****STONE ROSES As good as confirmed****

Guest mike99

Ah that would be great news, assuming they stay together that long.

Saw them on Saturday too and thought they were really good. Even Ian Brown's singing didn't seem too bad -the only song where it really ruined things for me was Love Spreads. As many have noted though, part of it was that the audience sang through most songs covering for some of the dodgier singing (and it seemed like the sound levels were kinda quiet, at least for the first few tracks). Although this will happen for some of the huge tracks I guess audience singing will be less at the Pyramid so I wonder how things will turn out. Anyone seen them at any festivals since their return?

Fingers crossed now for Radiohead - Stone Roses - Rolling Stones...

Bad to hear about Love Spreads as it's probably my favourite song.

Although Radiohead, Roses + Stones would be massive headliners, I kind of hope there's a bit more of a shock/variety in there. Yeah, I realise there's everything else going on, but I'd rather not have three guitar bands headlining even if they are all different genres.

Is this the same mike who started a thread along the lines of "I know everything there is to know about Glastonbury, so ask me any questions you want and I'll answer them..." a few years back. I looked back but couldn't find the thread

I think that was my favourite thread of all time

...and last years weather thread

... And the ghost photo thread

Can't say I'm a huge fan of The Stone Roses, but unless there was someone else I really wanted to see I'd probably go see them at Glasto as although Brown is an awful singer I can imagine the crowd would be well up for it just like they were at the gigs at the weekend and it would make it a great Glasto moment.

I probably wont see The Stone Roses if they do headline, I like Waterfall and I wanna be adored but I don't really know any more of their stuff other than that. If there's something better on then I'll go and see something else and if I get into them come Glasto then my opinion might change but right now I'm not too bothered about them...