Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, johnl said:

I'm still clinging onto the hope that once Latitude is out of the way New Order will be announced as special headliners. They are playing Electric Picnic the same weekend so are about and they do love FN6.

very unlikely that New Order will play due to cost involved, already forking out for 4 headline acts if you include SFA 

I actually don't want the line up to get any better than it already is and much prefer not having to be anywhere. 

• 1 month later...

Considering heading along to Festival Number 6. I am just wondering if that is pretty much it for the line up this year? Its quite expensive for a 'smaller festival' at £200! Ive been to quite a few festivals over the years now, how does festival number 6 compare to the likes of Kendal Calling, Greenman etc. Someone suggested that it is quite sensible, middle class types that go. I don't know if that is really my thing...

On 19/05/2016 at 5:57 PM, generationgav said:

First time going to Festival Number 6, does anybody know what time the main stage and then the woodland stage finish? 

stuff in the woods finishes early about 8pm, the village closes about 10pm and the main stage about 11:30pm, plenty of dance stuff on till about 2am 

On 15/05/2016 at 0:16 PM, sinc72 said:

Considering heading along to Festival Number 6. I am just wondering if that is pretty much it for the line up this year? Its quite expensive for a 'smaller festival' at £200! Ive been to quite a few festivals over the years now, how does festival number 6 compare to the likes of Kendal Calling, Greenman etc. Someone suggested that it is quite sensible, middle class types that go. I don't know if that is really my thing...

if this Festival was in a random field somewhere then it would be half the price but it's in the best location possible you can have a festival in the country, probably is more middle class than most festivals but that will change this year with Noel headlining.

if the weathers good this is possibly the best Festival in the UK but can only compare it to Glastonbury and Green Man but it's one you have to try at least once. 

Edited by dirty_dog

I've got a feeling that New Order might be added. The only reason I'm basing this on is I commented under their most recent post about New Order asking if they will be added to the lineup and FestNo6 deleted it! Could just be 2+2=5 but might be something in it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty indifferent to big chunks of the music line-up this year, but some of the other stuff is look absolute top-notch. Really excited now. 

Has anyone heard the rumour that the organisers don't have a great relationship with the big booking agencies, hence the slightly unusual line-ups? i can't remember where I heard it but was widening if there was any truth in it? 

Does anyone have any info on the park and ride times?  Looking increasingly like my mate's going to have to be in work on Monday morning so trying to work out whether it's best leaving after the headliners on Sunday night or getting a bit of sleep and setting off early doors Monday morning.  Should only take a couple of hours to get home.

On 02/07/2016 at 0:51 PM, sadimmock said:

I'm pretty indifferent to big chunks of the music line-up this year, but some of the other stuff is look absolute top-notch. Really excited now. 

Has anyone heard the rumour that the organisers don't have a great relationship with the big booking agencies, hence the slightly unusual line-ups? i can't remember where I heard it but was widening if there was any truth in it? 

Yep the big agencies have squeezed them out in previous years making things difficult but I think Bestival holds a small stake in this festival so will hopefully be able to share an act or 2

• 2 weeks later...