House Music

bamber

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Can't believe no one has upped this. Stone cold dance floor classic that never ever fails. Absolutely timeless and still sounds fresh today.

Yes used to have that one on a bootleg vinyl which also included King Bee - Back by dope demand and some dodgy house track with a Nirvana Sample!

1 minute ago, rubenz said:

Yes used to have that one on a bootleg vinyl which also included King Bee - Back by dope demand and some dodgy house track with a Nirvana Sample!

I had / have that bootie. Got it because the Young MC is pitched up to bumper so can mix into faster tunes. Remember playing bbdd a few years ago and cleared the dancefloor with it,  which was a bit of shock.

Here is another classic in the same vein

Not heard that one before but sounds good. I always used to chuck in a bit of Young MC and King Bee when I was DJing at house parties in my younger days to showcase what I thought were my esoteric mixing credentials!  then I'd get straight back to boring

everyone senseless with my 12 minute long progressive house mixes:ph34r:

10 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Not heard that one before but sounds good. I always used to chuck in a bit of Young MC and King Bee when I was DJing at house parties in my younger days to showcase what I thought were my esoteric mixing credentials!  then I'd get straight back to boring

everyone senseless with my 12 minute long progressive house mixes:ph34r:

Could never get into prog house. This is about the proggiest I got.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Could never get into prog house. This is about the proggiest I got.

In retrospect some of it was a bit dull and overblown but there was some good stuff . I once djed at my uni student union and opened with the full 12 minute version of embracing the sunshine by bt. Needless to say they didn't ask me back! 

On 28/05/2016 at 3:36 PM, rubenz said:

Glenn Underground knows where it's at..

Arguably the Best Tune posted here ever. Arguably there are other candidates

There are so many subtle variations on a theme in this frankly, narrow template, yet they all seem unique, like flowers

The central refrain / motif in this is just one of my favorite things in the history of the world. Fantasy FM radio had it as a sort of theme tune, or it seemed like that, because it played on repeat as the background to their rave ads, the hip house stuff that surrounds it is meh, but I just ignore all that.

Da-da da-dar, Da-da da-dar ........

Edited by bamber

9 hours ago, bamber said:

The central refrain / motif in this is just one of my favorite things in the history of the world. Fantasy FM radio had it as a sort of theme tune, or it seemed like that, because it played on repeat as the background to their rave ads, the hip house stuff that surrounds it is meh, but I just ignore all that.

Da-da da-dar, Da-da da-dar ........

You don't like Hip House?