Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

Think New Order sadly pretty unlikely now as Friday is a cheaper day ticket than the other days and the Bowie thing is on Sunday when NO are in Ireland.

Maybe Travis at a guess, they are around and would be of a similar ilk to James last year, which went down very well

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Carlos The Mackerel said:

We are staying in a cottage in Harlech for the festival can any of you veterans tell me would we be easily able to get a taxi when leaving the site after the headliners have finished? Also would it mean jumping on a shuttle bus first?

Thanks

Hello,

We stay in Harlech and get the train to Minffordd - it takes about 20-25 mins. From Minffordd there is a 20min walk directly to festival (no need to go to park and ride) - just follow everyone else.

For the return - get a taxi from the festival site back to Harlech - it will cost about £30 for 4 passengers. We return at 11.30pm and had no problems getting a taxi from the on-site taxi ranks. You can also pre-book a taxi from porthmadog or Harlech if you know exactly what time you want to return home.

Enjoy the festival - the best in the UK in my opinion.

On 11/02/2016 at 10:35 PM, jjason said:

I have seen Echo any the bunnymen supporting James two years ago and they were truly excellent. I have also seen Bastille and although their music is Killers lite they do put on an excellent live show. I have been to 50+ festivals and never seen a classical ensemble so the Bowie thing should be interesting.

I about to check out the other bands but any advise would be appreciated as good in the studio does not mean good live.

I have been to all 4 Festival no6's so if you need advice I am happy to help

Hey pal. Just looking for a bit of advice about the festival. 

Currently recovering from Kendal calling. 

Wants the camping situation like at number 6? Showered etc? We had to pay £10 a go at KC. Also wellies etc? Are they required or is it weather dependent. I'd go barefoot if I could so wearing wellies is a pain for me. 

Also any other tips you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Corky

2 hours ago, @corkyla said:

Wants the camping situation like at number 6? Showered etc? We had to pay £10 a go at KC. Also wellies etc? Are they required or is it weather dependent. I'd go barefoot if I could so wearing wellies is a pain for me. 

Cheers

Corky

the showers are free but this means queuing for a cold shower, never had to wear wellies here so even in the worst weather walking boot is fine.

thing to weary of is you'll be camping on an incline so a roll matt is no good as I found out in the first year

8 hours ago, @corkyla said:

Cheers

Corky

Ditto Dirty_dog and...

Tip 1 - Invest in a hip flask as alcohol is very expensive in main arena and village areas.

Tip 2 - spend AT LEAST half a day in the woods (which you enter through the village) as this is most remarkable aspect of the festival - lots of hidden stages and even stunning hidden beaches.

Tip 3 - Listen to the Male voice choir in the central plaza - this may sound like a terrible idea but trust me, it will have the hairs on the back of your neck standing on end.

On 31 July 2016 at 9:00 PM, jjason said:

Hello,

We stay in Harlech and get the train to Minffordd - it takes about 20-25 mins. From Minffordd there is a 20min walk directly to festival (no need to go to park and ride) - just follow everyone else.

For the return - get a taxi from the festival site back to Harlech - it will cost about £30 for 4 passengers. We return at 11.30pm and had no problems getting a taxi from the on-site taxi ranks. You can also pre-book a taxi from porthmadog or Harlech if you know exactly what time you want to return home.

Enjoy the festival - the best in the UK in my opinion.

Thank you very much for this information sounds like that is also going to be our plan. See you on the platform at Harlech.

4 hours ago, Green.flash said:

Relating to tip 1. 

Is there an arena area with alcohol checks? Is it possible to take your own booze through? Or are they strict?

quite strict into the arena but no checks into the village or woods which is the best part of this festival.

we only head into the Arena for the headliners and the late night stuff. 

How's about I start another rumour!!?!

I've just noticed that John Bramwell is playing a solo set in the Village so maybe they'll try and convince him to get the Kloot boys together for the main stage too ?

Yes, I know it won't happen but it's worth a punt! ;)

On 04/08/2016 at 4:36 PM, robskyd said:

How's about I start another rumour!!?!

I've just noticed that John Bramwell is playing a solo set in the Village so maybe they'll try and convince him to get the Kloot boys together for the main stage too ?

Yes, I know it won't happen but it's worth a punt! ;)

it's a possibility, they played here a few years ago and the festival has strong Manchester connections