Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

Can't see it being Super Furry Animals for that very reason. I'm guessing it's either James, Manic Street Preachers or Chemical Brothers.

Manics I'm considering ruling out because they didn't do it that long ago, but I don't know if Festival No. 6 give a toss about repeat bookings either.

I assumed Bay, Bottlemen and Everything Everything were the subs.

That crossed my mind but it's just the Friday headliner to come though isn't it? Friday one tends to be the weaker of the three and they'd get away with it anyway what with the good relations and the large Manc population at the fest.

Edited by dentalplan

I can see James Bay being a sub headliner. I think you can make an argument for Catfish and the Bottlemen being the same size as subs from last year too, but not Everything Everything. I think Catfish and the Bottlemen will be third down though, but the sort of mini poster suggests they might well be a sub, but there was similar assumptions to be made last year. There's definitely at least one sub to go.

My argument for EE would be that they subbed in 2012 and 2013 so I can't see them moving down, and James Bay, Catfish and the Bottlemen and the headliners precede them on the website's list of acts so I believe they'll all be the subs. Maybe if they have shunted down Everything Everything there'll be another addition but I wouldn't count on it personally.

Editors wouldn't be bad IMO, but I'd buy them more as a sub. The main subs last year were sort of middle main stage acts at bigger places, which is about where they'd go I reckon.

I'd be happy with them headlining though, especially ahead of utter guff like The Charlatans.

OK....so......advice please.

Me and the missus are thinking about going to this. HOWEVER......the Grace Jones & Metronomy headliners do NOT get me excited at all. Im assuming, though, there will be SOMETHING else on when they are on, right?

Do tell. Thanks.

Me and the missus are thinking about going to this. HOWEVER......the Grace Jones & Metronomy headliners do NOT get me excited at all. Im assuming, though, there will be SOMETHING else on when they are on, right?

Do tell. Thanks.

Thie Village and the Woods are both shut by the time the headliners are on but you'll have two other music tents as well as whatevers on at the Castle this year. Krakum Rum tent was also there last year, not sure if thats back or not though.

• Upvote 1

cool. Thanks dude. :)

Course, now i have another question. Ive searched myself for a 'clashguide' of sorts for previous years, and there isnt any.....any chance someone has a link or can post a pic up of the timetable etc?

Ta. :)

Edited by retromoz

Thie Village and the Woods are both shut by the time the headliners are on but you'll have two other music tents as well as whatevers on at the Castle this year. Krakum Rum tent was also there last year, not sure if thats back or not though.

Kraken Rum tent is there every year

cool. Thanks dude. :)

Course, now i have another question. Ive searched myself for a 'clashguide' of sorts for previous years, and there isnt any.....any chance someone has a link or can post a pic up of the timetable etc?

Ta. :)

The main 2 stages flip flop with times so you should have any clashes there and the stages down in the village are usually finished by about 9 o'clock

Do tell. Thanks.

After 10 pm the two tents mentioned by Stanton stop the live music and become dance tents.There are only ever djs at the Castell Garden too.The only live band after 10 pm is on the main stage.If you are dancing types (I'm not) you won't have a problem.The only alternative to the main stage and dance tents is the late night cinema in the village Gatehouse.

I've been to all three FN6 festivals and I thought the first was by far the best.Each year since then the organisers seem to be mainly interested in turning it into a festival for clubbers and I've become progressively more reluctant to buy a ticket.

The stage times are never released before you arrive so it's not possible for anyone to make a clashguide online until it's too late.I don't have a working camera at the moment but the print in the programme timetable is microscopic.