Weather and stuff

Guest SammyNHunter

the forecast ain't good. :(

The last one I saw (first thing this morning) was saying showers tomorrow but with some very strong gusts of wind, a better day on Saturday with less (no?) rain and less wind, and more rain on Sunday. :(

It's not how I wanted to spend my first camping festival of the year. Oh well, won't let it spoil it. :)

Hopefully see some of you there. I may be wearing my Grumpyhack T shirt but you probably won't see it under the layers of wet weather gear.

If you want to call round to say hello I'll be in my caravan - a tiny Lunar Meteorite. Look out for the flagpole with a daffodil windsock.

Worked out well in end, and I even caught sun yesterday watching dodgy. However we are going home in rain not looking forward to packing up. As a first timer here I may well do again, nice setting and atmosphere. Good to meet you ian

Like Show of Hands (who were up to their usual form) it was my first festival outing of the season - also first Wychwood and first outing for the caravan. And good result all round. Delightful small fest. I hope the figures stack up for its continued success, though it did seem very empty to me.

The caravan worked a treat. I was even relaxed driving it home. Thanks to good festival neighbours I managed to put up the awning to provide sleeping accomodation for Drewstrat, though I felt a bit guilty inside in the comfort and warmth of a double bed while he was outside in the awning on a camp bed.

This was my first time at Wychwood, took the family plus some other kids, and really enjoyed it. Such a delight not to have to queue for more than the length of one song for a pint! Excellent facilities, and all the staff were great. My only quibble would be that some of those sound guys have definitely been doing it too long (ears shot), and there was far too much top end. And there should have been other stuff on during Hawkwind... :thumbsd:

• 11 months later...