Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Dickheads

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 devilman

devilman

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Lots of posts here referring to dickheads and dickhead behaviour. This has got me thinking, what is it that riles you all so much? I didn't really see anything bad and Download has the most docile crowds I have ever encountered. Is drinking beer at a festival really frowned upon by the efest's collective?

#2 cornucopia

cornucopia

Music, it's the future.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

I don't get it either. Possibly I am just extremely lucky that I haven't bumped into such people but I have never ever had a problem with anyone. Yeah you get people who are a little too stoned but hey it's a festival shit happens and unless they are abusing you physically or verbally or trying to trash your stuff what's the problem? Ignore them and get on with your day.

#3 AcademicPistol

AcademicPistol

Milk Was A Bad Choice.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

I may have got lucky as well but I encountered zero dickheads and met a lot of really cool people and enjoyed some excellent music plus the long mud marches have made me fitter.

#4 neilloggie

neilloggie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

Lots of posts here referring to dickheads and dickhead behaviour. This has got me thinking, what is it that riles you all so much? I didn't really see anything bad and Download has the most docile crowds I have ever encountered. Is drinking beer at a festival really frowned upon by the efest's collective?

My only problem of the whole weekend is leaving the arena/entering the village, there are always people who think they should not have to queue like everyone else and push and jostle past everyone.

Apart from that i must not take any notice of what is going on around me.

#5 thejimbola

thejimbola

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

The only thing I have a problem with is the people that feel the need to destroy everything on the last night in the campsite. I got no sleep as I was guarding my tent from attack and then had to drive 5 hours to get home at 7am.
It has happened the last 3 years in a row now, whereas previously it was only a problem when all hell broke loose in 2006.
Other than that (which will be solved by moving to RIP in future), I enjoyed the drunken dickheads :crazy:

#6 Go_Go_Tonymon

Go_Go_Tonymon

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

speaking of dickheads! i woke up to realise my tent had been slashed open(nothing was taken) my mate had her money stolen in her sleep and my ex had her bags rummaged through but thankfully she kept her money in her sleeping bag

#7 ap3311

ap3311

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

People who piss in cups and throw it.

People who think it's ok to literally barge every single person out of the way 2 minutes before a band come on. I've seen 18 stone men quite literally take out tiny girls and even children just because they want to get forward. You want a good place then fucking get down early and wait like everybody else or at least have the decency to weave your way down.

People who sit down in front of the mixing desk. You want to sit, you get back.

People who hold signs up for the ENTIRE set. Some dickhead did this during Soundgarden from start until finish and was blocking everybody's view. Put it up for a minute by all means but then get it down.

Lads who get on people's shoulders. Leave it to the ladies please...

Are all dickheads imo.

Edited by ap3311, 12 June 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#8 insideaway

insideaway

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Woke up to people pissing on my tent and some dicks camping near us where making games of runnng up to random people and either pushing them over in the mud or slapping them in the back of the head and running off. But other than those knobs (who all seemed to be camping together) the only problem i had with the download crowd was the size of it at times.

#9 Lithium05

Lithium05

Jaaaaaaaah Rastafarianism!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

People pissing wherever they feel like it, including a group of lads openly pissing about 3 foot from where me and my mate were sitting, that's a dickhead move in my book. How hard is it to find a fence?!

Edited by Lithium05, 12 June 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#10 the_hedge

the_hedge

You sexy little swine !!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Woke up to people pissing on my tent and some dicks camping near us where making games of runnng up to random people and either pushing them over in the mud or slapping them in the back of the head and running off. But other than those knobs (who all seemed to be camping together) the only problem i had with the download crowd was the size of it at times.

I'm amazed they didn't get knocked the fuck out. Anyone who slapped or pushed me would get a a mighty slap!

#11 kaosmark2

kaosmark2

Elitist hipster supervillian

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,302 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

After Metallica there were a lot of people just charging through the campsite, using anyone around to lean on, not caring that they were unbalancing those people. And a few dicks who just barged through during bands as opposed to weaving. Didn't think it was particularly bad though.

#12 rivalschools.price

rivalschools.price

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I was lucky as well,didnt encounter many of these,most just seemed to want to have a good time and a laugh.

i suppose if you go to a pub or nightclub with 500 people you always get a few dickheads, so multiply that ratio by the amount at download and i suppose it is inevitable there will be a percentage of dickheads there.

Edited by rivalschools.price, 12 June 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#13 biffoire

biffoire

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

People who stand half way up the hill and moan whenever people pass them going to the front. Oh, you're all coming through are you? Yes we are. Now fuck off. :D

And cup w*nkers. "well it paid for my ticket and all my beers."

#14 kaosmark2

kaosmark2

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,302 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

And cup w*nkers. "well it paid for my ticket and all my beers."

Doesn't bother me. If they want to waste their festival picking up litter for pennies more fool them.

#15 biffoire

biffoire

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Doesn't bother me. If they want to waste their festival picking up litter for pennies more fool them.

It didn't bother me people doing it. It was when you get speaking to them. They seem all fucking smug about having paid for their beer by litter picking. Big deal, I've got a job and that paid for my beer, so i could enjoy the festival without picking cups up. :D

#16 ap3311

ap3311

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

How much do they even get for each cup?

#17 kaosmark2

kaosmark2

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,302 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

How much do they even get for each cup?

10p

#18 lharris92

lharris92

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

10p a cup

#19 biffoire

biffoire

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

or 14.2ml of beer. :D

#20 devilman

devilman

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'm amazed they didn't get knocked the fuck out. Anyone who slapped or pushed me would get a a mighty slap!

This. Nothing else would really bother me apart from pissing on the floor near me but that would be unlikely anyways. I just don't sit down at festivals, even when it isn't muddy. You just don't get the full experience watching from miles back. Band, pish, beer - repeat many times with the odd food stop until you fall over. This has always been back at the tent but before I could get my kit off !