Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

Thought the infrastructure had a lot less investment this year. When i say that i mean walkways, putting down wood chips in dangerous areas etc. I have been to all previous no6 festivals and half have had similar weather without the issues everyone is complaining about.

It is selling itself as an upmarket festival, and in the past it really has lived up to that billing. In my opinion, this year the organisers tried to cut too many corners to save money and i expect it will cost them in insurance costs next year (if they run it.)

If it was your first No6 then perhaps you can not see how far it has fallen - genuinely gutted as it has been the best festival in the UK for the last several years.

I hope this is not the last No6, i really do. Festival No6: You either sell it as a bog standard festival in a pretty location in which case everything this year was within festival levels of acceptability (but only just in camping fields- only 3 of 11 toilets working) or sell it as a bit above other festivals and make the infrastructure a bit above other festivals- this year was miss-sold and people are upset accordingly.

Best bands: Super Fury Animals, Bowie Tribute & Temples

Other highlights: Johnny Vegas, funny, sweary poetry on main stage and wandering around woods

Absolute best bits: There were 6 of us and we had a brilliant laugh despite being shin deep in shit for most of the festival.

3rd and final festival this year having been to NOS Alive, Sziget and No6. I'm after a recommendation for next year as keen to do a different foreign and UK festival.

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2016 at 7:20 PM, jjason said:

3rd and final festival this year having been to NOS Alive, Sziget and No6. I'm after a recommendation for next year as keen to do a different foreign and UK festival.

For me it's going to be between BBK Bilbao, NOS, Mad Cool or Best Kept Secret for the first one of the year and then Pukkelpop as I do most years for the one in late Summer. Can't see me veering from those unless another festival comes up with a whopper of a line up like NOS did last year.

Have hotels booked for all of the above festivals, just not so patiently waiting for line ups to be announced now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, robskyd said:

Its rumour mill time B)

Not sure if anyone else noticed this last night but the Festival 6 Facebook account “liked” the Elbow account.

Make of that what you will……

Guy is good friends with the Festival and has been here most years without even performing, bound to headline one year

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, robskyd said:

Patience young Padawan.....

They usually announce the first acts in February.

Is there anyone you fancy?

I would like the XX but I think they might be too big now. I think there's a good chance Elbow will be one of the headliners. I would like to see Placebo as well but again, don't think it is likely. Got a horrible feeling after his appearance last year that Paul Weller might end up there!

• 2 weeks later...