Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Calzum

BBC introducing stage

70 posts in this topic

last stage to talk about. any ideas who could be on it?

Tenacious D and Nofx to headline 2 of the days...

Tenacious D and NOFX for Welcome To Leeds, obviously....

Really hoping for Vigo Thieves. Really got into these and are playing the introducing stage at TITP.

The Fridge Magnets hopefully. Getting some Radio1 airplay, winning awards and the likes.

I'm hoping for Canterbury, may be a bit too big but similar sort of stature to Don Broco last year so could headline one night.

I wonder if they'll continue the trend and have previous BBC Introducing bands that are bigger now back to headline.

Any obvious possibilities?

Probably won't happen, just a shot in the dark here, but is there any chance of any of the bigger Welsh language/bilingual bands making it on to this stage? The likes of Henry's Funeral Shoe, Masters In France, Y Bandana, Yr Ods, Swnami, Creision Hud etc.

There's no real way of answering that question. I doubt they have a "no non-English" policy but it probably makes it harder.

Do they get played a lot by the local BBC regional station?

The 5,6,7,8s have played before and most of their songs were in Japanese but it comes down whether the act is in favour or not with the organisers and the crowd.

Wouldn't mind seeing Jessie Ware announced

The BBC have a Welsh language radio station here, so they just play all the Welsh language stuff there...

Is there an English language one as well?

I believe that the BBC Introdcuing stage in generally made up of bands 'put forward' by the regional BBC stations as being representative of new local talent, so if there's an English Language one and a Welsh language one and only the English language one is one of those consulted then it would be less likely.

There is an English and Welsh one which are seperate, though I think they're run by similar people (Huw Stephens does both I believe)

On the Non-English thing, Kvelertak played a couple of years ago. So i don't see why hyped welsh bands couldn't play

The following five bands are the futuresound competition winners that will be added to the intro stage

Black Moth, Bearfoot Bewa

re, Marsicans, We Were Frontiers, Backyards.

Now these are known I wouldn't be surprised to see the line-up announced on Tuesday.