find it funny how youngsters complain about guitar solos. Not just you, even on the Download forums. In the olden days bands were judged on their ability to shake it up from the recorded version and bang in the solos. Personally I love them, when done well. The Roses' ones were ok and anything that means Brown isn't singing is a bonus :)

I find it funny how youngsters complain about guitar solos. Not just you, even on the Download forums. In the olden days bands were judged on their ability to shake it up from the recorded version and bang in the solos. Personally I love them, when done well. The Roses' ones were ok and anything that means Brown isn't singing is a bonus :)

The Darkness - Loved them. Thought they were excellent, Justin is a great front man. Special mention to the headstand against the drums and getting the crows to clap along with his legs. And obviously the snippet of Christmas Time was a highlight! Perfect start.

King Charles - Only popped in for a few songs, never heard of him before and sounded good from where we were standing at the bar. Was really impressed and since listened to a lot of his stuff, he's a talented guy.

Example - Brilliant. Saw him at Rockness last year and he's got better, gets everyone right up for a party which is perfect for a Friday.

Florence - Good to see her back to her old self. Since releasing Ceremonials, she's looked like a ghost but she was jumping about like old Florence. Seen her four times now and this is the best she's been since headlining the Futures in 2009. Seems to have nailed outdoor stages now and was good to see her mix in the Benny Benassi remix of Shake It Out.

Professor Green - My two mates are big fans of his so went along and was impressed. Forget how many songs I know of his and the crowd were definitely up for it. Heard a few people saying he was much better than Tinie, who headlined.

Sven Vath - None of the headliners appealed to me at all so we thought we'd pop over to the Slam Tent for a wee rave to end the night. Didn't disappoint, he was banging.

The View - Great start to the day, even if it is a tired booking, but still good all the same. New stuff sounds good too.

La Shark - Absolutely awful.

Devlin - Impressive. The speed of his rapping alone is brilliant. Seemed to have a decent crowd for being early in the pissing down rain.

Emeli Sande - Third time I've seen her in the last year, once supporting Coldplay and once with the Olympic torch in Dundee. Incredible voice.

J Cole - Only seen this guy due to waiting for Ben Howard. Suppose he's good as what he does, but what he does is shite.

Ben Howard - Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. We managed to get right to the front for him and he was incredible, one of the highlights of the weekend. India Bourne is just gorgeous as well.

The Courteeners - Sounded great but don't know a lot of their songs bar Not Nineteen Forever, which was great. Everyone else seemed to be having a great time though, good live band.

Noel Gallacher - Not a big Oasis fan so just thought this felt like an Oasis tribute gig. I do love Little By Little though so was glad he played that.

Stone Roses - Again, not a big fan, but it was pretty late in the day and I was worse for wear so really enjoyed it. Opening with I Wanna Be Adored was brilliant, with about half an hour left though because I was getting bored.

Skream - Saw him in Ibiza two weeks before T so was always gonna go see him here. Brilliant live, so much energy as opposed to Calvin Harris, David Guetta etc. Finished with Smells Like Teen Spirit again which set the place off. Some dickhead came and pulled the plug though when he was wanting to keep going but the chant of "fuck off specky!" was a good laugh.

Twin Atlantic - In two minds. I was looking forward to them the most out of everyone, really enjoyed them but they weren't as good as I thought they were going to be. Imagine nerves got the better of Sam but going to see them in Glasgow in October so I'm sure they'll make up for it then.

Rita Ora - Surprise of the weekend. So much energy in her live shows, all her songs are quite up-beat and the crowd went mad for her two hits. She is also maybe the most beautiful woman I've ever seen with my actual eyeballs.

Maverick Sabre - Almost my favourite act of the weekend. I love his album and live he's great. Let Me Go was a highlight as was Fire In Your Eyes. Glad he got a decent crowd.

Miles Kane - WOW. What a guy. Got a bit of a man crush on him after this, crazy energy in his set. Inhaler and First Of My Kind were great but Come Closer seemed to last forever, everyone was chanting it for ages after he'd finished.

Chase & Status - Disappointing. The MC is so tired, he's said the same lines for the last three years, it's embarrassing. Looking back on it now, I should have stuck to my original decision of staying for The Enemy but all of my mates wanted to go to C&S and I do like them. Will see The Enemy in October in Dundee though so all is not lost.

Kasabian - Best band in the world. So under-rated in this country and as a live act. Thoroughly cemented their rightful position as festival headliners. Serge has come out of his shell so much in the last two years and Tom has always been one of the best in his field. Perfect way to end the festival.

• 4 weeks later...

Friday for me it was Slams 4hr set Blew me away although not liking the new layout for the Slam tent prefer the big old blue one more atmospher and less pissheads plus i miss the walk up to it feeling the vibrations as you walk up to it.

Sven Vath was outstanding it was crazy !!!

Sat

Shed 7 , what more can i sat ninties bliss !!!

NGHFB noel was amazing and all those oasis tracks at the end were brill the crowd were loving it.

The Stone Roses were amazing ive waited a long time for this and when they done This is the one i went nuts amazing feeling cheesy grin :), am i the only one that loved there extended version of fools gold? , wanted to see more bucket hats :)

Sunday

Chase and status i was at the front and the bass was unreal great tunes and set me steady for a belter of a Sunday

Pan Pot in the Slam tent blew me away seen them loads but that was my fav set.

Elbow as always are great but the crowd werent feeling it.

Kasabian what can i say love them amazing energy ive not missed them at T since 2005 and thats on par with 2007 they redeemed themselfs of the pants that was 2010 :)