ROCK WERCHTER 2013

Guest DangerJones11

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon there's a big chance the headliners will include the Foo Fighters (fucking huge-sells loads of tickets-incredible at Reading fest), the Prodigy (new album)..and maybe even Rammstein (as they come back every few years?)

Edited by Dead throne

All this chat bout werchter is making me want to go again. Was hoping to have a year of but tempted not trying for glasto tickets and going to werchter again.

Its one or the other...descisions descision and ive got to make mind up by the 7th october...geeesh.

Late night gibberish.

Another questions :)

1) are cars allowed at campsite (I mean something like this: http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/images/stories/concerts/Wacken04/wacken15.jpg) or parkingplace and campsite are separated? If yes, how far is one from another?

2) are barbecues allowed at campsite (I know some festivals that don't allow using fire in any way)

3) What about alcohol?

4) is there any cheap market nearby?

5) When usually tickets are sold out?

Are there any regulations in Belgian law about knives?

Is it far from any city/town? Is it cheaper there ( I am thinking about market stuff)? What is avr price of beer in Belgium?

Is weed forbidden by law or is it just like in Holland :) ?

I just want to be sure, me and my father used to take diver's knife at festival, but at Download in England (after few lies from security) we were kicked out after 5h at campsite and had troubles with English Police, because it was "offensive weapon".

So I just want to know if I have to take only pocket knife and for example hammer to hit nails from tent (on the other hand, it's funny that hammer is not offensive weapon :) ) or I could just take survival knife (I am not talking about machete or something like that :) ). I just think, that knife in car is useful tool.

I just want to be sure, me and my father used to take diver's knife at festival, but at Download in England (after few lies from security) we were kicked out after 5h at campsite and had troubles with English Police, because it was "offensive weapon".

So I just want to know if I have to take only pocket knife and for example hammer to hit nails from tent (on the other hand, it's funny that hammer is not offensive weapon :) ) or I could just take survival knife (I am not talking about machete or something like that :) ). I just think, that knife in car is useful tool.

I meant something else

English law is very restrictive about knives. Even kitchen knives are too big and they are considered offensive weapon... I don't want to bring machete to festival. I just want to know if I have knife (about 7cm long) in my car, will I have troubles?

I meant something else

English law is very restrictive about knives. Even kitchen knives are too big and they are considered offensive weapon... I don't want to bring machete to festival. I just want to know if I have knife (about 7cm long) in my car, will I have troubles?

if you're found with it in your car, yes you could have big troubles.

The UK has had a bit of a bad problem with knife crime (less than the newspapers would make you think, but never mind) which has led to a number of new laws about the legality of certain knives (lock knives are illegal, for instance), as well as far less acceptance of any reason you might give for why you are carrying a knife.

If you were a carpet fitter and had a knife in your toolbox you'd be fine. If you had a knife next to you on your car seat then the chances are the police will assume that you intend to use that knife against a person, and arrest you for carrying an offensive weapon.

For anything inbetween it's difficult to say how a policeman might consider it, but it would be a bad move to assume that he'll automatically accept your explanation as reasonable.

The best bet is not to take the knife, then you can't have any problems. It's not like you really need a knife when camping at a festival, so it's best left behind.