Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest kaosmark2

Cheesy 'mayor' gimmick

35 posts in this topic

Fucking pathetic.

Personally i thought the burger thing was a lot cooler.

I dunno. i'm a bit apathetic to the whole thing, like its not a bad idea its not great, don't think its gonna be the big ticket pool they need...

I think they should add a new artist to the line up if possible, someone like lana del ray whos in the public eye a lot

Or they need to do something thats going to make the event 'special' or 'unmissable' . i'm not going to suggest this but an example is obviously that bloody Hologram of 2pac at cochella

The practicality of doing the following obviously varies and i'm not saying these to invoke a debate about practicality. its more to get the feel of what i'm talking about

My suggestions are perhaps:

Get that kid, dunno who the fuck he is, to sing areoplans with hayly williams

Get some artist to do some crazy collaboration- Florence and Annie lenox?

Get Kirt novelist to come onstage with foos and play a Nirvana

like not great suggestions, but i hope you get the point

It's orite as a marketing gimmick, don't get why anyone would hate it.

If you don't like it, don't enter it's just a bit of fun to encourage a few more ticket sales at fairly little expense to the fest..

Vote for me & I promise to slash toilet wait times by half, ban Paramore from ever coming back, and dish out TWO free burgers to everybody who comes dressed as Borat.

Vote for me & I promise to slash toilet wait times by half, ban Paramore from ever coming back, and dish out TWO free burgers to everybody who comes dressed as Borat.

i'm all in favour of this "cheesy" mayor thang, vote cheeseisamazing. it won't be cheezy otherwiez :ninja:

Meh, if they didn't try stuff like this then people would be accusing them of sitting on their arses doing nothing. It's a gimmick but so is most of marketing and promotion.

i'm all in favour of this "cheesy" mayor thang, vote cheeseisamazing. it won't be cheezy otherwiez :ninja:

At least it isn't as bad as the booking Paramore gimmick.

Well its done its job, you lot talking about it. People will tell people who will tell people about the gimmick haha.

Genius!

I think it's a pretty decent idea really.

Did they actually follow through with this and if they did who is the mayor so I can start blaming them for everything?

*edit* just googled it and here she is...

http://www.getreadin...eading_festival

C_67_article_2116083_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg?28%2F06%2F2012%2013%3A38%3A56%3A814

Student Lotti St Aubyn’s ear for a good tune has seen her elected the first Mayor of Reading Festival.

The 19-year-old’s choice of songs by bands performing at this year’s rock festival earned her the title and the chance to open the music extravaganza this August bank holiday weekend.

And these were the songs that made her Mayor...

Foo Fighters – Rope

Florence and the Machine – Shake It Out

The Cure – Boys Don’t Cry

Passion Pit – Sleepyhead

Bombay Bicycle Club – Dust On The Ground

Lotti said: “I have never been to a festival before and thought I would go this year and just entered on the off-chance and I won. I am still shocked. It still hasn’t sunk in yet.

They did, there was a news item on the official site.

Not as awful a music selection as I'd expected. Could have been a more interesting choice for The Cure though.

Surely we should elect a mayor with experience ? A mayor who will lead us through the downpours, a mayor who will stand up for the down trodden masses as they settle for their breakfast bap!

MUTINY, THIS MAYOR ISN'T FIT FOR THE JOB

"MUTINY, MUTINY, MUTINY!"

every single person in the crowd when she's anywhere near.

I've only just noticed jump's signature....

Still, I guess someone who's never been to a festival before is appropriate at connecting to the main Reading demographic :P

I think next year we should organise and back a candidate, I vote Gazza for Mayor 2013!