House Music

bamber

• 2 weeks later...

The Circo Loco night was absolutely off the chart, Tanzmann & Squillace absolutely nailed the shit out of it. Love that venue so much, even though it was only the 2 smaller rooms that were open yet again it didn't fail to impress. Best warehouse style venue in the country surely?

The Circo Loco night was absolutely off the chart, Tanzmann & Squillace absolutely nailed the shit out of it. Love that venue so much, even though it was only the 2 smaller rooms that were open yet again it didn't fail to impress. Best warehouse style venue in the country surely?

i like those two rooms the best, that back one is excellent. so dark you can barley make anyone out, i'm f*cking useless in there after a few refreshers, can't see a thing but the lights, walking round with my hands out in front of me like a zombie.

yep, top venue that place.

Haven't been to the new one. Last WHP I went to was the end of Store street on new years day, there're some very good "warehouse style" venues in Liverpool though, had better nights there due to atmosphere/capacity as well. Jamie xx just before Halloween '11 in Store street was one of the worst events I've ever been to, they'd massively oversold the place to dangerous levels and it was full of silly c**ts in snapbacks not dancing just "crowding", Jamie Jones saved the night though.

i like those two rooms the best, that back one is excellent. so dark you can barley make anyone out, i'm f*cking useless in there after a few refreshers, can't see a thing but the lights, walking round with my hands out in front of me like a zombie.

yep, top venue that place.

When Flying Lotus played in that main room to about 3000 people it was a pretty surreal moment for me, loved absolutely every second of being in that main room but I can completely understand why you prefer the the 2nd. It has so much character and the atmosphere is unbelievable inside. I don't think you can grasp how big the place is and how many people it can hold unless the whole building is open though.

I took some video on my phone and uploaded it to youtube earlier from the CircoLoco night, here you go if you'd like to take a look, like you said though the room is so dark it sought of reminds of the main room in DC10 a little bit with the lighting:

Haven't been to the new one. Last WHP I went to was the end of Store street on new years day, there're some very good "warehouse style" venues in Liverpool though, had better nights there due to atmosphere/capacity as well. Jamie xx just before Halloween '11 in Store street was one of the worst events I've ever been to, they'd massively oversold the place to dangerous levels and it was full of silly c**ts in snapbacks not dancing just "crowding", Jamie Jones saved the night though.

You've probably been told by every man and his dog but you definitely need to witness the new venue. It's at least 3 maybe 4 times bigger than Store Street and has a feeling about the place that I've not felt in any of the other warehouse style venues that I've been to in this country. I agree that there are some good warehouse spaces in Liverpool, I'm a scouser myself and love the tobacco warehouse but the camp & furnace is my favourite warehouse venue in Liverpool.

I seem to be on my own about WHP, I'll have to give it another,chance, probably for Skreamizm or Maya Jane Coles launch.

I could see a Skreamizm set at Glastonbury again, like the Beat Hotel one.

Go & see Skream at WHP to get your fix of that fantastic venue then on Easter Sunday if you're pocket / sanity allows get your arse to this:

Circus Easter Sunday Warehouse Party

Sunday March 31st 2013

Camp & Furnace

Steve Lawler

Maya Jane Coles

Maceo Plex

Yousef

The Martinez Brothers

Bicep

Lewis Boardman

Scott Lewis

Ki Crieghton

What a line-up in a BOSS venue as well

Finished with Circus a while ago, that's a nice line up though. Bicep should be good, can see big things for them if they pull their finger out:

Why did you finish with Circus?

I love Bicep, they've got some lovely tracks, like you I see them being destined for big things if they put the effort in.

Edited by Mr. Cowbell