T In The Park - Weather

Guest bunter

No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes.

What a fucking weekend, only bad point being the Stone Roses on Saturday, they should never have came out of retirement.

Do you read some of this before you post it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apart from the rain on saturday I honestly didnt think it was that bad. seen some tents completely flooded but they were right on the edge of the path tbf. We were right in the middle of amber and had no trouble, £25 argos tent lasted well, even brought home!

rain during shm was a blessing in disguise, overall not that bad, could have been better but could have been worse

Man, Ive been reading your posts during these months ive been a member on this forum and I just cant understand your way of thinking...i disagree with almost everything you say...You just mock everything thats good and the only positive comments you state here are in favour of TITP like you're getting some form of commission or something out of it... it's quite obvious from the pics around the web that the conditions this year were very bad, how can anyone say otherwise doesnt make sense to me....

Meh, maybe I'm just thicker skinned but it didn't really bother me at any point over the weekend.

I had a good jacket with me, walking through mud doesn't bother me, and it never got heavy at nightime apart from the Sunday, in whichc case we just sat in my mates tent and drank.

Fact is if you can stay dry(bring decent jacket) don't mind walking through a bit of sludge then the weather wouldn't have bothered you much, like it did in my case. Crack a can, have a laugh with your mates and try stay in the crowds, sorted.

On the opposite I take my hat of to anyone that came on a daily occurance, like I said earlier the rain wasn't bad at all at nightime so it never really impacted that side of things, and being in the campsite you are more or less obliged to go into the arena to see the bands.

I'd imagine there will have been a few folk who will have just not have bothered with coming in on the Sunday/Saturday.

Couple of things wrong with your post there mate, I didn't spend most of my time in the campsite, that's pointless. What I was trying to get across is that at nightime, when the acts had finished, there wasn't much/if any rain so it allowed everyone to go around partying, that for me makes a big part of T in the Park, the atmosphere and since that never got affected I was happy.

Secondly I don't like beer, much prefer my cider.

@frankblack

I did loads of walking between main, tuts, transmissions and NME. If you found that too hard you really do need to get out and do some training. It's not that hard. And wearing footwear that comes off is inexcusable, it's not as if you weren't warned that the weather was going to be crap. Schoolboy error.

@frankblack

I did loads of walking between main, tuts, transmissions and NME. If you found that too hard you really do need to get out and do some training. It's not that hard. And wearing footwear that comes off is inexcusable, it's not as if you weren't warned that the weather was going to be crap. Schoolboy error.

tree bark comes from trees. Trees have to die to provide that bark. Plus the other environmental costs. Plus the financial costs. All because some people can't wear suitable footwear. ;)

For those who care to notice, this is the only year out of all the years there's been concerts in Hyde Park that Hyde Park have put down something to try and help deal with the mud problems. There's a reason why. You might have noticed something on TV about it. ;)

If you don't like the sight of mud I suggest you stay in the city.

Edited by eFestivals

tree bark comes from trees. Trees have to die to provide that bark. Plus the other environmental costs. Plus the financial costs. All because some people can't wear suitable footwear. ;)

For those who care to notice, this is the only year out of all the years there's been concerts in Hyde Park that Hyde Park have put down something to try and help deal with the mud problems. There's a reason why. You might have noticed something on TV about it. ;)

If you don't like the sight of mud I suggest you stay in the city.

I did see some wood chip being put down on Sunday... for the stewards in front of the barrier at the main stage.

Really think having seen the forecast for the weekend, T could have done something to make conditions a bit better. I managed fine, but I saw a lot of people really struggling. Tents flooding is a real shame, but you just shouldn't camp at the bottom of a hill, simple as.

I hope some form of path system is put in place for future years, just as a precaution.

The level to which T degenerated inside was quite unacceptable

that's dreadful weather for you. It happens.

Frankly, having seen those conditions via photos, I know that anything they might have tried to do - short of tarmacing the whole site - would have had no noticeable effect.

If you want to have a pop at the organisers for something they did or didn't do which would have improved things, feel free. But there's no point asking for the impossible.

that's dreadful weather for you. It happens.

Frankly, having seen those conditions via photos, I know that anything they might have tried to do - short of tarmacing the whole site - would have had no noticeable effect.

If you want to have a pop at the organisers for something they did or didn't do which would have improved things, feel free. But there's no point asking for the impossible.

I'm in an uncomfortable position of finding myself agreeing with efests! :)

I'm really at a loss as to how the mud could have stopped you getting between stages unless you are a real lightweight diva whinger. I reckon you are right about the placing of the bars, I didn't like where they were this time around, but getting between them and the stages was only slightly slower than normal. Ok, so I'm a fit person but the pals I went with aren't and they had no bother either. Band bar band bar band bar all day long nae bother. Hiking boots was a week 1 day 1 n00b error.

The tarmac paths are just what's left from the old airfield. For the rest of the site, with that amount of traffic and that amount of rain NOTHING would work. Unless you tarmac the whole area of course. Then come the next warm year everybody would complain about teh heat and the fact that there was no grass to sit on. It's a festival, mud happens at festivals. Prepare or resign yourself to nice indoor concerts.

Preparation is the key. We all knew the weather had been awful for weeks in advance, so only the moronic would've failed to realise that the ground would churn up something awful.

Add to that the downpour on the Saturday around midday then seriously what would you expect.

As for me, I got the waterproof trousers on & wellies and was good to go each day! I had a great time, but so glad I paid that bit more for The Residence. The normal campsite may have been a bit too much :D

Anyway Efest, are we getting our own T forum back?

I'm in an uncomfortable position of finding myself agreeing with efests! :)

I'm really at a loss as to how the mud could have stopped you getting between stages unless you are a real lightweight diva whinger. I reckon you are right about the placing of the bars, I didn't like where they were this time around, but getting between them and the stages was only slightly slower than normal. Ok, so I'm a fit person but the pals I went with aren't and they had no bother either. Band bar band bar band bar all day long nae bother. Hiking boots was a week 1 day 1 n00b error.

Edited by frankblack

I agree fully with Devilman and efestivals, a strange situation.

There was nothing, and I repeat nothing that could have been done to help the site, same matter applys to you aswell mate, you had a whole month of shite weather beforehand to know that the festival was going to be a muddy one, leaving your wellies to the week before was a massive error, and it's not Geoff Ellis fault that you never got some.

8 pound Wellies from eBay and a 22 quid tent from Tesco kept me dry all weekend, you don't need to break the bank to stay dry.