Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

16 hours ago, robskyd said:

The apps now available which has all the stage times and lets you highlight what you want to see and will send a reminder for each act. 

Looks pretty good as long as it doesn't need an internet connection!! 

So good that they do an app! No cribs and bloc party clash and I didn't realise the slow readers club were on (shows how much I've looked at the lineup). I like the sound of this real ale house too!

cribs, slow readers club, PSB and flaming lips for me - literally 4 acts, and take in the festival the rest of the time. Maybe bloc party if the gf wants to but not bothered personally 

Edited by efcfanwirral

It has now sold out. Bit surprising considering last year's mayhem. Thanks to the reduced capacity perhaps (12000 instead of 15000)...

Quite a few people are struggling to shift spare tickets, many below face value, though.

One disappointment this year is, there was no further big announcement of the lineup after the initial one, like James (2015) and Super Furry Animals (2016) that were added later. Then again, the reduced budget perhaps...

2 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

It has now sold out. Bit surprising considering last year's mayhem. Thanks to the reduced capacity perhaps (12000 instead of 15000)...

Quite a few people are struggling to shift spare tickets, many below face value, though.

my cynical side always finds it hard to believe the claims of a sell-out made at around the same time they'd have to take the tickets off sale anyway. I mean, I'm sure that does happen, sometimes, but not every time.

It'll be interesting to hear whether people there think it was sold out.

It is only the first day but I already had a ball. Great, great festival this time, no less fabulous than 2015, maybe even better.

Only a brief drizzle a couple of times and that's it.

Downsizing cirtainly works and I didn't experience any serious bottlenecks today.

Saw Toy, Palace, Steve Mason, Charlotte Church, The Cinematic Orchestra, Kate Tempest, Mogwai etc. Kate Tempest was the best hands down. So powerful.

And...no, tickets weren't available on the door.

It was fucking beautiful. Not the weather, although it seemed to get better every afternoon which helped.

Bloc Party were waaaayyyy better than I expected. Jared Christmas was pretty incredible. Nish Kumar was great. The Bootleg Beatles were borderline creepy in their likeliness, and the set was incredible fun. James Vincent McMorrow drawing a massive crowd pleased me.

The whole thing was amazing. I could go through what I enjoyed in detail but it'd take some time.

8 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

what about The Flaming Lips..????

a surreal band in surreal surroundings.. surely they smashed it.??

Them being amazing wasn't really noteworthy. Expected them to be incredible and they were.

Good shout on Public Service Broadcasting btw. Couldn't get in the tent as it was mobbed but wasn't too far out of it.

Wow! What a great festival.

I've got to admit I was getting a bit worried after reading some of the horror stories of last year (which I discovered after I booked my tickets) and seeing the weather forecasts but I shouldn't have been. OK the weather was far from perfect but it didn't spoil things at all. As has already been said, Public Service Broadcasting, Bloc Party and Bootleg Beatles were all highlights. Yucatan and Kate Tempest also deserve a mention for me.

If anyone's interested I've uploaded some of the photos I took over the weekend:

Even in fairly poor light, it's fair to say No.6 is one of the more photogenic festivals going and I'm sure plenty of people could do it more justice than I have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...