Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

deadmau5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 Kowalski

Kowalski

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,718 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

Knew it. :P
Progen 91 was the better version.

#22 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,234 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

well, sort of, I think it was originally released as 'Progen' in hmm, 1990?, but re-released as 'Move any Mountain' a year or so later

My copy of Progen says 1990, so good guess. :)

I said "It's only called 'Move Any Mountain' on the radio when played at kids who don't like dance music", because anyone who liked dance music back then would have surely heard it before it was retitled "move any mountain" and played loads on the radio.

#23 Mardy

Mardy

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

and it was the beginning of the end for the Shamen, I think. I loved 'In Gorbachev we trust' and all of that. Saw them in 89-90 somewhere in Canterbury and they were fucking ace. This is all before Mr C (and I think we all know what the 'C' stands for) started shitting all over the music.

#24 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,234 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

and it was the beginning of the end for the Shamen, I think. I loved 'In Gorbachev we trust' and all of that. Saw them in 89-90 somewhere in Canterbury and they were fucking ace. This is all before Mr C (and I think we all know what the 'C' stands for) started shitting all over the music.

nah, the end of The Shamen was one of them dying in a swimming accident or something.

#25 Mardy

Mardy

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, fair point. Will Sin, on a video shoot, maybe for even 'move any mountain / progen / whatever'

#26 Kowalski

Kowalski

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,718 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, fair point. Will Sin, on a video shoot, maybe for even 'move any mountain / progen / whatever'

Yep, in Tenerife filming for the Progen 91 video.

#27 Spartacus Mars

Spartacus Mars

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

he's a cock and his tunes are shite. good to see Mr C give him the smackdown he deserves. http://pulseradio.ne...complete-wanker

It made me laugh not least because Deadmau5 was a bit rubbish and Jazz, but... since when was beatmatching the be-all and end-all of musicianship? Composition is as important as recital.

Also, Deadmau5 won't care. HE ♥ HATERS!!