The Non-Headlining Acts 2013

Guest GlastoSimon

While it's possibly a little early, I felt that a speculation thread for the non-headlining acts was necessary.

Who would you like to see? Just watched Jack White and thought he'd be brilliant at Glastonbury, not only for the catalogue of songs from The White Stripes, Dead Weather, The Raconteurs etc. but it generally looked a very good show. I thought it'd be ideal if he headlined the JP tent. Is he too big for that?

I think it'll be interesting also to see if the bands that have dramatically moved up the R/L line-up (The Vaccines and Bombay Bicycle Club stick out) will do the same for Glasto in 2013 and play a decent position on the Pyramid.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The White Stripes headlined the Pyramid on the Friday of 2005.

Jack white would be too big for JP, but could easily see him headlining the Other Stage

Not really my cup of tea though

deffo see the Vaccines playing quite high up next year.

Elbow will headline either Other Stage, or maybe even the Pyramid as a long shot. Could also see Sigur Ros headlining other stage

A

Super Furry Animals, Garbage, The Dandy Warhols, AIR, Suede, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Justice, Aidan Moffat & Bill Wells, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Avalanches

I'd been thinking about this for a while and decided as long as Justice, Hot Chip, Julio Bashmore, Joy Orbison, Shy FX, Toddla T, Jack White, Jesus And The Mary Chain, Foals, Max Romero, Stephen Marley, Bob Dylan, Best Coast and New Order are there, I'll be relatively happy. There was definitely one more I'd decided on but can't remember : /

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

I think it'll be interesting also to see if the bands that have dramatically moved up the R/L line-up (The Vaccines and Bombay Bicycle Club stick out) will do the same for Glasto in 2013 and play a decent position on the Pyramid.

The Vaccines will defo get a good slot - they're playing this year's Pilton Party, and the 'reward' for doing that is a good slot!

I'd love to see Elbow headline the Other, and would in particular like to see Garbage, The Duke Spirit, Vaccines, Bombay Bicycle Club get good slots on Other / Pyramid. Can definitely SBTRKT getting a decent slot somewhere in Dance or John Peel, along with Example. Grimes is excellent too - she'd be great in John Peel.

Away from the music stages I'd love to see some more comedians - Sir BIll of Bailey, obviously, but also others too. Probably not Jimmy Carr though... :sarcastic:

I can see the following playing somewhere on the bill

Jack White

Elbow

Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds

Frank Turner

The Black Keys

Jessie J

Elvis Costello (Legends Slot?)

Fatboy Slim

Dizzie Rascal

Deadmouse

Manic Street Preachers

New Order

Ash

Bodger and Badger

Billy Bragg

Mr Tumble

i've got no idea about the possibilty of any of these but i redmain hopeful for all of them...

death cab for cutie

the decemberists

maximo park (will have been 4 years since their last appearance)

john mayer

blink 182

m. craft

andy mckee

damien marley (with nas please)

the joy formidable (didn't get to see their whole set last year as they clashed with Gringo ska)

james

keane

nada surf

owl city

placebo

turin brakes

JACK WHITE JACK WHITE JACK WHITE (at least headlining the other, utterly brilliant!)

Franz Ferdinand/Bloc Party/The Vaccines/Mumford and Sons/Two Door Cinema Club for some prominent slots across the main stages.

and hopefully The Hives/Django Django/Marina and The Diamonds/Lana Del Rey/Band of Skulls will feature at some point!

Could see all of these being possible:

Silversun Pickups

Placebo (possibly headlining Other Stage)

Miike Snow

The Decemberists

Of Monsters and Men

Regina Spektor

Franz Ferdinand

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Royksopp

The Vaccines

Lana Del Rey

Metric

Biffy Clyro

i didn`t think there was a pilton party this year , they were due to play last year i know ,but im sure eavis mentioned there would be no pilton party this year as its usually a thankyou to locals for putting up with the festival each year.

there wasn't a Pilton Party last year, so that's why it's this year.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/abbey-extravaganza/

http://www.glastonbu...tail/story.html

there is only one pilton party is`nt there? usually first friday in sept didnt go last year but it definetley happened.

now I'm mightily confused, mostly by my own stupidity I think. :lol:

I of course knew there was one last year, which is why Plan B and The Vaccines have been in the efests rumours since last summer.

A Pilton resident has told Scott that there's one this year, tho I'm now doubting that a bit cos you're right, they don't normally have them for one of the years when there's no festival. Then again, as they've said The Vaccines it would make sense for them to be invited to play to make up for not having been able to do it last year.