House Music

bamber

I'm one of those knobheads who think it's been ruined by too many divvies going because it's the "cool" thing to do, previous inhabitants of Pam Am and Circo. All down hill since Luciano/Carl Craig. They forced Waxxx out of Camp and Furnace on New Year twelve months ago as well, ended up sharing the venue if I remember rightly, which is a shit thing to do on Circus' part, it's not like Liverpool is short of venues, Mumu/Freeze find new and exciting ones all the time.

I'm one of those knobheads who think it's been ruined by too many divvies going because it's the "cool" thing to do, previous inhabitants of Pam Am and Circo. All down hill since Luciano/Carl Craig. They forced Waxxx out of Camp and Furnace on New Year twelve months ago as well, ended up sharing the venue if I remember rightly, which is a shit thing to do on Circus' part, it's not like Liverpool is short of venues, Mumu/Freeze find new and exciting ones all the time.

I completely understand what you're saying but I don't think you should let the crowd influence your opinion on the club. I haven't been to Circus since Laurent Garnier played in the Theatre of the Masque in January 2011 but the type of people who you're talking about were becoming more noticeable then. Thing is though underground dance music as a whole has become the "cool" thing to do. I'd rather spend the night alongside people who are well up for it but don't really know the music than the people who don their finest low cut vest and stand about wishing that a photographer from Mixmag pops up and begs them to be in their "coolest kids of 2013 issue". They're everywhere and you can't get away from them, the Warehouse Project last week was full of them but I don't let them bother me because what's the point? I'm there to have a right old hoot and a good time whilst they're there to pose and update their locations on Facebook.

I didn't know about the venue altercation, but i thought that the Circus event on boxing day with Loco Dice & Chibuku's NYE night with Chase & Status were both announced to be in the Camp & Furnace at least 6 weeks before Chrimbo? Rich McGinnis is known to be a complete bellend though so I wouldn't be surprised if that did actually happen.

• 5 months later...

Some very good WHP lineups.

Will be at the Bestival & Four Tet nights.

Mr cowbell, I'm guessing your involved with the radio station / club nights?

We were at the ALFOS night last month, immense night from weatherall & Johnson as usual , was nice to hear the set again last week when the radio station streamed it

You know the score.

If I treat this thread like it's my own personal playground, then so be it. There's some properly great tunes back there, Listened to a lot of them tonight.Saved for posterity, for ever, here's another.....................