Dickheads

Guest devilman

Lots of posts here referring to dickheads and dickhead behaviour. This has got me thinking, what is it that riles you all so much? I didn't really see anything bad and Download has the most docile crowds I have ever encountered. Is drinking beer at a festival really frowned upon by the efest's collective?

I don't get it either. Possibly I am just extremely lucky that I haven't bumped into such people but I have never ever had a problem with anyone. Yeah you get people who are a little too stoned but hey it's a festival shit happens and unless they are abusing you physically or verbally or trying to trash your stuff what's the problem? Ignore them and get on with your day.

Lots of posts here referring to dickheads and dickhead behaviour. This has got me thinking, what is it that riles you all so much? I didn't really see anything bad and Download has the most docile crowds I have ever encountered. Is drinking beer at a festival really frowned upon by the efest's collective?

The only thing I have a problem with is the people that feel the need to destroy everything on the last night in the campsite. I got no sleep as I was guarding my tent from attack and then had to drive 5 hours to get home at 7am.

It has happened the last 3 years in a row now, whereas previously it was only a problem when all hell broke loose in 2006.

Other than that (which will be solved by moving to RIP in future), I enjoyed the drunken dickheads :crazy:

speaking of dickheads! i woke up to realise my tent had been slashed open(nothing was taken) my mate had her money stolen in her sleep and my ex had her bags rummaged through but thankfully she kept her money in her sleeping bag

People who piss in cups and throw it.

People who think it's ok to literally barge every single person out of the way 2 minutes before a band come on. I've seen 18 stone men quite literally take out tiny girls and even children just because they want to get forward. You want a good place then fucking get down early and wait like everybody else or at least have the decency to weave your way down.

People who sit down in front of the mixing desk. You want to sit, you get back.

People who hold signs up for the ENTIRE set. Some dickhead did this during Soundgarden from start until finish and was blocking everybody's view. Put it up for a minute by all means but then get it down.

Lads who get on people's shoulders. Leave it to the ladies please...

Are all dickheads imo.

Edited by ap3311

Woke up to people pissing on my tent and some dicks camping near us where making games of runnng up to random people and either pushing them over in the mud or slapping them in the back of the head and running off. But other than those knobs (who all seemed to be camping together) the only problem i had with the download crowd was the size of it at times.

People pissing wherever they feel like it, including a group of lads openly pissing about 3 foot from where me and my mate were sitting, that's a dickhead move in my book. How hard is it to find a fence?!

Edited by Lithium05

Woke up to people pissing on my tent and some dicks camping near us where making games of runnng up to random people and either pushing them over in the mud or slapping them in the back of the head and running off. But other than those knobs (who all seemed to be camping together) the only problem i had with the download crowd was the size of it at times.

After Metallica there were a lot of people just charging through the campsite, using anyone around to lean on, not caring that they were unbalancing those people. And a few dicks who just barged through during bands as opposed to weaving. Didn't think it was particularly bad though.

I was lucky as well,didnt encounter many of these,most just seemed to want to have a good time and a laugh.

i suppose if you go to a pub or nightclub with 500 people you always get a few dickheads, so multiply that ratio by the amount at download and i suppose it is inevitable there will be a percentage of dickheads there.

Edited by rivalschools.price

People who stand half way up the hill and moan whenever people pass them going to the front. Oh, you're all coming through are you? Yes we are. Now fuck off. :D

And cup w*nkers. "well it paid for my ticket and all my beers."

The pissing issue was worse than ever, blokes were just pissing in the crowd onto people and all the blokes I saw doing this looked to be old enough to know better.

I don't understand the need for people to throw stuff either, bottles of piss whatever, I had a full plate of chips chucked at me and worse it was covered in ketchup, I just shrugged it off and it didn't bother me cus I had a waterproof on, but seriously someone must have bought it just to throw into the crowd, I mean fucks sake.

I stayed up late every night too and in campsite there was a lot of open spaces in blue cus a lot of people had fucked off after the first couple of nights and taken their tents and instead of pissing in open spaces, blokes were purposely going round pissing on peoples tents.

There was a group next to me a bloke and mrs in their 40's who had two teenage kids with them and their mates who were from 15 to 18 years old, when we camped up the bloke told us we cant camp there cus wanted the space, it was pissing down and I told him to fuck off it ain't his field my lot are camping there, they wanted to be in a circle but we took the right hand side and they had the left and just went down in a line, no problem, I went over to him after set up and apologised and he was a dick, I said look we all just wanted to get camped up just like you, he didn't like it cus I showed him up in front of the kids, all weekend he tried to act the big man in front of them.

Sunday, he made them all drink absolutely tons of booze, way more than I would drink, full bottles of Jager, cider, lager, vodka, rum etc. made them drink it. Then him and his mrs fucked off to bed, we were in the village and came back to find two of the lads going towards the village, we got to where they we were camp and one lad and one girl were out cold on the floor just left there, we tried to wake them but couldn't we got the oldest lad out of his tent to make the decision what should be done in regards to waking the dad or call someone as the dad had got them in this state, the two who had walked off came back and we said your mates were out cold on the floor and they said yeah we know and walked off laughing, I grabbed them and said don't you know how serious this is, if we hadn't came back they could have died, the girl could have been raped, you're fucking idiots, you should be looking after each other, the next day the dad got up and couldn't even look at us, his mrs though looked so guilty but not one of them thanked us for helping out, we spent 30 minutes with those kids getting them awake and sitting them up, sorting them out so they'd be ok.

It was people like that that are scum, those kids could've died and they couldn't even be bothered to care. The oldest lad thanked us, who was his son, and the young lad of 15 who was out cold, at festivals you're meant to look after each other, and I've usually seen this in tenfold, and there was some people like it this year, but it was more like 8 in 10 people were out for themself and themself only. Nasty atmosphere.

The pissing issue was worse than ever, blokes were just pissing in the crowd onto people and all the blokes I saw doing this looked to be old enough to know better.

I don't understand the need for people to throw stuff either, bottles of piss whatever, I had a full plate of chips chucked at me and worse it was covered in ketchup, I just shrugged it off and it didn't bother me cus I had a waterproof on, but seriously someone must have bought it just to throw into the crowd, I mean fucks sake.

I stayed up late every night too and in campsite there was a lot of open spaces in blue cus a lot of people had fucked off after the first couple of nights and taken their tents and instead of pissing in open spaces, blokes were purposely going round pissing on peoples tents.

There was a group next to me a bloke and mrs in their 40's who had two teenage kids with them and their mates who were from 15 to 18 years old, when we camped up the bloke told us we cant camp there cus wanted the space, it was pissing down and I told him to fuck off it ain't his field my lot are camping there, they wanted to be in a circle but we took the right hand side and they had the left and just went down in a line, no problem, I went over to him after set up and apologised and he was a dick, I said look we all just wanted to get camped up just like you, he didn't like it cus I showed him up in front of the kids, all weekend he tried to act the big man in front of them.

Sunday, he made them all drink absolutely tons of booze, way more than I would drink, full bottles of Jager, cider, lager, vodka, rum etc. made them drink it. Then him and his mrs fucked off to bed, we were in the village and came back to find two of the lads going towards the village, we got to where they we were camp and one lad and one girl were out cold on the floor just left there, we tried to wake them but couldn't we got the oldest lad out of his tent to make the decision what should be done in regards to waking the dad or call someone as the dad had got them in this state, the two who had walked off came back and we said your mates were out cold on the floor and they said yeah we know and walked off laughing, I grabbed them and said don't you know how serious this is, if we hadn't came back they could have died, the girl could have been raped, you're fucking idiots, you should be looking after each other, the next day the dad got up and couldn't even look at us, his mrs though looked so guilty but not one of them thanked us for helping out, we spent 30 minutes with those kids getting them awake and sitting them up, sorting them out so they'd be ok.

It was people like that that are scum, those kids could've died and they couldn't even be bothered to care. The oldest lad thanked us, who was his son, and the young lad of 15 who was out cold, at festivals you're meant to look after each other, and I've usually seen this in tenfold, and there was some people like it this year, but it was more like 8 in 10 people were out for themself and themself only. Nasty atmosphere.

There used to be a point where you could seperate yourself from the historically noisier/ rowdier camp sites by heading to what was brown and yellow this year. However the powers that be insist on keeping these closed (or saying they will) until Thursday or even Friday meaning you either have to try and squeeze in to an already pretty filled camp site you don't want to be in, or wait in the rain for hours until someone somewhere decides that they had best open another field. To a point I can see the rational behind it in making sure that space is filled. But surely if I pay my money for 5 day camping I should be entitled to camp where I want if that is going to be a more chilled out area? I've not been to any other festivals that do this.

For what it's worth the groups around us were pretty decent and if you can have a chat or a beer with them early doors then everyone looks out for each other(and each others stuff) for the rest of the weekend.

They had no choice but to leave yellow until the Friday, it was part of the license for using the field. And I was damn glad they did, it meant that us 3 day ticket holders actually had somewhere to go that wasn't a complete swamp when we arrived! But agree that they should have opened the others up.

Edited by ap3311