Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

another tip is make sure you don't use a roll matt for sleeping as you

are camped on a steep hill or you'll end up at the bottom of your tent every morning.

Funny you should mention this as I'm just about to go and buy one of those self inflating mats,I got fed up at the last festival with my blow up being flat by the morning so I stopped pumping it up and found it more comfortable that way.

Are all the general camping on a slope then?

Funny you should mention this as I'm just about to go and buy one of those self inflating mats,I got fed up at the last festival with my blow up being flat by the morning so I stopped pumping it up and found it more comfortable that way.

It is quite hilly (especially near the campsite entrance) but if you walk for five minutes to the second field you'll find plenty flat space. 

i used one of those inflating matts the first year and woke up every morning curled up in a puddle at the bottom of my tent 

Too late,bought one today.

I think I might stick it in duvet cover to stop the slipping.

that could work with something slid underneath the bottom end of it.

My mate brought his the same year and went to bed with his tent door open and I found him in the morning asleep about 12 ft away from his tent.

we now take a couple of fishing bed chairs with adjustable legs.  

do you have much space around your tent on a scale of SGP (absolutely loads of space) to Glasto (tripping on guy ropes all day, every day)???

In the first year the campsite was more rammed than Glasto, they opened up extra space after that.

The further you're prepared to walk to your tent the more room you will have. Last year I went up the hill to the top field and camped close to the edge of the site. The ground was flatter and I had plenty of room. I arrived around 3:00pm on Friday,it was easier to find a space at FN6 than arriving at Glasto on Thursday evening.

Cheers Astroman. Peace of mind for a Friday arriver.

getting really excited for this now. has crept up on me without me even thinking about it.

I don't suppose you have any idea how stringent security are re misc. substances?

keep it well hidden, they were even doing random tent searches last year but you would have to be really unlucky to get caught.

in the middle of your sleeping bag isn't a bad place or half way down a box of pringles

Got an email from the festival last night, ordering me to ring them between 9am and "lunchtime" today, in order to clarify the full names of all of our group otherwise they wouldn't be allowed entry. Bit fucking rich of them to tell me to do that now after they've had the booking for weeks and not done anything about it, then they give me a threat and a tiny window to contact them in. It's only by pure coincidence that I checked my emails this morning, what if they'd done this when I was in the Lake District earlier this week, or at Green Man next week? I'd have missed it, and what would have happened then? Then contacting them this morning was a right fucking circus, I start work at 9am, and using a work phone for personal use, or using a mobile in work space isn't allowed, so I had to use my break to sit listening to 10 minutes of fucking Florence on hold on an 0844 number and didn't get through. I used the live chat on their website and got no response. Eventually I had to take my lunch break early, not knowing if I'd missed the arbitrary deadline of "lunchtime" and ring them then. Why do they need everybody's full name anyway? I gave them a surname and first initial, that's more than enough, they're not Glastonbury. Why couldn't I just reply to the email they sent me instead of getting charged for a premium rate number? Why the small window? Might seem like a small thing, but I spent my morning worrying about it, and I'm quite pissed off.

James Morrison opening main stage. Not fucking about, are they?

Jim Morrison's dead, mate.

Yes - you can make multiple trips. The downside is you will have to queue to get back on the bus to get back to the festival site. If possible, leave one of your group  at the front of the queue with your remaining stuff the rest go back and forth to the site.

yeah I feel like if some fella comes into my tent in the middle of the night next week I will be telling him to fuck right off.

random tent searches with dogs btw?

no dogs that I know off,

not sure how random the searches are, the lads camped near me that got stung where a little on the scally side,

nice enough lads but it was obvious they weren't there for the arts n culture