Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

Oh, some stage stuff from the site.

Cabbage - The Grand Pavilion on the Saturday
Aine Cahil - The Grand Pavilion ( unknown day )
Island - The Grand Pavilion ( unknown day )
Jagwar MA - The Grand Pavilion ( unknown day )
James Vincent McMorrow - Stage No. 6 ( unknown day )
Joe Goddard - The Grand Pavilion ( unknown day )
Klangstof - The Grand Pavilion ( unknown day )
Laura Mvula - Stage No. 6 ( unknown day )
PINS - Stage No. 6 ( unknown day )
Rag N Bone Man - Stage No. 6 on the Sunday ( this I'm not sure on, but I'm SURE they released this info at some point )
Ten Tonnes - Stage No. 6 ( unknown day )
The Cribs - The Grand Pavilion ( unknown day )

2 hours ago, betharm said:

Are anymore bands being announced for this?

They usually do yes.

As you know they've released the first wave, then the arts and comedy and then I'd expect them to release the food stuff and the final list of acts.

Hopefully with a few surprises included too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right Festival No 6 veterans, can you help me out? It's my first time at No 6 this year and I'm trying to get my head around this festival and how it works, but despite trawling forums/the site I'm a bit confused... can you help?!

1. So you park & ride to the campsite right? Bit of a ballache but ok. Is it then walkable to the arena from the campsite?

2. And what IS the arena?! Is the village all cordoned off? Or is there a separate 'Official Festival Arena' eg in a field like at Glasto or Latitude say?

3. Booze limits: one bottle of spirits OR a case of beer... do they really mean it or is it just a bit of a deterrent?

4. I've seen they say no booze out of the campsite, a la Latitude. Do they enforce this with bag/pocket searches? Just asking for a friend... :rolleyes:

5. Any other top tips? Especially on practicalities and logistics of best times to arrive, eating, that kind of boring shit :D

THANKS!

Rachel x

Dunno how strict they are on the alcohol limit these days but in 2014, they definitely went with it.

The campsite to the arena is an easy walk.

The arena and village are seperate but it's not exactly cordoned off. Remember there's a heap load of shit going on down there that's part of the festival. Think the village closes earlier than the arena though.

Again, can't speak for now, but they were lax as fuck about taking booze from the campsite to the arena when I was there, but that was folk with single cans and things like that.

One question from me. What were the delays of getting out of there like last year with the weather?

• Upvote 1

Hello all, new to this as well this year, 4 glasto vets going for a different vibe, after the failure to land the big one this year. It's been dead on here so glad to see someone else posting something! As much info as possible as above is greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to it actually but with a little trepidation as it will be all new to us. The weather might be a thing, hopefully we'll get an Indian summer, do they have those in wales? :) 

From what I gather last year was almost a washout and they had to drag cards from the car park which was on a rugby field, but I read that this year they have changed it to a more manageable site.

it's just the Main Arena bit that they do bag checks but they are quite lax going into the Village, The Village and the Woods is the best part of the Festival so spend as much time there as you can.

when the weather is right it's the best Festival in the UK and we've had 3 good and 2 bad ones so far.

• Upvote 1

This will be our third year at Festival 6. The first time we camped and last year and this year we're in the campervan field.

Getting to the festival on the buses was fine when we did it, they run constantly and it was only a 10 minute journey. We queued at the end of the festival and I think it took us about an hour to get to our car. Though they are changing the parking area this time because of last year's disaster. 

You can make as many journeys on the bus if you have loads of stuff, though we travelled light and managed it in one journey. As others have stated there's not much searching when going into the Village and Woods but I had my bag searched going into the main arena. 

Last year was badly organised with stewards not knowing what day of the week it was and the weather didn't help. They made a statement that the organisers have learnt many lessons and they'll be put into practise this year. So if the rain stays off we'll be in for a treat! 

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

It was absolutely gorgeous in 2014, but be aware that at night, it'll be cold. So just make sure you're ready for that, nice weather or not.

yeah I presumed it would be cold at night, went to EOTR last year and it was cold there and that is in Dorset, would imagine a few degrees colder in Wales.

On 7/24/2017 at 9:56 AM, DomDom1984 said:

So basically, it's like any other festival. Take your chances with the weather.

I'll just beer my way through if the weather is shite.

A sunny No 6 is so much better than any other sunny festival, doesn't feel like your in the UK

9 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Announced tonight that highlights will be shown on Sky Arts. Decent news for No. 6 that.

It is, though highlights are usually around two weeks or so afterwards ?That's that normally happens on Sky arts.

22 minutes ago, ghandi said:

It is, though highlights are usually around two weeks or so afterwards ?That's that normally happens on Sky arts.

Aye, I'd imagine that's what it'll be given that the official Facebook page was talking about the chance to re-live it.

Not that this makes it any worse of a thing for the festival of course.