RockNess 2012 - How was it?!

Guest festkid

I am exhausted.. but figured I would start a thread, to see how the weekend went for everyone?!

I thought the site layout was the best yet; all venues were busy, wasn't quiet in areas like last year, definitely a bigger party atmosphere. I think it's the way that the festival needed to be, more compact.

Highlights; Ben Sims at Afterburner, Justice, Hudson Mohawke, Metronomy and so many more. I must admit, I'm not a massive Biffy fan but they were well beyond my expectations, and put an a massive show.

Was absolutely gutted about Porter Robinson, but will hopefully see him elsewhere this summer.

How did everyone else get on?

I was only there for the Friday but I absolutely loved it. There was a great buzz about the place, I'll definitely be back for the weekend next year.

My highlights were The Correspondents, Wretch 32 and Ed Sheeran. I also seen Admiral Fallow, a bit of The Internet and some of Mumford And Sons.

All in all a superb day

VIP camping was the best it's been in recent years

I like how compact the main arena site was however it had its downfalls - in previous years you could sit on the hill and hear the main stage clearly however this isn't now possible due to the goldenvoice tent if u sit towards the left of the hill and the mixture of music coming from the big wheel, the bungee, the clash arena and the afterburner if you sat middle to right.

The music from the bungee and the big wheel shouldn't be allowed - the rest of the festival is about the music!

I felt the comedy tent was too small - about half the size of last year.

Highlights were - chic feat Nile Rodgers, Cuban brothers, admiral fallow, bastille, the view

Don't get me wrong we had a really good time just a few small gripes...

Also..don't think Mumford lived up to being headliners - the slow songs lost the crowd and we felt the cost of drinks was quite high this year especially when mixed fruit cider was 80p more to buy than apple of the same brand name...strange one

All in all a great time had and we'll be back next year

Absoloutley superb and layout was better than last year ! Only complaints for me was price of drink in the arena. Highlights were knife party deadmau5 madeon and kassidy and biffy also outlived my expectations

Great weekend and will be back next year

I only managed the Sunday but had a great time! Really enjoyed Cuban Bros, TEED, the View and Chic.

The bars were very expensive and i didn't understand why some had draught lager and others sold cans, luckily we smuggled some vodka in so didn't have to spend too much in the arena ;)

Edited by coma girl

I just went Saturday. Loved it! Deadmau5, Madeon, Gessafellstien highlights! Tim Minchin as well was hilarious "Praise Be to Jesus!" Mixed Kopparberg at the Bar was 10/10 for me. Food Stalls were amazing.

Dont know how people had the energy for Afterburner I was knackered by that point and was glad to b going home. Must be getting old

Had a great weekend, loved everyone I saw. Better than last years lineup and I loved the fact that you could just run out from golden voice to the main stage really quickly. Only thing I'm gutted about is that we have to wait another year to get back!

I had a great time at Rockness :)

The highlight of the weekend was Tim Minchin, love all of his songs, they're hilarious.

Also loved Justice, even although I've already seen that set, it was still amazing.

The selection of alcohol was good and I thought £3.70 for an apple kopparberg was quite reasonable, you'd pay the same in a pub. I was also quite pleased that they sold gaymers at the bars, I think they needed to have another cider because kopparberg can get a bit sickening (although I drank a ridiculous amount of the apple one.)

The selection of food was great as always, everything I had from the argyle market was really nice and good value for money. Best thing I had all weekend were the churros though.

Loved having a dance at Arcadia, it was mental of times, seen plenty of funny sights there.

Only a few bad points:

The queues at the bars could be ridiculous at times. On Friday night I queued at the bar next to arcadia for about 40 mins and had to give up because there was no chance of getting served. There seemed to be about 30 people behind the bar but fuck knows what they were all doing, because they weren't serving.

The toilet queues could also be really bad at times. I know they are always busier in between acts but two toilet blocks in the arena wasn't enough.

The security seemed a bit much, I don't understand why they were checking wristbands to go between yellow and purple. Maybe it was because the day ticket entrance went through the campsite, which was a stupid idea.

Overall it was a great weekend though and I have no major complaints. :)

For me it was the best RockNess of the three I've been to. Arena layout worked so much better and the atmosphere at all the acts I seen was terrific.

Highlights- Knife Party, Justice, Deadmau5, Biffy and The View.

Also Wretch 32, Pigeon Detectives and Metronomy were acts I wasn't too bothered about seeing but greatly exceeded my expectations.

Disappointments- None.

Bring on RockNess 2013!

For me it was the best RockNess of the three I've been to. Arena layout worked so much better and the atmosphere at all the acts I seen was terrific.

Highlights- Knife Party, Justice, Deadmau5, Biffy and The View.

Also Wretch 32, Pigeon Detectives and Metronomy were acts I wasn't too bothered about seeing but greatly exceeded my expectations.

Disappointments- None.

Bring on RockNess 2013!

The VIP camp site meant they put the disabled people cordoned off in the main camp site.

The VIP camping made for some very easy strolls to the main stage for fit and able people where people in wheel chairs and on crutches were made to walk / crawl / be dragged the thick end of a kilometre.

So, great camping for everyone... except the disabled.

Had a great time. Not as many music acts that I'd normally enjoy but the ones I did see were fantastic, honourable mentions to Ash and Justice who I knew wouldn't disappoint.

As for everything else, as usual there wasd a great selection of food and booze. Always look forward to a Drambuie especially when they're free! Food wise the best thing I had would probably have been the steak and black pudding pie. It was simply wonderful.

Overall I had a great weekend, probably not the best Rockness I've been to but I think that's just me and maybe it's time for a a wee break for me but no doubt when tickets go onsale I'll change my mind again!