Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

Ive just noticed this on the efestivals review of the festival:

Alcohol restrictions

Please note there was a personal limit on alcohol brought to the festival last year - this is 1 bottle of spirits, or 1 case of beer, or 2 bottles of wine, and it's expected to be the same this year. Whatever you bring must not be in glass and must be decanted before taking on the park & ride.

Does anyone know if this is strictly enforced?? 
Are you really that restricted about what booze you bring into the campsite?
Is it an arena type set up as well were you will be searched for booze?

thanks

Ive just noticed this on the efestivals review of the festival:

Alcohol restrictions

Please note there was a personal limit on alcohol brought to the festival last year - this is 1 bottle of spirits, or 1 case of beer, or 2 bottles of wine, and it's expected to be the same this year. Whatever you bring must not be in glass and must be decanted before taking on the park & ride.

thanks

My group last year had more than the limit. No questions asked. You can't take your drink into the music arena or the village officially but it's fairly easy to smuggle a couple of cans or bag of wine in. We certainly never got caught. If I recall the bag searches between areas were random. Use your imagination and you'll be fine.

hi

just booked tickets for this.

going to be travelling from London to Bangor station - when i booked the tickets we added on the 'bangor-portmerion' coach tickets. Does anyone know how often the coach/shuttle runs? It looks like the journey is approx 1hr. don't want to arrive too late on the friday!

Can anyone advise if theres much happening on the Thursday?

The day splits have been announced on the official site and theres no mention of any Thursday activity.

Nowt as far as I'm aware. Pretty sure the village and music arena are closed and there's zero campsite entertainment.

Alcohol restrictions

thanks

We've have a similar rule for the Body & Soul festival in Ireland for the last two years as regards alcohol, the thing is because its a twenty four can limit and two bottles of wine or a large bottle of spirits and two bottles of wine you can wander in through the music arena and forest.  Its known as the 'Free-Flow' policy where once you have your allotted drink there is no more searches throughout the festival, the same rules though as regards glass.  Once you are wristbanded though you will not be allowed re-entry with more booze or if you make the mistake of bringing your tent, clothes and food through first, you will be wristbanded and can't bring your booze in on your second trip to campsite from car.

Edited by Frrrraaappp head

Alcohol restrictions

thanks

searches are random if you leave the arena and head to the village and return - unless you're in a crowd you are likely to be searched - if you look weird you are likely to be searched by the same guy even if you go in, go back out to the loo, and then go back in straight away - I must have been searched 6 times a day on average. It also depends when your coach arrives at the village - first time they pulled about 3 people at random, second time (we were travelling in each day) they searched nearly everyone getting off

My mates who I went to Latitude with are going to this, they've put words in my ear, so I'm now looking to finish work early on the Thurs, nip on over (a mere 2 hour drive from Manchester, I'm told!) then either drive back Sunday night or take another half day Monday and drive back in the morning. My only barriers are how much leave I have left at work and tickets are expensive, any chance of discounted ones popping up at any point? And what's camping like? I thought it'd all be chalets or hotels, but the website says they're three grand a pop, they can fuck right off there.

My mates who I went to Latitude with are going to this, they've put words in my ear, so I'm now looking to finish work early on the Thurs, nip on over (a mere 2 hour drive from Manchester, I'm told!) then either drive back Sunday night or take another half day Monday and drive back in the morning. My only barriers are how much leave I have left at work and tickets are expensive, any chance of discounted ones popping up at any point? And what's camping like? I thought it'd all be chalets or hotels, but the website says they're three grand a pop, they can fuck right off there.

You can do the regular camping. And seeing as it's a short drive you might not need to finish early on Thursday as there's nothing going on that day and I would imagine it's pretty much for people travelling long distances and not wanting that to eat into their Friday.

As you're into Latitude you'll probably love it. It gets compared to it a lot and there's a heavy Mancunian contingent there amongst the Welsh people, which I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing for you. But at the same time (though I've never been to Latitude) I can't imagine it being too similar that you sit around thinking "this is just a shit Latitude". :P

Wouldn't particularly expect discounted tickets but you never know. There are usually a lot of FN6 competitions though if you wanna try your luck before buckling to the price demands. 

Edited by dentalplan

Cheers, Dental. It's one I've always wanted to do, and they've got 4 headliners that're right up my street, and loads of other stuff on the line-up I can see myself enjoying a lot. Plus there's the fact I've got fond memories of being taken for summer holidays in Portmerrion as a wee scamp. Load of the local scruffs from round ere being there should mean that I don't get as many confused southerners trying to figure out where my accent is from, greatest hits from Latitude featured Hull, Leeds, Scotland and Norway.

... tickets are expensive, any chance of discounted ones popping up at any point?

On August 22nd last year I got an email from Latitude offering "a limited number of 50% Discounted Tickets to our sister festival No.6, Weekend + Camping £80.00 + booking fee £10.00."

I had to enter my Latitude 2014 booking reference code to get the discount. They sent an e-ticket 3 days before I was travelling.

I think I'll only be tempted this year if they repeat this offer.

• Upvote 1